• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 1,390 Views, 17 Comments

Sisters Forever - mlplover17



Goodbye Apple Bloom. Will Applejack ever be able to move on?

  • ...
10
 17
 1,390

Talking

After the funeral, they sat at Twilight's library and tried to cheer each other up. They ate tea and biscuits. They talked about their feelings. Actually, they all did except Applejack. In fact, Applejack wouldn't say anything to the others when she was there, no matter how much the others tried to get her to.

"Come Applejack. At least say one word!" said Twilight.

They were all worried about AJ. She had never acted like this before.

"I'm gonna go y'all. I need to do....something." she said tearing up.

"AJ, are you sure you'll be alright?" asked Rainbow concerned.

"Darling, we'd be happy to come with you and-" Rarity got cut off short by Applejack.

"No thanks. I'll be fine. she said looking away from them. She walked out and left the meeting. The others looked at each other concerned.

"Something's definitely wrong." said Pinkie Pie.

"Of course. Her sister just died." said Rarity.

"What I mean is this isn't the Applejack we know. The Applejack we know was kind. This Applejack is kind of mean." said Pinkie.

"Like I said darling, she just lost her sister. What would you do if you lost Maud?"

"Point taken."

"We gotta do something." said Rainbow.

"I think what we SHOULD do is let her have her time to mourn." said Twilight seriously.

"But-"

"No buts Rainbow. She's made it pretty clear she just wants to be alone. You saw the shape she's in. She wouldn't even talk to us." said Twilight.

"Ok. Fine." said Rainbow crossing her hooves.

Applejack went over by the CMC clubhouse, bringing in the memories there of Apple Bloom. She was about to leave when she heard sobbing, glass shattering, and bumps. She ran up the ramp and opened the door. When she opened he door she saw Scootaloo breaking things and kicking walls and the floor, screaming at the top of her lungs and crying. Sweetie Belle was huddled in the corner in fright, crying softly.

"Scootaloo! Stop!" Applejack shouted as she grabbed Scootaloo. Scootaloo kicked and screamed and sobbed.

"Easy Scootaloo." said AJ trying to calm Scootaloo down. Scootaloo calmed down and Applejack let go. She passed out.

"Sweetie Belle, stay here. I'm gonna take Scootaloo to the hospital and I'll be right back." said AJ. Putting Scootaloo on her back. Sweetie Belle nodded her head, still huddled in the corner in fear.

"I'm back Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo has to stay overnight. She's got cuts and bumps and bruises and glass stuck in her that they have to get out. Poor little filly. Why don't you come into the barn with me Sugarcube?" said Applejack softly.

"O....okay." said Sweetie Belle upset.

They went into the barn and sat down at a table. There was a bit of silence until Sweetie Belle spoke.

"I don't know what got into Scootaloo. We came to the clubhouse after the funeral. After she closed the door she started going crazy. She started punching the walls and breaking things. Her mane became a mess and I couldn't say anything. I was terrified." said Sweetie Belle concerned.

"How are you feelin' Sweetie Belle?" asked Applejack trying to hold back tears.

"Alright. I guess. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. It ain't your fault."

"Yes it is. I feel like I wasn't there for her. If I had visited her more she might....might have li....lived longer." said Sweetie Belle starting to cry.

"Sweetie Belle. I want you to look me in the eyes, okay?" Sweetie Belle did as she was told. "It ain't your fault. It's no pony's fault." she said starting to cry.

"Why did it have to be her though? Why couldn't I....have gotten th....the tumor?" asked Sweetie Belle crying.

"Then Apple Bloom would've been sad." The thought of Apple Bloom made AJ finally cry.

"Can I....have a....hug?" asked Sweetie Belle sobbing.

"Of course Sugarcube." said Applejack embracing Sweetie Belle tightly in a hug. She started to cry.

"So how are-" Sweetie Belle was interrupted by a knock on the barn door.

"I'll be right back." AJ said trotting over to the door.

"Okay." said Sweetie Belle.

Applejack opened the door to reveal Rarity.

"Hi Applejack. Um, is Sweetie Belle here?" she asked peeking inside the barn door.

"Uh. Yeah she is. Come in." she said to Rarity. Rarity politely nodded and walked in.

"Hello Sweetie Belle. Is Scootaloo here?" Sweetie Belle waved with a tiny smile on her face.

"No. I had to take her down to the hospital. She had glass in her body and hooves and she had lots of cuts and bruises." AJ said with a worried look on her face.

"Oh my. Have you told Rainbow Dash?"

"I'll go now." said AJ trotting to the door.

"Applejack wait! Well come." chimed in Sweetie Belle.

"Aw that's mighty sweet but-"

"And we won't take no for an answer." said Rarity sternly.

"Alright."

The 3 ponies walked over to Rainbow's cloud castle. Applejack called to her from down below. The cloud door opened to reveal a messy maned, light blue pegasus with red eyes.

"What's up guys?" asked Rainbow wiping tears away from her eyes.

"I have to tell you somethin'." AJ said with a worried look on her face.

"Now don't freak out. I'm sure she'll be okay." Rainbow got a worried look on her face when AJ said this.

"Scootaloo is in the hospital."

"What?!" Rainbow shot up in the sky and flew away as fast as she could.

"Come on! We gotta follow her!" shouted Sweetie Belle running, AJ and Rarity following.

They chased Rainbow to the hospital. They asked for Scootaloo's room. The doctor told them to come in. Scootaloo was sleeping peacefully in the bed. Rainbow was there smiling at the sleeping filly.

"It took a while, but we got all the glass out. She's going to need lots of bed rest though."

"Ok doctor. Thank you." said Rarity to the doctor as he left the room.