• Published 16th Jun 2014
  • 481 Views, 7 Comments

A Crusade for More - TheN0tSoNice



Honestly who can blame all they want is their Cutie Marks so what if it might need a little help from each other.... Okay maybe a lot of them

  • ...
 7
 481

So the Journey Begins

The sun was shining the birds were chirping and three fillies were inside there clubhouse doing what they always did.

"Okay crusaders what's on the agenda for today". said Scootaloo.

"Well today we can go for our sled-racing, mountain-climbing, bird taming, or professional eating cutie marks." Said Applebloom pointing at a drawn up list Titled "Cutie Mark Crusaders List of Cutie Marks".

"Ooo ooo lets go bird taming that seems like a nice peaceful activity". Sweetie Belle said with an enthusiastic tone but was interrupted by Scootaloo.

"Who needs peaceful when you've got adventure I say we go mountain climbing." Already attempting to put on a harness, her back legs went in one hole and her wings got trapped underneath the backside of the harness causing her to look like some sort of tangled mess.

"Slow down Scootaloo" Applebloom said helping her friend out of her harness getting tickled by the feathers as Scootaloo flapped her wings furiously caused by the embarrassing situation she was in. "What if somepony gets hurt are family will be mad at us if any of us were harmed in the stunt" Applebloom finally released Scootaloo from her harness prison giving a loud sigh now that, that predicament had been settled. Scootaloo turned to Applebloom with a curious look and then said.

"Well what did you have in mind." Scootaloo said pouting, still embarrassed by the harness incident.

"Yeah I don't supposed you were going to suggest sled-racing, because there isn't exactly a lot snow during the summer of Ponyville".Sweetie Belle said, she'd been watching the harness mess giggling but not loud enough for her friends to hear, she didn't want to upset Scootaloo knowing she could be a bit 'over-dramatic' from time to time.

"You guys serious" Applebloom said with an indifferent expression held on her face. "I live on an apple orchard with thousands of apple trees holding the best apples in all of Equestria." Just like her sister she said that statement with a proud and slightly arrogant tone.

" I don't get it." Said both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo with confused facial expressions.

"Ugh.... do I have to spell it out for ya two." Hoof-palming her face to make a loud slap. "Lets get our Cutie Marks in professional apple eating." Applebloom said smugly as if what she'd said had been the greatest idea the Cutie Mark Crusaders had ever heard but was immediately cut short as Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle intervened.

"No thanks I already ate lunch before coming to the club house." said Sweetie Belle as her thoughts began to wonder off.

"Yeah me too and besides who wants to get their Cutie Mark from professionally eating apples, why not eating something cool like.. like Ice Cream yeah." Scootaloo said she began drooling over the thought of eating all that ice cream.
Sweetie Belle then chimed in offering her past idea

"See guys that only leaves bird taming, c'mon think about it wouldn't having a Cutie Mark with a cute little humming bird or a humble yet majestic Eagle be awesome." Applebloom and Scootaloo began to imagine all the school kids praise her as she rode into school on a ferocious phoenix.

It'd certainly 1-up anything Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon could do Applebloom thought to herself.
Scootaloo was thinking of how incredible she'd look when she pulled off some sweet moves with the help of her newly obtained Falcon, with her tenacity and the Falcon's astonishing nature she'd be the coolest filly in the school, heck maybe even in all of Ponyville and would instantly receive attention not only from the school ponies but even her child hood hero Rainbow Dash.

Yea I know I'm pretty awesome mimicking a line Rainbow Dash would say.
Both of the fillies daydreams vanished as Sweetie Belle began shaking both of them.

"Hey you guys snap out it we gotta find a bird to tame."
Applebloom chuckled then said

"Why go look for a bird when we can tame this here chicken" Applebloom laughing harder nudging Scootaloo.

"And if I recall your the pony who didn't get her chicken calling Cutie Mark" Scootaloo said practically staring daggers at Applebloom who stopped laughing when she began remembering that horrible night involving the cockatrice but even more infamous Fluttershy's trademark 'stare' used only when she found it need be necessary but was still notorious as the Cutie Mark Crusaders had witnessed its almighty power.

"Anyways" Sweetie Belle said as she too was remembering that horrendous night. "If you too are done fighting we can go find that bird and claim our Bird Taming Cutie Marks."

"I know lets go to Fluttershy's she's sure to have plenty of birds and is already good at taming animals, surely she is the best bet on this whole bird taming idea". Applebloom said finally out of her traumatic state.

"We can't, she's probably not home, she's most likely at Aloe and Vera's spa. I heard my sister talking about it last night when she received Opal from her grooming with Fluttershy. I swear she deserves an award for animal taming that cat is evil, she once cut my hair in half." Sweetie Belle said in discomfort she began petting her hair as if it were precious treasure.

"Well what are we supposed to do now, if Fluttershy can't be reached who do we go to then." Scootaloo said as she started getting her scooter ready for the trip.

"We can always go to Twilight's. I reckon since she got that owl, Owlicious she must've read all sorts a books on birds I'm sure she give us a few pointers on what to do."

"That's a great idea Applebloom, then to the Golden Oaks Library we go." Sweetie Belle said as her and Applebloom got on the platform attached to Scootaloo's scooter.
Scootaloo raced out the clubhouse her wings flapping swiftly pulling the two fillies behind her at a moderate speed, her eyes set on the large oak tree inside containing the knowledge that holds her bird taming Cutie Mark. "Yea lets go get that bird taming Cutie Mark." Scootaloo shouted at the sky causing her wings to flap even faster as she raced towards the library.