• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 611 Views, 11 Comments

The Apples go to High School - WeepingAngel2020



High School can be troubling for all of us, especially if your the new kid

  • ...
2
 11
 611

Training Day

Mac woke up earlier than usual, today was the start of the weekend and he had to get up extra early, not only to start on his chores, but to pick up Caramel and Whooves so they could help to start off there training and later train for the team. Mac got dresses, only with a simple pair of jeans and a white shirt. Mac did his routine and decided to pick up breakfast, for him, Caramel ,and Whooves. Mac crept down the stairs, hoping not to wake up anybody. Mac grabbed some money and his keys and headed for his truck. Mac started the engine and hope that didn't wake anyone as he drove off. As Mac drove he saw the sun wasn't even up yet, the ride into town was peaceful. He drove on the nearly vacant street, heading for his first stop, Whooves. As Mac drove up to Whooves house, he saw it was simple made like most houses. In the backyard Mac could see what looked like some sort of blue box, but he didn't pay much mind to it. To Mac's surprise, Whooves was on the front porch waiting for him. Whooves came down and got into the truck, along with Mac.

"So why ya'll up so early?" Mac asked as he drove off, now to get Caramel,

"Well to be honest, couldn't sleep," Whooves replied as Mac turned into a driveway.

"This must be it," Mac said as he looked at the house.

"Figures," Whooves said.

Mac then got out and went up to the door, and decided it would be best to call him, as he did he heard ringing, not from inside, but near a bush. As Mac got near it, he saw a dressed Caramel sleeping on the ground. Mac sighed and gently picked him up, carrying him to the truck, and setting him in the back, behind Whooves. Mac then got in and gunned it back, stopping hard so Caramel would smack into Whooves seat. Caramel let out a low groan as he sat up,

"Uhhhhhh where am I," Caramel asked as he looked around.

"In mah truck on our way for breakfast, then hard labor," Mac answered.

"Got it, breakfast," Caramel said.

As they made there way to the farm, with breakfast finished, and the awkward conversation of Caramel hitting on the married woman done, the farm was now in sight. As Mac drove up he could see that AJ, Apple Bloom, and Granny were already up and were just finishing up breakfast. Mac pulled up and stopped, he turned off the car and stepped out, followed by Caramel and Whooves. Mac then ran inside to get the list from Granny, while Whooves and Caramel waited out side. While Mac was gone Caramel saw AJ coming out and saw her, he then whispered something to Whooves.

"Really Man," Whooves said, a bit to well, because AJ was coming over now.

"So what did yall say," AJ asked Caramel. Meanwhile Whooves took this opportunity to leave them to talk.

"I don't think you'll find it funny," Caramel said as he looked at AJ

"Naw i insist, I love a good joke," AJ said as she looked at Caramel.

"Well I said that since your a farm girl, you must like it hard, rough and in the back of a barn," Caramel said with confidence.

They both seemed to laugh a little, and as Mac walked out with the list, he saw AJ deck Caramel in the face before storming off.

They began there work as soon as Mac got back, the work was hard, especially for Caramel and Whooves, but they got it done, and complained very little. As they did each task they would check it off of the list, and by the time it was lunch, they only had a few things left. All they would have to do was fix a fence and make a few repairs in the barn. They all went inside for lunch, sweaty from the day before, however as they entered the house, they heard more noise then usual. Mac then noticed that his sister and her friends were here. They were all working on the lunch together, Mac let out a sigh, as much as Apple Bloom and her friends meant well, they were not the best cooks yet. Mac and his friends sat down at the table and chatted as Sweetie Belle brought out there food. Caramel dug into the food, while Whooves and Mac examined the food, it seemed fine so they ate it. For once the food was good and seemed alright. After they had finished they walked out and headed for the fence. It was a walk but they eventually began to work on it. It didn't take as long as they thought, so they made there way to the barn. There were a few holes in the roof, and the door needed to be replaced, but other than that there was no problem. Mac worked on the roof, while Caramel and Whooves worked on the door. With there combined effort they were able to finish the job. Now came the training for the football team.

They all started by running laps abound the farm house and through the orchard. They would do this a few times until they could not run anymore. Mac then led the group in push-ups and sit-ups. That was the easier of the parts. Mac then set up a few hay bales for them to try and tackle. Whooves was the fist to go and did not do to well at first, but got better over time. Caramel who thought this would be easy was wrong, he had the most trouble, but after many, many attempts, Caramel finally succeeded. Mac was the one who did the best, his first attempt, he knocked down the bales of hay. There final test for training for the day was catching. That was more relaxed for them, just running around throwing around a football and having a good time.

As they finished there training Caramel and Whooves were on the ground breathing heavily, while Mac was leaning against the side of the barn, even Mac was worn out from the day. The sun was setting and a cool breeze felt good to them, As they made there way to the house, Caramel and Whooves would be staying the night so they could train tomorrow. They all went inside the house and headed for Macs room. After which they all took turns in the shower, washing away the sweat and dirt. After that they all went to bed, exhausted from the day of training.