• Published 15th Jun 2014
  • 875 Views, 2 Comments

An alien's journey (Formerly "The hunt") Part 1, New beginning - Chernoboy



Serafim, a being from another world who is hunting for a creature of mass destruction, found Equestria by tracking the said creature's energy trail, he finds himself fitting in and helping the new world (more will be explained in the long desc)

  • ...
14
 2
 875

Chapter 2. A not so new start

He starts to lift up the wooden beams and all that and put them back together the way he remembered them. After the beams were together he glued it together with his magic. He did the same to the others and tried to look back into his memory to remember how the whole building looked like.

Looks like having atom creating, controlling and manipulation powers' really worth it, He thought to himself and smiled.

After that, he started to recreate the buildings' walls, roofs and windows. He thought about how the insides should have looked like
for a while before shrugging and continuing his work. He then thought about how the pipelines are suppose to be like and creates those.

He lands near one of the houses and checked it to see if it was strong enough to handle normal punches. He decreased his power levels and punched the wall, he was glad to see that it was not cracked. He returned his power levels to their normal state and removes the punch damage that the wall received from him.

After finishing his job on the big city, he turned his gaze upon a larger work, the destroyed castle. He sighed and walked towards it calmly. He knew that this would be tougher than the city, but at least it wasn't the whole castle. He was about to fly up there with his still stuck out wings until Strike interrupted him from doing so.

"I'm sorry but, could you at least transfer some of those magic into our princess? She needs it to raise the sun and lower the moon."
Serafim hesitated-"Did you say, raise the sun and lower the moon?"- He looked at Celestia and went uncomfortable but gave it to her anyway.
"Thank you," Strike then leaves him to join Celestia, who was now lowering the moon. Soon, she was raising the sun. It rose beautifully and slowly as it was still dawn and onto the sky.

Serafim smiled at the view but could not shake off the feeling of dread inside of him. He shrugged and went back to work.


"That thing is really a helpful one isn't he?" Celestia said, referring to Serafim.
"That, it is princess," Command Strike, her captain, replied, ""What's next after he is done princess?"
"I don't know, maybe give him a proper welcoming into our world?"
"I think it's for the best princess."

They looked as Serafim flew here and there, looking for damages to repair, the ones he saw were fixed almost instantly. Some of the big ones did took some time to rebuild though. The fascintaion then turned into fear when they all saw Serafim bursting out his energy.

"What the hay were you doing?!" One of the Unicorn snobs shouted.

Serafim took a quick glance and replied the Unicorn, "Oh, I was exerting my powers, it helps me reduce my exhaustion."

Celestia, Command Strike and most of the other ponies nodded in understanding. Their look of fears disappeared and their fascinated looks returned to them. They were all surprised by his surprisingly fast speed and the amount of parts that were repaired, most of them. They were surprised about the amount of repaired parts because they weren't fixed yet.

Serafim flew back towards the fray and retracted his wings. He glanced towards the castle and looked back at the group of ponies.

"About those parts....I'll have to continue them tomorrow."
"What?" Celestia asked.
"Sorry but I've drained too much to repair things, i can only summon basic things by now probably," he looked at his sweaty hands.
"Oh but," Celestia started again.
"Don't worry I'll put up a shield on the holes to prevent natural things but open up the parts where the windows were supposed to be, I think."
"Okay then," Celestia hung her head but then her eyes lit up and she looked back at Serafim, "Oh yeah, since you were treated badly last night and was fighting for our safety, why don't you let us give you a proper welcome?"
"Oh?" Serafim raised his brows, "I think that would be lovely but," He looked at the unicorns who had shouted at him.
"No!"
"Why would you let this beast enter our city?!"
"He would probably cause the same kind of damage that the other thing did!"
"Well?" Serafim looked back at Celestia.
"Oh umm...We'll have it done by the end of the day," With that, Celestia gave him a fake smile, a smile that Serafim knew all too well, a smile that covers a rage.
"Okay then," Serafim reached out his hand, knowing what to do, Celestia reached out her hoof and they began to shake their hand/hoof.


