• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 1,001 Views, 13 Comments

My Little Egyptians - Ryan Hambrick



The ponies are about to face their toughest enemy yet, in OUR WORLD

  • ...
 13
 1,001

Introduction

Princess Celestia awoke laying on the ground of her throne room. It felt as if she had been passed out for days, and her head ached with a throbbing pain. She tried to remember what had happened when she was last awake. She looked around, the tattered room, flags and furniture had been singed and burned to ashes, as the stone structures barely hung onto the walls. She tried to move her legs to survey the rest of the area, but the quivered at the weight of her body and gave out before lifting her enough to even get a pegasus feather under her. She laid her head down on the cold stone floor, unsure of what had happened. As soon as she started to think, she remembered the terrible fate that had befallen her kingdom. Queen Chrysalis and her Changling army had broken through the barrier and attacked all of Canterlot. She had fought valiantly, but could not overcome Chrysali's power and was knocked out on the floor. She heard hoofsteps from across the chambers, they were ominous and terrifying as they echoed in the empty throne room. The hoofsteps grew closer and as they did they began to move quicker, longer strides. As Celestia contemplated her life, and all that she had done wrong, a soothing voice that lifted the weight of Equestria off her shoulders rang out.

"Sister!" Luna's voice shot out in the loud tone that she had used ever since arriving back from the moon. "I thought you were dead since the battle! Here, let me help you up." she knelt down to her sisters side, helping support her weight as she stood to her hooves. Luna could see how badly her sister had been wounded and wondered if she would even survive. When they began to walk back to Celestia's chambers, she spoke for the first time.

"Luna, what happened to my subjects? Is anypony hurt?" She asked, her voice wavering with pain. Luna winced at the sad excuse her sister had for a voice, knowing that the pain she felt five days ago must have been much more than anything she had experienced. She gave her sister the good news of what had happened, even if it wasn't as good as they had hoped.

"After Queen Chrysalis defeated you, Shining Armor and Cadence used some strange ability to banish Chrysalis and her army far from Canterlot, but not before they were able to destroy most of Canterlot and Ponyville. It will be a long time before we restore the town to what it once was, but nopony was seriously injured and no fatalities have been reported." Celestia's expression was not quite as serious anymore as she let a slight smile cross her face, knowing that her failure did not cost anypony their life. She tried to stand on her own, wobbled, and then soon found her balance and began to walk slowly with her sister, who was ready to catch her on a moment's notice.

"What exactly happened when they used this mysterious magic, Luna?" Celestia asked her sister after a few paces down the hall. Luna was unsure how to answer her sister, as she herself had no idea what it had done. She explained as best she could.

"Although I was not there to witness it myself, their joining of magic allowed them to send out a giant force field that swept all the Changelings far away."

"Where are they now." Celestia continued her battery of questions on her sister. Luna had become used to this, remembering the time that her sister had banished Discord and how hectic life was in the palace when he ran free.

"As you may expect, they had to be sent somewhere, but we are unsure of where exactly they have gone." Luna said, knowing what her sister would ask next, she continued. "We have Twilight trying to find out exactly where they were sent, and I was just about to go back to her lab to check if she had made any progress." Luna told her. Celestia nodded her head, telling her sister without words that they should head there right away. Luna lead the way to a hidden bunker that the Changelings did not find. They walked down in the darkness following a faint purple light that had been coming from the very bottom of a stairwell. They could hear machinery and the sound of a quill and paper writing.

When they arrived at the chamber, they found Twilight, pacing back and forth from one machine to another, occasionally going back to her desk to write down calculations. She was so engulfed in her work that she hadn't even noticed the Princesses come in from the stairwell. Celestia waited a few moments for Twilight to finish her calculations, and then knew that her student would notice her right away and address her properly. When she finished the calculations, she returned back to the machines, as Celestia became a bit upset at her student.

"Twilight, you know better than anypony that you should address your teacher when she enters a room." When Twilight heard the voice, spun around to make sure her mind wasn't playing any tricks on her. Her surprise turned to joy and excitement as she saw Celestia's face again.

"Princess! I'm so happy you're all right!" She bounced over much like Pinkie did when she walked around Ponyville, and almost tried to jump onto the Princess neck and hug her. Before she could finish jumping, Luna's magic caught her in midair and set her back down on the ground.

"I'm sorry Twilight, but my sister is too hurt for any kind of physical exertion, she's even having trouble standing at this point." Luna told her. Twilight looked at her and then knocked on a door.

"We have someone who can help heal her wounds." Twilight told Luna. Cadence walked out from behind the door, they could see a bed and a few medical machines that had recently been built in Equestria, top secret only for Canterlot at the moment. "Cadence has great healing magic, she'll have the Princess back on her hooves in no time." Twilight told Luna.

"Thank you Twilight, but before I go to get my injuries healed, do you have any idea where those little demons have run off to?" Celestia asked her.

"I just got the data back, I'm not sure how to explain it yet, but I'm sure when I find out how to tell you where they are, it's going to be a long story." Celestia nodded and went back with her niece to heal her wounds. Twilight continued to examine that machines and calculate new findings. Days passed, and finally, they had their answer.