• Published 24th Jun 2014
  • 1,026 Views, 12 Comments

Lessons Are Boring... - Derpyx0



.....unless there's a violet princess involved... Rainbow has to listen to Twilight give a lecture about Ponyville's history, and all she can pay attention too is Twilight's soft, soft flank.

  • ...
7
 12
 1,026

Stalking That Violet Princess I Was Talking About

Rainbow yawned as the light of the sun hit her face. Outside, she could hear the birds chirping and the sing-song sound of the wind blowing. Rainbow yawned again and opened her eyes. She immediately closed them. "Who the hay left the blinds open?" Rainbow yelled to nopony in particular. Rainbow grumbled as she made herself get out of bed. Waking up was never, ever her strong point. Then, Rainbow remembered everything from last night. "Twilight!" she yelled. "Where's Twilight? I need to know! Is Edward a vampire or not?" Rainbow remembered the other half of that night, as well. "Oh, and I need to sta- follow and copy Twilight's every move. Now, seriously, where did I put that book?"

~~~~~~

Rainbow flew to Twilight's treehouse/tree library. Looking inside Twilight's bedroom window, she saw a clean room and a made bed.

Step One: Be Clean

Rainbow had brought a notebook so she could keep track of everything she needed to learn. But who was she kidding?

Step One: Be Clean
Step One: Be Not As Messy
Step Two: Get Up Before 10 o'clock

Reviewing her work, Rainbow gave a curt nod. That was more like it! Just as she was about to lift up her head to survey Twilight's room once more, she felt a sharp pain shoot through her muzzle as she was knocked backwards. "Woah! Hey? Who did that? What's your problem bu-" Rainbow was interrupted by another shot of pain.

"Rainbow? What are you doing outside Twilight's room? Oh, did I hurt you? I'm so sorry! Here, let me get you an ice pack," the voice said.

"S- Spike? Is that you? Oh, Spike! I'm so glad to see you! Do you know where Twilight is?"

"Where Twilight is? Rainbow, you need to get something on that muzzle!" Spike ordered.

"No, I don't, I'm fine. Now, where's Twilight?" Rainbow was lying. Her muzzle hurt like hell, but she needed to find Twilight!

"She's at Sugarcube Corner? Why?"

"No time to explain. Gotta go, bye!" With that, Rainbow shot off.

"Wierd," Spike said, "but whatever. Owlicious! Who wants to bake a caaaaake?" Spike asked in a sing song voice. Owlicious hooted. "Who? You, of course." Owlicious hooted once more and flew away. "I guess we're not doing this again. And jeez! You could have just said no."

~~~~~~

Rainbow finally found Twilight near Sugarcube Corner. So the unicorn wouldn't see her, she dived into a bush. Twilight turned at the sudden noise, but Rainbow was 110 percent sure that Twilight didn't see her. Rainbow got out her notebook and watched. Twenty minutes later, Twilight trotted out of Sugarcube Corner with a donut in hoof

Step Three: Eat Sweets
Step Four: Read Books
Step Five: Read Big Books

Rainbow nodded to herself. A couple more notes, and she would be ready for Twilight! She then realized that Twilight was on the go once more, so she flew off, notebook in hoof.

~~~~~~

Four hours later, Rainbow had a long list of "Egghead Stuff", which was basically just Twilight's day. Rainbow whipped out her notebook, ready to look over her notes.

Step One: Be Clean
Step One: Be Not As Messy
Step Two: Get Up Before 10 o'clock
Step Three: Eat Sweets
Step Four: Read Books
Step Five: Read Big Books
Step Six: Send Letters
Step Seven: Read More Books
Step Eight: Talk to Your Friends
Step Nine: Ignore The Cutie Mark Crusaders
Step Ten: Eat Some Apples
Step Eleven: Warily Glance Back Every Few Minutes

"Wow! That's a lot!" Rainbow exclaimed (after warily glancing behind herself, of course). In her saddlebag, Rainbow had stuffed some parchment (for sending letters), a big book, some apples, some sweets, and some roses. Taking deep breaths, Rainbow Dash approached Twilight. "Hey there, Twilight! Fancy seeing you here! I didn't know that you were going to be here! At all!" Talk to friends, check. "Hey, Twi, want an apple? Oh, and here's a donut!" Eat sweets and apples, check.

"Rainbow? What's this all abou-"

"And don't forget to read the fourth Harry Potter book! Oh, look, some dirt!" Rainbow flicked away the dirt. She then grinned up at Twilight. "I know I missed a few things, but-"

"RAINBOW DASH! What in the name of Celestia is going on here?! You have been following me around all day, and I have no idea why! And what is this all about? What is this stuff?"

"I... I... Um... Wait... You knew I was following you around this entire time?! Why didn't you talk to me?"

"I was curious. But this," Twilight gestured to all of Rainbow's research, "was not what I expected! What is all this stuff?"

"Your day," Rainbow mumbled.

"My what?"

"Your egghead stuff!" And like a broken dam, all of Rainbow's day came spilling out. "And then I thought that if I showed you all this stuff, you would like me and think I'm an egghead! But I guess I was wrong." Twilight blinked in astonishment. At a loss for words, Twilight just stared at Rainbow Dash. Her gaze then shifted to all of Rainbow's... things.

"You... you did all that... for me? But... but Rainbow... I like you just the way you are! Even if this is really sweet. I just... is there anything you brought that you didn't see me do... or eat today?" Dash's mouth hung open. All her work. Wasted. Thrown away. All because of this stupid violet princess. Now, Rainbow could have given Twilight the flowers, but her trance was gone. It was replaced by confusion and anger.

"Nope! 'Nothin! Bye, Twilight! I'm not into that mushy stuff, anyway. There is a new Daring Do comic out, however! And I'm into those! Enjoy your apples, Twilight!" With the final word, Rainbow Dash flew off, in search of a certain comic. Twilight was in shock. What had just happened? First, Dash loved her so much she had stalked her, then she turned right around into loving comics more than her! As not to let herself dwell upon confusing matters like love, Twilight Sparkle turned to Rainbow's stockpile. And then she saw the donut. Twilight picked it up and dusted it off.

And then she ate it.

Author's Note:

The End! I hope you liked it!