A day after he was accepted by ponykind. Well, most of them. Some of the other rich snobs still hated him. The parents whose filly was saved by Serafim was now getting friendlier with him, but the one who was the most tolerable, was their filly. Especially after saving her along with Celestia from her parents' house. The castle was still unfinished but Serafim managed to fix most of the interiors. Whenever he is resting, the filly would invite him to play with her friends. They were afraid of him but then grew quite fond of him. Serafim always suggested that they play something safe like tag and hide-n'-seek. Yes, tag isn't really that safe but then again, it's better than playing something like magic. Serafim was called pansy or girly by one of those rich snobs whenever he played hopscotch with the fillies.

Serafim usually rest during mid-day and about 45 minutes every time he rests. Not much goes on whenever he rests. But on his first day as a 'citizen' of Canterlot, something interesting did happen. A bunch of hooligans of other species known as Griffons were causing trouble.

Hearing the news, Serafim jumped up from the tree he was resting on and rushed to the scene. He arrived and expected soemthing very Cliche, a bunch of griffons messing around with the residence. The last one who had just kicked a colt laughed seeing the young colt struggling to get up. His laughter died down when he saw Serafim.

"Very...Cliche bird brain," He scowled.
"Wow, at least I'm not a weirdo like you, whatever you are," He pointed at Serafim with his talon.
"Says the one who looks like a walking freak show, I'm talking to all of you bird brains."

The griffons all growled before shooting off towards Serafim. Serafim dodged just in time to avoid collision with the Griffons. He grabbed one's tail and swing him around before hitting his friend with his own colleague. He swung the Griffin whom he was holding towards another but he failed to release him which caused his tail to be pulled away from the body. The accidental move shocked everypony including Serafim.

"My god," He said.

The griffon whose tail was removed from his body cried out in pain. Knowing what Serafim could do, the griffons left, leaving Serafim standing there holding the removed tail, shocked.

He went back towards the castle after throwing away the tail away and went back to work. A unicorn went up to him and opened his mouth to say something but was silenced by Serafim, who held his finger up. He extends his wings and took off into the sky and inspects the remaining damages.

The day ended and Serafim stopped watches as the moon rose. He sighed and frontflips off the castle's roof, he landed clean on the ground. He went up to Celestia.

"Celly, why do you raise and lower the moon?" He asked.
"Oh, it's because that's how it works here. I raise and lower both because after I banished my sister into the moon I-" She stopped.
"Banish? Sister? How it works here?" He started.
"Yeah. Why?"
"Because we don't interfere with the movements of time. I did not know you had a sister and why'd you banish her?" He asked her again.

"Oh, we don't interfere with time, time moves normally here and I only raise and lower both becasue it's been like that since Equestria was ruled by both my mother and father. As for my sister, I banished her becasue she turned into something horrible. She gave me no choice so I banished her into the moon. An action I could never forget and forgive myself for doing so," She started to tear up and cry.

Serafim comforted her and she looked up to a pair of heterochromiac cyan-white eyes. She started to calm down a bit and smiled.

"You did what was best for your country, and how long has it been?"
"About...three hundred and forty-four years ago I think," She spoke slowly.

Serafim nodded his head but then stopped dead.

"Wait, how old are you?!" He shouted.
"Don't tell anyone this but, I'm 1,344 years old."
"WHAT?! Well, at least you're younger than me."
"How old are you?" Celestia asked.
"uhm...1,450 years old." He smiled after saying the numbers.
"What? I thought I was old," She laughed heartily.
"I know, but the one that I fought is way older, according to our planet's legend, he was said to be over a million years old," Serafim put his index finger and thumb to his chin as if he was thinking.
"What?! How's that even possible?! Dragons here live only up to several thousands like me."

