• Published 9th Apr 2012
  • 956 Views, 9 Comments

DuskShy - DuskShadowhorn



OCxFluttershy fanfiction.

  • ...
2
 9
 956

An Invitation to Ponyville

An Invitation to Ponyville

Dusk, will you get up already?” asked Dusk’s friend as he woke him from his slumber.
“Ugh, do I really have to get up? Just let me sleep,” he said lazily, turning over in his bed while covering his head with a pillow.
“You’re hopeless Dusk, you do know what today is right?”
“Yes, and that is why I want to continue sleeping.”
“Come on already Dusk, it’s almost noon!”
“Okay, okay, give me five minutes Richter.”
“Meet you downstairs!” he said before flying out of the room.
“Whatever will I do with you?” he chuckled to himself before getting out of bed.
“Well, guess I might as well get a move on,” he said while swiftly making his bed with his telekinesis and then started walking out of his room, taking a look back at the room.
It was not a large room, nor was it decorated too much. He and Richter shared to room, one side tidy, one a complete mess.
'Gotta get him to clean his side,' he thought and walked down the stairs.

Dusk’s parents were waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs to wish him a happy birthday just like every year.
“Happy birthday Dusk!” both of his parents said in unison.
‘Yup. Same as always,’ Dusk thought.

The rest of the afternoon went by quickly. They played many games that evening, including pin the tail on the pony, which was quite funny seeing as Dusk accidentally pinned the tail on Richter.
One of the larger surprises was the cake. His parents had pulled out all of the stops. It was a huge cake, far too much than they could eat.
Besides that, it wasn’t a big event, seeing as he really did not really have any friends, besides Richter that is, but by now he had come to be a part of the family. It was a dull birthday like usual, but everypony had fun spending time together.

Then came time to open presents!
“Here you go Dusk,” his parents said. “Open it.” Inside was a book that he had been trying to find for quite some time. Oh the magic he could learn from that book.
“Thanks Mom, thanks Dad!”
“No problem son,” responded his father.
“This one is from me,” said Richter proudly.
“The Adventures of Daring Doo,” Dusk read aloud, “Don’t think I have read this one, thanks bro.”
“Aw, it was nothing,” he replied.

It was then that his eyes fell on a final present. A small envelope sealed with a purple star.
“Is this from,” he paused, “Twilight?”
“It would appear so,” responded Mom with a kind look.
“It’s been so long, I didn’t think that she even remembered me.” It was true, he had not spoken to Twilight for years, ever since the Princess took her in as her protégé. He and Richter used to play together with her all the time back in the day, and then one day, she just left. He haven’t heard from her since. Until now that is.

Dear Dusk,
I hope you are having a very happy birthday, I am sorry I have not talked to you guys in such a long time. You know what they say, time flies. I have been so busy ever since the Princess took me in. I am also sorry that I have not been to any of your birthdays in so many years. I always had so much fun! To make up for it, I have set up a surprise here in Ponyville. You probably already know how I am living In Ponyville, so there is no need to explain. I will wait for you in the library In Ponyville. It won’t be ‘till later today, so I could show you around if you want. See you then!

P.S. You can bring Richter if you want, the more the merrier!

Your cousin,
Twilight Sparkle

He was left speechless. She had not forgotten him after so long, and she had remembered his birthday! Well it did make sense, she was always a very organized pony.

“Well Richter, seems like we are headed to Ponyville, Twi says that she has a surprise for me, and I have been dying to try this teleportation spell I have been perfecting on a long distance. Let’s go to Ponyville!"
“Well, fine. But only because we are going to go see Twilight, otherwise I would stay away from your magic, something always goes wrong with magic,” he answered hesitantly.
“Don’t be such a downer Richter,” he told his friend. “Bye Mom, bye Dad, we’ll try to be back home soon, Twi will probably have us out all night though. Don’t wait up!”
“Have fun!” they called back to him.

And with a burst of magic, they were off.