• Published 23rd Jun 2014
  • 1,304 Views, 14 Comments

The Life of a Trophy Wife - dei-dei



Fleur dis Lee is quite a lucky mare, a powerful husband and successful modeling career, her life seems to be as perfect as can be, until she opens her eyes to see what her husband has really been doing at all those "business" meetings.

  • ...
4
 14
 1,304

A Lovely Day


“If I have to wear this corset any longer I think I'm going to faint.” Fleur dis Lee whispered to her assistant, Shimmer Swirls.

“Well be glad there is only an hour left in the photo shoot, just a few more pictures and it will all be over.” Shimmer replied.

Fleur posed as cameras flashed and showered all around, her outfit being a checkered corset with laced lingerie, her flank exposed. Only one more hour Fleur thought to herself. She gazed at the stallions gawking behind her, What pigs.


Fleur untied the corset with her magic and threw it on the ground. She laid herself against a couch in the middle of her dressing room, exhausted from today's shoot.

“Why does my husband insist on me modeling for these silly CoverMare magazines! It's like charity work for horny ass-” before Fleur could finish ranting to herself there was a knock at the door. “Come in.”

A white, blue maned unicorn entered, holding a floating rose with his magic. “Hello darling, I saw the pictures from your last shoot, you are as beautiful as ever~” Fancypants said sweetly as he placed the rose in Fleur's hair, giving her a nuzzle.

“Don't flatter me husband, you know as much as I how I hate the CoverMare magazine. They treat their models like dogs and will let just about anyone inside the shoot with enough money, it's ridiculous.”

“I know my dear, but I promised one of my clients that I would have the most beautiful model in Canterlot be on a cover of their magazine,” he placed a hoof to her face and starred into her eyes, “you know I couldn't of made that deal with Prim Hemline without some sort of sacrifice, I'm a businessman not a miracle worker.”

“You could have at least told me ahead of time, maybe before the day of the shoot?” she placed her hooves around him and nuzzled his neck “Anyway can we go shopping in a bit darling, I could use some new shoes after a day like today.” She smiled at him innocently, her eyes grew wide begging.

“With a face like that how could I say no, but I actually have some work to do tonight.” Fleur looked down disappointed, Fancypants petted her mane reassuringly “Starflower wants to start a new clothing line, I need to discuss this with some of my fashion clients. It's a very important meeting that I can't miss darling, just take the EquestrianExpress card I gave you and get yourself something nice. I should be home in the morning.” Fancypants explained.

He nuzzled her one last time then headed out the door, Fleur watched him as he left. Fleur sighed He could of at least said good bye she thought to herself, taking the rose out of her hair with magic and sniffed it. I truly hate roses thinking to herself as she tossed the rose aside and pouted.


“Oh that dress fits you like a jewel Fleur!” Amberlocks complemented as she watched her friend twist and turn in a new pink striped summer dress, looking at herself in the mirror.

“You think so? I think this goes perfect with these yellow heels.” Fleur giggled as she stared at herself.

“Yes, yes everything looks fantastic. You don't mind if I buy a few things as well Fleur? I mean I found this really cute sunhat and purse that would just look wonderful with this outfit I got the other day and...”

“Say no more Amber, you're my closest friend! I'll buy you whatever you want.” Fleur exclaimed as she picked up a pair of sunglasses with her magic and put them on herself “Do you think my Pantsy Wantsy would like these?” She turned to Amber for approval.

“I doubt Fancypants would care what your wearing, the only thing he seems to be interested in is his class in society and money,” Amber scolded and added “You know he's just using you.”

“AMBER!” Fleur protested “How could you say that, he's been so good to me! You know that! I was a nobody before he came around and changed everything...” Fleur said dreamily as she looked into the distance, thinking about those first days they had met.


In the years before Fancypants, Fleur lived in Vanhoover, where she was born and raised. Fleur's parents died when she was only five. Both her parents were treated very highly in Vanhoover, but for reasons that were not looked upon as acceptable in society (they were vicious gangsters in the pony mafia). Her parents were both assassinated when trying to escape Vanhoover, and thus Fleur was put into an orphanage where she lived a poor and underprivileged life.