As Celestia finished her question he shrugged. He noticed Celestia getting drowsy and fell down, he managed to catch her before she hits the ground and lift her up. He carefully walked into the castle not to make bumps while moving, he didn't float into her room because he was already low on energy.

He carefully walked up the spiral staircase and safely got up to the floor where Celestia's bedroom was located. He opened her bedroom's door with his head and walked in, he placed her gently on her bed. As he was about to walk out he noticed a mirror.
Curious about his face, he decides to look into the mirror.

He walked towards the mirror slowly and looked at his reflection. What he saw was, his face, obviously, with his spiky hair and a ne wfacial feature, a sideburn. He touched his sideburn and slid his fingers along it. He shrugged and looked at his body, Over the years, his training gave him a perfectly toned body muscles. When he first started his journey, he was close to being skinny.

After that, he walks out of the room and faced two guards that were assigned to guard the princess during the night.

"What were you doing in there?" The unicorn guard asked.
"Oh, I just sent your princess to her bed, why'd you ask?"
"Nothing, it's just that you might have uh, done something to her," The Unicorn's eyes kept changing its' view.
"Oh, well then, goodnight and have a happy guarding," he walked past the two awkward guards and waved without looking back.

He got out of the castle and looked at the parts of the unfinished castle. "This could be a good time to fix this," He thought and goes ahead to fix it. He slowly climbs up the wall and stopped at the nearest destroyed parts, he proceeds to fix it while whistling a tune to help him stay calm. He looks back and noticed a very unique pattern on the rising moon. A pattern of craters that seem to form a pony's, an Alicorn possibly. The patterns forms only the head and the neck, with a long horn portruding on it's forehead.

"Man, too bad her sister is not here to see her older sister's accomplishment," He thought to himself, "But, what can I say? Envy destroys many things including, sisterhood."

After his thoughts, he continued to work on the repairing. He rubbed his eyes because he was getting tired. He almost fell down because of his lost of concentration, but thankfully to his quick reflexes, he managed to stick himself back to wall in time. He decides to take a short break and jumps off the wall.

It was then when he saw a figure in the dark. It stood there, staring him down, the sudden fear was keeping Serafim from moving. The figure was tall, he had a hint of muscle to its' body. It also had a tail and two long ears that portrudes behind him. Serafim managed to move and rubbed his eyes. When he stopped, the figure was gone, leaving him confused.

"Now that's something an Arcane don't see everyday," He shrugged and walked around the town to patrol it. He then jumps on a house and took time to admire the beauty of the world. He walked on top for a while before jumping off to look at other houses. He then walks back to the castle and all of a sudden, he burped, "Well, that never happened before."

He then decides that break time's over and it's time to return to work. He looked up and saw that the moon was 4/5 from it's rise point, indicating that the night's almost over. "Wow, I took a lot of time to rest today, probably because of my exhaustion. He continued to climb up the repair point and started working again.

By the time it was morning, Serafim found himself sleeping and drooling while still stuck on the wall. He felt something shook him but ignores it. He was then awaken by a shout to his ear, which made him fall onto the stone pavement, face first. He got up and heard a familiar laugh, Princess Celestia's. He looked up in a very unusual manner. His head was looking up while his body was facing the opposite.

Celestia saw him and stopped laughing and got a little uncomfortable by the view. "Uh, you can stop now," her voice's tone was a scared and worried tone. When he did not stop she got onto the ground and walks up to him. "Alright, I'm sorry for that," she was clearly getting worried about him. "Please, stop! I'm sorry!" She shouted and was frightened by him, she held his head. She heard a laugh after that, when she looked back up, his body was now facing the same way as his head. She then scowled at him.

"How dare you frighten me like that!" She shouted.
"Oh, sorry, your 'majesty', I did not know how that was painful."

She growled and looked back, she then looked back at Serafim when she heard a loud thud on the ground. "Oh my," she said, Celestia then ordered her guards to carry her to the remaining bed room that was left in the castle.

