• Published 27th Oct 2011
  • 1,551 Views, 9 Comments

Fallout Equestria: To be an Immortal - Lunafan1k

  • ...
 9
 1,551

Prolouge

Prologue


Anger...

Hatred...

Pure unadulterated indignation radiated from the ancient God king, Ethstar, like that of a supernova at his new discovery. From his throne in the Realm of the Gods he glared through the hole in time and space, acting as a window, to what remained of a once peaceful and prosperous world: the Equestrian Wastelands.

‘Has it really been too long? how has so much changed since that time?’ The old God thought, his massive chin resting in his hand. He usually made it his duty to check in on the other Gods and ensure all was well between his subordinates. Something terrible has obviously happened since his last visit to Equestria about 250 years ago, just after Princess Luna was freed from her 1000 year banishment. He had personally come to congratulate the reunion of the two young Goddesses, and to learn of their bodies being melted into the marble of their magnificent castle in Canterlot was most upsetting.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were to be among the newest addition to the realm of Gods, having proved to be responsible and sincere with their great power and knowledge, to both themselves and the beings they oversaw. Indeed, they were immortal Goddesses, but to be a true God one had to be accepted into the Realm of Gods, granting true immortality, the ability to transverse across the realms, and the power to re-shape ones from at will.

Ethstar had been the one to choose Celestia and Luna for the Goddesses of the realm they resided because of their immense magics and pure hearts, opting to raise them himself. They were almost ready to undergo the indoctrination to the Realm of Gods when Ethstar discovered the deaths of the Goddesses.

“Now, that’s hardly the way for the King of all Gods to act, throwing a tantrum at the first sign of trouble.” Startled from his seething thoughts, Ethstar directed his attention to Aliana, his beautifully divine wife. “As the queen enchantress I urge immediate action to rectify this situation, and as your wife I implore you to sooth your anger, before you inadvertently destroy our home.”

Taking a deep, calming breath, Ethstar began to analyze the situation, a plan beginning to form. “Yes my beloved, preparations are about to go underway. The bodies of the Goddesses, although horribly disfigured, still exist. Trapping their souls in the place they fell.” Aliana nodded, motioning for him to continue, “Because of their lesser immortality, if the body manages to die or deteriorate past the ability to sustain life the soul is still attached, unable to cross into the next life, unable to repair their bodies. The flesh becomes a prison for the rest of time or until the bodies are repaired or their souls are collected and moved into the next realm.”

“So what do you plan to do? Send an envoy to bring them to life? I hardly think anyone would willingly leave their own realm to assist another.” Aliana said.

“That is not a problem. They are my students, my responsibility. I will not simply standby and watch as I send a lesser being to revive them. Which is why I will be going personally.”

“Well in that case, perhaps you can cleanse the world while your there as well. Just a snap of your fingers and all is sunshine and rainbows again.” Aliana jeered.

“Don’t make me laugh, I would never interfere on such a massive scale, especially in the realm of my own hand picked protégé. For them to fail to resolve the situation themselves would surely disqualify them from joining our ranks, not to mention I would be a laughing stock of the Gods for choosing to raise two failures for God Head, forcing me to step down into an early retirement!” Ethstar said with a bark of laughter, dispelling the viewing portal and getting up to make preparations to depart.

“You still never told me your plan.” Prodded Aliana, circling around the throne to walk with Ethstar down the grand hall, guards flanking them along the way. “I don’t want to have to come to your rescue once you realize you have no idea what your doing.”

“HA! Not reading the lines of fate will make it interesting, and a good change of pace at that! I could use the adventure, maybe strut my stuff a bit.” Beamed Ethstar, earning a reproachful look from Aliana. With a sigh, “I plan to resurrect the Goddesses and oversee the re-formation of their world. Seeing as they sacrificed their lives in order to keep the toxic radiation within the city and not have it spread to the rest of the country was most honorable, and I have decided to accept them into the Realm of Gods a bit sooner than planned due to their noble sacrifice.”

“I can’t say that I agree with you, but once your set on something your stubbornness wont let you change your mind. I have no choice in this matter but to watch you go.” Aliana sighed reproachfully as they entered their resting chambers.

“Now don’t you worry none.” Ethstar said, sorting through various closets for the gear he will need in the wastelands, “Your overall in charge while I’m away, I don’t think there is any situation you can’t handle without my assistance. Now, I think it’s time for a more fitting look, don’t you?”

Ethstar began to change his appearance, shrinking from his massive size to just over six feet tall, the years seeming to simply fall away. His massive beard retracted back into his skin, which in turn smoothed out to look healthy and young. His long silvery hair retracting into his skull and stopping just long enough to cover his ears and eyebrows. His muscles shrank making his body look like a thin twig, yet not malnourished. Finished with the transformation, he began looking himself over, examining his short brown hair, bright blue eyes that had a hint of a glow, fingers and toes all accounted for. Perfect!

“Why did you choose a human form? Or did you forget that Equestria is a land of ponies no more that four feet tall?” Aliana inquired, admiring his handy work.

“Hmpf! A new being nopony has ever lain eyes on will surly get their attention!” The short figure that was the God king boomed in an epic voice, donning a plain brown shirt, pants, trench coat, and topping it off with a fedora. He then turned to his prized possession, the Omega Sword. Forged from a Neutron star in the heart of the black hole in the center of the galaxy. As long as Ethstar wielded it the enchantments made it weigh no more than a feather. To others, it was the unstoppable force, its hidden monstrous weight allowing it to slice through diamonds themselves as though they were butter.

“Not what I would go as, but I would certainly change the voice darling, before your greeting hello results in the planet ripping in half.” Aliana said.

Clearing his throat, Ethstar said in a much more normal voice, “Yes yes I know.” He turned around, then gathered a massive surge of energy before him, opening a rift to the Equestrian realm. “Well I’m off without further delay.”

“Wait, how are you planning to get there? I know you like a flashy entrance but I impel you to not go over the top. The forests on the planet of Kalimora are still blazing from the volcano you formed after your last dramatic entrance through the surface of the planet.” Aliana stated flatly.

“No, its something different every time.” Ethstar smiled, then moved the exit of the portal to somewhere far above the planet and jumped through, closing the portal on the way.

Aliana was not amused.