• Published 20th Jun 2014
  • 1,024 Views, 9 Comments

Mixup in Ponyville - NyxIsBestPony



Firework ran into the Everfree forest alone. She finds somepony alone and scared. Who is this mysterious character, and WHAT is she?

  • ...
4
 9
 1,024

PROLOGUE

Author's Note:

Nyx belongs to Pen Stroke
Flitter, Willow, and Ziggy belong to RealityCheck
If I am forgetting to mention any of them, please let me know.

The sun was just peeking over the horizon in Ponyville, but the Weather Team was already hard at work.

“Come on! Come on! Keep those clouds moving!” a blue Pegasus mare hollered.

“We get it, Rainbow Dash!” a lavender mare with an ice-blue mane shot back.

“I am just making sure we get the storm ready on time, it’s not like you have to be here earlier then everypony else, Cloudchaser!”

Cloudchaser rolled her eyes. “We all know you do,” she muttered. “Ok, I’ll move a little faster,” she said.

“That’s the spirit!” Rainbow Dash grinned. Cloudchaser rolled her eyes again and sighed. I can’t wait for today’s storm to be finished…

※ ※ ※

A pale yellow Pegasus mare was trying to sneak away from the activity.

“Hey, Fluttershy!” The yellow mare froze. “Where are you off to?” Rainbow Dash asked as she flew over.

“Um…Well, I…um….” Fluttershy seemed flustered.

“Aw…it’s ok, Fluttershy, if you wanna leave, it’s fine, after all, you aren’t part of the Weather Team,” Rainbow Dash told her.

“Oh, thank you Rainbow!” Fluttershy hugged Rainbow Dash before flying off in the other direction once more.

A grey mare with a yellow mane was attempting to push a cloud in the direction of the others, but the only thing she succeeded in doing, was turning the cloud into little puffs.

“Ditzi!” Rainbow Dash groaned. “Can’t you even do a simple task without making a mistake?!” Ditzi frowned. “Aww… Ya know I didn’t mean it…” Rainbow Dash went over. Ditzi smiled and went to collect all of the cloud puffs. Rainbow Dash followed and soon they had the cloud put back together and pushed it toward the others.

A pink mare with a blue-lavender mane was finishing up the last touches on the storm clouds.

“That should do it, Candy,” Rainbow Dash called.

“Ok, Rainbow, but we just gotta make sure the clouds have enough rain for the morning, otherwise the storm wouldn’t last as long as we want,” Candy said.

“Oh…right,” Rainbow Dash face-hoofed, “I totally forgot about that,” she muttered.

A lavender mare with a golden and yellow mane flew over, “It’s okay, Rainbow, everypony makes mistakes,” she smiled as she said that.

“Yeah, I know Cloud Kicker, it’s just that, well, I’m s’posed to be the one everypony looks up to, and I don’t know how they can do that when I am making mistakes all the time,” Rainbow Dash sighed.

“You don’t make mistakes all the time,” Cloud Kicker giggled, “It’s ‘Derpy’ who does that!”

As if on cue, they heard somepony say, “Oops…” Rainbow Dash and Cloud Kicker looked over and saw that Ditzi had accidentally made a cloud let the rain out onto a pair of unsuspecting earth-pony fillies below. Rainbow Dash started cracking up at the two fillies looking around; they seemed to think somepony had sprayed them with a hose or something.

Rainbow Dash looked over at her friend, Lightning Dust, and saw that she was nearly falling out of the sky, because she was laughing so hard. Rainbow Dash flew over.

“Hey, Dash! Did you see what Derpy did to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon?” Lightning Dust asked Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash grinned and said “I sure did!” then she frowned. “But don’t you think calling Ditzi ‘Derpy’ is a bit mean?” Rainbow Dash asked her.

“Wait,” Lightning Dust seemed confused, “Her name isn’t Derpy? It’s Ditzi?”

“Yeah, Derpy is just a dumb nickname somepony thought of for her, and it has really spread,” Rainbow Dash explained.

“Ooohh....” Lightning Dust face-hoofed, “I really need to know these things, I’m sorry ‘bout calling her Derpy.”

“It’s fine,” Rainbow Dash told her, “As Cloud Kicker says, ‘Everypony makes mistakes,’ and it’s as true as the words that come out of AJ’s mouth.”

Lightning Dust opened her mouth to say something, but a voice called, “Are you two gonna hover there all day gossiping, or are ya gonna get back to work?!” Rainbow Dash looked at who was talking and saw that it was only Thunderlane.

“Okay, Thunderlane, we will,” Rainbow Dash flew back over and helped with the last few touches on the storm.

※ ※ ※

“Okay,” Rainbow Dash shouted, “Ready?!”

READY!” the Weather Team shouted back.

“Okay, then let’s get this storm started!” Rainbow Dash grinned as she kicked her cloud. The rest of the Weather Team also kicked, and rain poured out. The storm had begun.