Fleur dreamed of getting away from Vanhoover and living the life of a princess, or at least highly wealthy, wishing to be taken care of by anyone. With low self-esteem and lack of confidence always hovering over her however she had no will of her own to push herself towards what she desired. So she waited and lived a quiet life, growing up hard but learning to cope, thinking a simple life was all she would ever have.

On her eighteenth birthday (which also happened to fall on Hearth's Warming Eve) everything changed for Fleur. A fashion show was said to be displayed in the town square that evening, including numerous other festivities to celebrate the holiday. It was the first time Fleur could explore on her own and she saved up as many bits as she could for the event, ready to have a wonderful time. She put on her best dress she made herself, a simple attire with slight patches of different fabric here and there, and a single daisy she put in her hair.

As young Fleur trotted along the square, gazing at the festivities, she was in awe. Fleur had never seen such a glorious display up close before. Lights and happy ponies could be found in excess all around, Fleur could hardly believe such a sight. She made her way through the crowd towards the fashion show, which was about to start, and quickly took a seat in the very front. The show was about to begin, Fleur was jittery with excitement.

“Are you ready for a show, ponies of Vanhoover!” Announced a unicorn colt in a blue suite with a floating microphone, who was already on stage. A roar of hoots and clops filled the air as he appeared, the announcer trotting down the runway towards the crowd “The most beautiful ponies of Equestria have come to show off the most fabulous works of fashion approved by Sapphire Shores herself! And here they come!” the announcer pony turned and faced the curtain of the runway, backing off stage while the ponies behind the curtain slowly came out to make their appearance. They were the most beautiful ponies Fleur had ever seen. She gazed at how their bodies were perfectly toned, how their outfits were so beautiful, and such confidence they showed in their stride across the runway. Fleur couldn't help but be jealous, she wanted to wear those beautiful outfits those ponies wore, she wanted to BE those ponies. Each model pony came across the stage, turned and modeled for the crowd of cameras waiting for them, then slowly disappeared behind the curtains. Fleur wished she could be on stage, having everypony look up to her, being praised for her beauty and grace like those models upon the stage.

Within minutes the fashion show was over and ponies started to leave, but Fleur stayed behind, too wrapped up in her own thoughts and dreams to even think about moving. Soon, after most of the ponies left, tears built up in Fleur's eyes, for she realized that no poor pony would ever be accepted to model or live a life around such high society. Those models were beautiful, wealthy, and confident, everything she was not. But then a tall stallion came to her rescue.

“Why are you crying my dear, such a lovely face doesn't deserve such tears.” He looked into her eyes and smiled, putting a hoof on her head, petting her.

He was much older than she was, a very tall and handsome stallion who must be rather wealthy to afford such designer attire, Fleur thought to herself. She winced as he petted her, shoving his hoof away in protest. Why is he being so nice to me, he's probably not to be trusted, no stallions from the upper class are Fleur's mind warned, questioning his actions. She never got much attention from stallions before, especially somepony as handsome as this one seemed to be. “Why are you talking to me?” Fleur demanded.

“Because you are quite beautiful young mare, I've been watching you from the judges table, the way you glistened and smiled when you saw those models made you look like an angel.” He said charmingly as he got closer to her “I can make you my angel, making you smile like that every day. I saw your eager eyes as you looked upon those simple model ponies, just do as I say and everything can be yours.”

Fleur's eyes widened, she could hardly believe what she was hearing. Everything she wanted given right to her on a silver platter, it was too good to be true and she knew it. But then again, Fleur thought, what bad could really become of this, she had no life of her own that was worth any value to her, and she knew this was her only chance to become what she wanted in the quickest way possible.

“What is your name mister?” asked Fleur

“Fancypants, and what is yours my fair mareden?”

“Fleur dis Lee”


Author's Note:

This is my first attempt at writing a story I actually felt proud enough to publish, please be patient if my writing isn't amazing, I'll do my best on continuing this story as soon as possible. I've been wanting to do a story about Fleur dis Lee for awhile but never had the time and well....now I have the time, so I started it. Hope you liked it so far! ^-^

Also I'm calling Fleur dis Lee, Fleur dis Lee, because that's the official name for her on the merchandise. I know Fleur de Lis is a fan favorite name (and honestly mine as well) but Fleur dis Lee is her official name so that's what I'm using.