• Published 7th Jun 2014
  • 2,000 Views, 60 Comments

One Night in the Everfree Forest - Fluttercordfan



Fluttershy and Discord are close friends, but both want to be so much more until a strange fox comes into the mix.

  • ...
2
 60
 2,000

Mirrors

The ground beneath began to quake and moan. Screams were bouncing off the walls and it took Fluttershy a moment to realize they were coming from her.

The cruel voice boomed again in laughter as the Pegasus' limbs quaked beneath her. The vibrations seem to breath life into the ground as it began to take on a life of its own.

She could see Discord's horrified face as he reach for her, but they were soon pulled apart as a crack rapidly began to form and spread all around her. Ice shards rained down upon the Draconequus forming a crude cage. The last thing she remembered was the roaring whoosh of air as she fell into a dark abyss.

"Fluttershy!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy awoke to the sound of trickling water and the dampening of her mane.

"Where am I" she queried groggily.

Her words echoed back to her in the empty space. The echoes seemed to mock her as she slowly got up. Deciding to ignore the disturbing sound she looked around in an attempt to orient herself.

Solid ice surrounded her, almost suffocating in its intensity. Curiously the walls of ice did not give off the normal amount of cold air as was expected. Instead they gave off a slightly warm breeze.

"Trees that grow candy and now warm ice. What next?"

Rubbing her leg more out of anxiousness than need for warmth she began to make her way along the ice halls.

"Well at least I won't be freezing while in these icy catacombs for who knows how long."

As she walked the endless hallway she started to hear what she though were muffled voices.

"What is that? Is someone there?" She called out fruitlessly.

Nothing, but her own echo could be heard in the isolated halls.

"I could have sworn I heard something. Maybe the creepy silence is finally getting to me." Lamented Fluttershy.

She began to walk on an endless icy path for what seemed like hours until she finally cracked. Slumping down she put her head in her hooves.

"I give in this is hopeless. Oh where is Twilight when you need her she would be able to find a way out of this maze."

As she said this the whispering she heard earlier began to get louder. Determined to get to the source of the problem this time she galloped toward it. She came to an abrupt stop as she almost collided headfirst into one of the icy walls.

"This is where the sound is coming from I know it! So why is there nothing here?"

Just then the surface of the ice began to ripple like moving water. Soon blurry images began to appear and it didn't take her long to recognize them.

"Twilight! Twilight please help I'm trapped somewhere in the Everfree forest with Discord and we oh.. You can't hear me can you?"

Her cries fell on deaf ears. The Twilight on the wall seemed completely oblivious to her. Looking closer it seemed as though Twilight was reading something.

"Twilight!" came a rough voice.

"Yes Spike did you get the book?" asked Twilight anxiously.

"Of course and the girls are doing all they can to look for answers too. Anything else I can do?"

"Yeah help me look up the animal this hair came from" She held up the piece of hair in her hoof.

Spike looked a little perplexed.

"A hair? Twilight are you ok I thought we were looking for Fluttershy and Discord?"

Without looking up from her many piles of books she quickly shook her head. "Yes we are, but this piece of hair could give us a clue as to actually what or whom we are dealing with."

"Um ok"

Spike started looking a bit anxious "Not that I don't believe you or anything, but how exactly is that piece of hair supposed to tell us anything? It could have come from any number of the animals living around Fluttershy's house. I mean lets be honest here, there is nothing that should make you think that hair is unusual."

Finally looking up from her books Spike got a good view of her face. She looked worn out, but full of determination.

"I know Spike, but we don't have many leads to go on and I have a strong hunch that there is something off about it. I just know it. So please, trust me on this."

The pleading look finally got to him. "Alright I do trust you Twilight and I know that you will find a way for us to get her back.

Satisfied with his answer Twilight began searching over her books again.

Spike decided it was best not to remark on her ragged state. It was obvious she was intent on finding Fluttershy, even at a cost to her own health.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh dear Twilight you look awful" moaned Fluttershy.

She gave up on trying to get her friends to hear her long ago and the picture had already faded away.

She sank onto the floor and once again bemoaned her fate. "I am so sorry everyone. I didn't mean to make you all so worried."

One lone tear fell down before she shook herself free of the self pity.

"There is no time for this now I have to find a way back to Discord. The longer I stay here like this the longer others are going to suffer because of me"

"Wallowing in self pity once again no doubt."

Fluttershy jumped at the harsh and somewhat familiar voice.

"Who said that?"

"Why I bet that silly mare is even crying"

Fluttershy quickly realized exactly whom that voice belonged to and that it was not addressing her.

"Oh really Discord and here I thought you had a thing for that pony." This voice was angelic and very similar to the booming angry one that had stopped them when they first entered here.

Following the voices Fluttershy came upon another ice wall that now held a watery image of Discord and a Mare. A stunningly beautiful mare at that.

Discord sat perched upon an elaborate throne of ice. Next to him was a mare that shone an almost translucent white with shimmering gold hair and eyes that shone black as night. It almost hurt Fluttershy to look at her, but her eyes were soon drawn back to Discord.

He sat smiling and looked almost happy to be in the mare's company.

"Discord can you hear me?" she called tentatively.

"Of course my dear."

Fluttershy almost jumped in delight at finally having contacted someone, but her happiness was short lived.

"That silly mare is nothing compared to you."

She couldn't have heard him right. Discord wouldn't do that, not after everything they had been through. No it must be a trick. She had been fooled before. Maybe it wasn't even him.

Just then the Discord in the picture poofed up a tall glass of chocolate milk. Very characteristic of him and not a type of magic that many others could or, even would, choose to perform.

"No Discord its not really you. This is some sort of trick and I'm not buying it." She shook her head vehemently.

As she was reassuring herself the beautiful mare in the mirror slowly turned to face her and grinned. "Oh yes Fluttershy this is all too real."

"Your lying!"

Something flickered in the mare's eyes at this, but she quickly hid it behind a mask of indifference.

"I am? You think you know Discord better than I?"

Fluttershy flinched "Well"

"Then prove it!"

"What what do you."

Before she could voice her question everything went dark and the mare's laughter echoed across the icy halls