• Published 13th Jun 2014
  • 253 Views, 0 Comments

Stories Just Because - Heart Felt



A collection of short stories written just to pass the time.

  • ...
 0
 253

You'd Better Run

Author's Note:

Prompt: Run, you clever girl.

Twilight Sparkle sprinted between trees and through bushes. Her sides brushed against large leaves and fungi as she twisted her body to move between two trees. Breathing quickly and harshly, she knew that she had to keep going. Her life was on the line.

She wasn’t sure where her friends were now. But her mind hadn’t a fleeting moment to think about what may have happened to them as she ducked underneath a low branch. Flying here would be too dangerous for the alicorn, since she wasn’t nearly as agile as the average pegasus.

Her ears turned behind her. They were still in hot pursuit, presumably catching up. She had somehow gotten a head start. The three of them had been too surprised at the sight of her to begin chase immediately, plus she used a blinding spell to daze them for a few seconds. But she could hear them now. Noisy runners they were.

Twilight came to a grinding halt when sunlight hit her eyes. A clearing! Grass covered the spot where the jungle canopy broke. She galloped to the opposite side of the clearing and stopped again. Catching her breath, her ears perked up at a rustling sound where she had entered the clearing. The foliage rustled as one of the creatures walked boldly out of the rainforest.

It was a raptor. The dinosaur stood where it had a complete few of Twilight, a few meters away. It blinked and looked down at her, in a seemingly pretentious manner.

The alicorn began charging her horn. She knew it would come any moment now.

A barking noise filled the air around the two. The raptor reared its scaly head and barked in a similar fashion. Then, they strook.

Out of the jungle on either side of Twilight charged two other raptors towards her. The one on the left was faster, running with its sharp claws bent back and mouth wide open. Twilight turned towards it right as it was about to jump, and blasted the dinosaur back into the rainforest and against the trunk of a large tree.

On the right, the raptor made its way more cautiously towards the unfamiliar purple pony. Twilight began charging her horn again, but before she had a chance to discharge a spell the dinosaur was already upon her. It sniffed her. It roared, sending its rank breath and spittle all over the alicorn’s face and mane.

“That’s it!”

Twilight finished readying her spell and cast it, sending the raptor flying back against a tree. It got up weakly, glanced at the last dinosaur, then limped back into the jungle.

The only one left was standing opposite of Twilight, still staring. Though it’s reptilian face was difficult to read, Twilight could tell it was worried. She began charging her horn one last time while the dinosaur hissed at her. It took a few steps back as the alicorn took aim.

“You’d better run, you clever girl.”