Serafim felt himself very comfortable by now and wakes up to see where he was, he found himself on a bed which surprised him. He just shrugged and fell back into a deep slumber.


Serafim was awoken by a scream. He jumped off the roof of the castle and flew inside. He found that the ponies in the castle were, gone. The guards, maids, cook even the princess. He was getting concerned about it and ran back outside and walked up to a pony.

"Hey!" Serafim shouted at the pony.
"Yes?"
"Have you seen the princess or anypony in the castle?" He asked the pony.
"Princess? What are you talking about? There're no princesses here. They were all gone long ago," He looked away, "And where are you from? The medieval?" The pony walked away.

Serafim swore he heard a snicker from the pony but shrugged and went back inside. When he entered, the doors behind him were shut close by some kind of magic. He knew this because he had mastered almost every subjects, especially science, when he was in school. Then all of a sudden, his surroundings went dark.

"Gah! What the?!" He shouted, "Let me just."

Before he could activate his light emitting magic, his surroundings were back into their lightly form. When it did, all of the citizens and the castle staffs, including Princess Celestia gave a shout that shocked Serafim and made him fell on his back. He rubbed his head in confusion and his 'bottom' in pain. When he realized what was happening, he floats into an upright position and stopped floating.

"What the actual WHAT?!" He shouted.
"You should really see the look on your face!" Celestia said to him as she laughed.
Serafim's eyes twitched for a moment, "Alright, it was pretty funny. But, could you at least wait till' the first week? It's only been three days since I'm here and two and a half days since I've repaired this castle," He raised his arms and pointed it towards the ceiling.
"Alright," Celestia stopped laughing.
"Good," Serafim walked out of the castle.

As he exited the castle, he felt a sharp pain in his stomach. He knelt in pain and growled about it for a moment. Inside, Celestia was holding back a laugh before she noticed Serafim in his weird position. She ran up to him and asked if he was okay but received a very obvious answer to it, he puked and pass out, his face planted into his own bile. Celestia was grossed out by it but her expression shows an amused and a guilty look.

Serafim wakes up to see himself in a white room. "An infirmary?" He said. He sits up and heard hoofsteps coming towards him. He then remembered what happened, "Oh yeah.". He stood up as Celestia walked in.

"Are you feeling okay?" She asked.
"I think so, but my powers are still recharging," He replies while looking at his hand.
"Well, that's good to know. How did you know that you've slept for two and a half days anyway?"
"It's one of my species' special abilities."
"Oh, do you feel strong enough to walk around?"
"Yeah, I feel good."

With that, they walked out of the room and left behind a surprised nurse. They reached the throne room and Celestia walks up to her throne.

"Hey, what do you do everyday anyway?" Serafim asked.
"Oh, day courts, where I have to listen to complains and such," She said while looking away.
"That sucks huh?" He smiled.
"You have no idea. I also have to do some paperworks, also boring. I mean, I can't complain can I? I took the responsibilities as a princess and held a swear. I never get to do anything fun," She said her last words with her head hung low.
"Hmm, maybe we could do something fun after your duty's done, just you and me."
"I think it could do to relieve me from the stress of works," She smiled afterwards.
"I need to go, good luck surviving another day court," He, Celestia and a nearby guard shared a laugh and Serafim left after.

He went to the nearest place, the dining hall. Upon entering the hall, he went on to the kitchen, where several cooks and servants were in. When he entered, all the staffs stopped and looked at him, some reaching for a metal tray in defense. He lifted his hand to wave but caught a metal tray that almost hit his face instead. All th eponie sin there stopped and looked away trying to ignore it. He shook his head and walked out of it and into Celestia's room.

When he entered there, he went to the balcony and looked at the surroundings.

"Well, this is gonna be bad, especially when I'm on a hunt," He said as he leaned against the balcony.

Author's Note:

Bad way to end eh? And bad grammars were probably in there too. But that's gon' be my business. So, tell me only what's wrong and I'll have it fixed. And, still have a quick pacing and bad story structure as well as quick convo?