• Published 6th Jun 2014
  • 1,137 Views, 13 Comments

Unrequited - DtdFIMBrony



Fluttershy has been in turmoil lately because she has feelings that she does not want to admit to even herself, but one day, she finds herself admitting them all the same, but doesn't know how to live with them.

  • ...
4
 13
 1,137

A Timbering Problem.

"You don't remember me?" Fluttershy asked, tears welling up in her eyes, "Like at all?"

"Nope, in fact, all i remember is waking up here and wanting muffins." Said Derpy, completely oblivious to Shy's tears.

Shy decided in that moment, that all was lost to her, but she wasn't going to completely give up, no, this gave her a chance to make a better relationship. "Derpy, yesterday, you were attacked by a large Timberwolf, and it knocked you out, I brought you back here and lay you on my couch." Shy said, hoping that her sweet voice and words would remind Derpy of some of what happened.

"Uhh, if I was knocked out by a Timberwolf, then why would you, of all ponies, be willing to take me back to your place? I mean I am greatly appreciative, but, wouldn't a hospital be a better place to bring somepony injured?" Asked Derpy, somewhat confused as to why anypony would do something like that.

"Well the thing is, you were the one who taught me a very important thing about love, and how you can love somepony, and even if they don't love you back, knowing how you feel about them can set your heart at rest even if you know you have to move on eventually." Fluttershy said, and starting to cry again continues, "And you were the first pony to tell me that you loved me, and just as I started to love you back, the Timberwolf took your memory--" Shy was crying so hard now that she couldn't even finish what she was going to say. Derpy however decided that because she didn't like to see anypony cry, she would comfort her as best she could.

"The thing is, I can't remember anything like that, I mean I wish I could, but, I just don't." Derpy started to say, and continued, "Do you think there is a way to get my memories back?"

Thinking for a little while, Shy only comes up with one conclusion, she had to go see Twilight. "I have one idea, I only hope it works." She said, and started to pack some stuff for the walk, "We have to go see Twilight about it." And with that, they walked out the door, Derpy then tries to spread her wings, but to her surprise, one of them was broken, and with a yelp of pain she decided quickly to put it down. before even asking Shy what happened to her wing she got an answer, "That happened when the Timberwolf attacked you, I think it may have gone for your wings first, and managed to break one so you couldn't fly away." Having heard the explanation Derpy couldn't help but feel there was something picking at the back of her mind, she just couldn't remember what it was, only a sliver of it was left, an image that was left in her mind, a magic using pony, ordering the Timberwolves, but she didn't retain the memory long enough to tell Shy.

When they arrived at Twilight's house, the Treebrary, Derpy thought it also seemed familiar, "Somehow I recognize this place, but it is all very vague." She said to Shy, who instantly had a glimmer of hope in her eyes, but somehow that glimmer only made Derpy feel worse but she couldn't quite tell why she felt worse.

"Oh thats great, that means that not every single one of your memories have gone." Shy said, and knocked on the door of the Treebrary, to which Twilight answered shortly after. "Hi, Twilight, I need your help, you see, Derpy woke up, but lost almost all of her memories, including the ones of me."

Twilight's eyes widened at that and urged them both inside, "You mean to tell me that after the Timberwolf attack, Derpy lost her memory, but is wanting to recall them?" She went shuffling through her things, looking for a book, muttering to herself about some weird spell. "Ah hah, here it is." Using her magic to pull the book out, Derpy jumped back what seemed to be 5 meters, though it was more like 2, and this time the image of the pony that used magic to control the Timberwolves stayed. "Are you okay Derpy?" Asked Twilight.

"There was a magic user, controlling the Timberwolves, I don't remember who it was, but I definitely remember there being one there." Derpy said, trembling, she then made her way back to Shy's side, who in which was staring wide eyed at Derpy. "what?" asked Derpy.

"Y-y-your mane." Shy started, obviously terrified, "I-i-its, turned to t-t-timber." she said, and Derpy, in disbelief finds a mirror, and nearly screams at the tight. Her mane completely changed into that of a timber based mane, and not only that, but so did her tail.

"My mane, and my tail, are timber now? How could this happen?" Derpy, suddenly in a panic, asks Twilight who is reading through her books looking for any explanation she can find.

"According to what I have in my own books," Twi begins to say, "I have no idea!" She then calls spike down and has him send a letter to Celestia about this, as well as constantly reminding him to ignore the wooden tailed pony, Twi also decides she is going to go to the old castle's library to find something if she can and teleports away immediately.

"Oh dear" says Shy, "I wonder what Twilight is going to be able to do, I hope she can fix this." She looks over and nearly screams.

"I hope so too" says Derpy, "Because this is working fast." Her legs halfway turned into timber with claws sprouting from the ends of them.

It was no time before Twilight returned and saw what was happening. "Woah! What happened!" She exclaimed, "This is not good, not good at all, if we don't find a way to fix this, it looks like Derpy will be turned into, a Timberwolf."

"Well how much time do we have?" Asked Shy looking extremely worried about the situation.

"I would give it a day, at most." Replied Twi, "I really hope Celestia is on the ball to find this one, because at this rate, we just might lose Derpy!"