• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 494 Views, 10 Comments

A Ripe Old Age - HeartTortoisePigeonDog



All Daring Do wants is rest from her exhausting adventures. But even now, her past haunts her.

  • ...
0
 10
 494

Misty Whiskey

Last night as I lay on my pillow
Last night as I lay on my bed
Last night as I lay on my pillow
I dreamed that my Bonnie was dead...

Daring Do continued to hum as she lifted her cool glass up to the light from the chandelier and tilted it back and forth. The cloudy liquid inside swirled pleasantly. An image seemed to manifest in her drink.

"What's that face?" She had mixed her drinks again. "Hello, old friend. Come in. I was just thinking about you." She sat her glass down and began to busy herself with nothing in particular on the desk before her. By a whim or by habit, she picked up a reed pen and started scribbling in a notebook. "No. Well, yes. But only a little!" She swallowed another drought of what was in the glass. "Regard what I have writ here. Another adventure, leaving out the more indecent things again, I am? Maybe not this time. But like faces, the memories seem to fade. When I drink..." The pen cut through the paper. "I can't think about them. I don't want to think about it." She poured herself another glass of whiskey mixed with absinthe. "I would rather not..."