• Published 11th Jun 2014
  • 1,280 Views, 6 Comments

MegaMan Starforce: Adventures in Equestria: Legacy of Mu - The Gamer Master Archive



Taking place directly after AiE, the sword of zerker causes the return of an old friend or old foe?

  • ...
12
 6
 1,280

The Deceptive Cadence


Geo's POV

The girls, Serena, Sonia and I were having a picnic when Spike runs over and hands Twilight a scroll.

She began reading with, " Dear Twilight, I am sure you are as excited as I am about the upcoming wedding in Canterlot. I will be presiding over the ceremony, but would very much like you and your friends to help with the preparations for this wonderful occasion. Fluttershy and Sonia, I would like you and your songbird choir to provide the music."

Fluttershy and Sonia said at the same time. "Oh my goodness! What an honor!"

Twilight began again, "Pinkie Pie and Princess Serenity, I can think of no others more qualified than you both to host the reception."

Serena giggled with excitement while Pinkie Pie did a cartwheel and shouted, "Hip, Hip Hooray!"

Twilight began again, "Applejack, you will be in charge of the catering for the reception."

Applejack sparked, "Well, color me pleased as punch!"

"Rainbow Dash-" she said as Rainbow yawned. " ...I would very much appreciate it if you could perform a sonic rainboom as the bride and groom complete their "I do"'s."

"Yes!" Rainbow Dash said with joy.

"Rarity, you will be responsible for designing the dresses for the bride and her bridesmaids."

Rarity began trying to comprehend what she just heard and fainted.

"And as for you, Twilight and Geo, you will be playing the most important role of all: Making sure that everything goes as planned. See you all very soon. Yours, Princess Celestia. But... I don't understand. Who's getting married?" Twilight finished.

"Oh I probably should've given you this one first." Spike said.

"Princess Celestia cordially invites you to the wedding of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and..." She gasps "My brother?!"


Everybody was congratulating Twilight because her brother was getting married. Twilight was told through a wedding invitation.

" Um, Twilight? Are you okay?"

"To be fair it makes sense why you're upset." I said.

"Yeah, it's incredibly understandable." Serena continued.

"What do ya mean?" Applejack asked us.

"How would you feel if Big Macintosh was getting married, didn't tell you he was getting married until the invitation actually gets to you?" Sonia finished.

"Okay now I'm starting to see yer point."

"it's just that Shining and I have always been so close. He's my BBBFF."

Everybody was confused.

"Big Brother Best Friend Forever."

"oh."

She then began singing on how close the two of them were. Afterwards she just walked away.


A couple days later, the 10 of us are on our way to Canterlot.

"So while you guys get to work on the reception, I'm gonna host the bachlor party! Just one question, what's a bachelor party?" Everybody laughs at that.

"I then go to Rarity and ask, "Should I tell him? He's going to find out sooner or later."

"No I don't think that would go well when he finds out what a bachelor party is. Plus they're usually before the wedding." Rarity replied and I nodded.

When we got there, the girls and I got ready when Twilight began pulling me Sonia, and Serena with her.

"I've got something to say to you mister!" And then Twilight's brother appeared.

"Twily! Ah I've missed you! How was the train ride I-. Who are the guys you're carrying with your magic?"

We were still in her grasp.

"I'm Geo, or MegaMan Starforce." I said.

"I'm Sonia, or Harp Note."

"I'm Serena or Sailor Moon."

"Together we are Tokumei Sentai, Wave Buster-" And that's when Twilight loosened her magic.

The two of them begin talking about a threat made against the city so Shining Armor couldn't do anything about that whole wedding bit. So he's making a shield around the entire city that I guess only he can make.
It turns out Mi Amore Cadenza is Cadence, Twilight's old foal sitter. And when she came, Twilight did this dance they did when they were younger but she didn't recognize it. And when she and Shining Armor walked away, I could've sworn I knew that wave signature.

"Mega, does this wave signal on Cadence seem familiar to you?"

"Yeah it does, it's a lot like those fake Rouges we fought."

We then continued working through the day, along with Cadence acting like a complete 'bridezilla' if I will but Twilight is starting to the she isn't worthy of Shining's love.

So that night were at a cafe where Twilight was telling us all this.

"I remember Shining Armor telling us she's the Princess of Love, what I saw was the exact opposite." I said.

"It was out of character." Sonia said.

"Come on you two, don't you think Twi's being a bit over protective?" Rainbow asked us.

"It's not really our place to say. Out of all of us, Twilight's known her the longest." Serena said.

"I should probably ask her about it. She wanted to see me in the castle for some reason." I said.

"I'll come with you." Twilight said.

"It's fine Twi, I think I can handle this. Bye guys." and I was off.

When I got to where she was, there was no pony there, you'd think the guards would at least try to protect harder.

"You wanted to see me Princess Mi Amore Cadenza?" I said.

"Yes yes I did. I know you have wave abilities. I know you're able to tell the difference between a pair."

"I do have those abilities Cadence, or should I say, a faker?"

"You should, that's what I'm doing. You and your wave partner are the only ones who know. So I need to get you out of here." She then fire a green flame at me and I began to sink to the floor.

??? Area Unknown.

I have no idea where we are. "Where are we?!" I shouted.

"The caves beneath Canterlot, once home to greedy unicorns who wanted to claim the gems that could be found inside. And now, your prison." I began trying to call for help. "It's no use. No one can hear you. And no one will ever think to look for you, either. Most ponies have forgotten that these caves even exist, which is why they are the ideal place to keep the ones who try to interfere with my plans."

"Oh really? And just what kind of plans do you have?" I said ready to delete a faker.

"The plans I have for your friend's brother of course." She then began to laugh and started appearing all over the place.

"That is it!" I said tapping my star pendant.

IT'S TIME FOR MOON BUSTER! I then began boosting all over the place until a brittle wall let me through and I found the real Cadence.

"Please don't hurt me!" She said in a desperate tone. She then got a good look at me. "You're Prince Constellation aren't you? You have to believe me. The other Cadence is a fake."

"I know she's a fake. But anyways while we're here for the time being, you can just call me Geo, and it's nice to meet the real you Cadence."

"Feelings mutual, Geo. How are we gonna get out of here?"

"Mega and I just need to find a wall brittle enough to make a pathway to find something."

On top of the Castle Solo and Laplace.

"Laplace it looks like we found the faker. We are getting in on this. She was attempting to steal the OOPArts as well. We don't need two thie-"


"I will be her opponent!"

"Dang it Laplace I was talking!"

Author's Note:

This first part is mainly cementing what's going to come out of this. There's many reasons I pick Secret of My Excess and A Canterlot Wedding for these chapters.