• Published 6th Jun 2014
  • 2,640 Views, 57 Comments

New Reign - Dream Seeker



Celestia has finally left this world, and Twilight has to step up to her place as Princess beside Luna, becoming Regent of the Sun.

  • ...
14
 57
 2,640

Laws and Ways Around Them:Arc 1, Chapter 3

Twilight smiled. It had taken some negotiations to pull this off, but after only a couple hours, she was ready. She saw her friends sitting in front of her, Luna beside her, a full moon overhead, and clear skies from her seat in the Royal Gardens. Alexandria stood on the side not occupied by Luna, smiling as well. Her parents sat behind her friends, waiting.

"It is my great honor to welcome Equestria's newest Nobles into power!" Twilight exclaimed. "By the powers invested in me by the Sun, with Alexandria, member of the Royal House of Alexandria as well as Twilight Velvet and Night Light, members of the Royal House of Sparkle, and Princess Luna as my witnesses, I proclaim Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie, Rainbow, and Fluttershy into the new Royal Houses of Belle, Apple, Pie, Dash, and Flutter respectively."

"I declare a new law, under this full moon, at 7:00, with members of the Royal Houses of Alexandria, Sparkle, Belle, Apple, Pie, Dash, and Flutter. The new law requires a ten-bit fee, from disputing parties wishing for a Royal Consultation. Only one party is required to pay the fee, and the fee shall be refunded if the Royal Consultation results in an amount of bits changing hooves that is greater than ten bits."
Luna smirked. "Now only those who truly need shall ask for a consultation. That was a wise move, Twilight Sparkle. Now, request a meeting in the morning."
"Already done, Princess." said Alexandria. "I made sure all problems were solved, before we came to you to ask for a full moon. I couldn't see a way to create the law, until Princess Twilight's friends came. Lady Dash easily cleared the sky, and with five trusted friends being granted Royal Houses, you just have to add my Royal House and Princess Twilight's parent's Royal House to get 7, enough to create the law. From there, I prepared for everything."
Luna smiled. "Of course. Now, sleep. Tomorrow will be an... interesting day. All of you need to be at your best. I shall ward away the nightmares."

in the morning----------in the morning----------in the morning----------in the morning----------

The Nobles stood in the throne room, wondering what was so important so early in the new Princess's career. Each had different hopes and expectations, ranging from some wondering about the return of Nightmare Moon, to others believing that they were about to become the newest Prince/Princess. None were ready for these announcements.

"Welcome, everypony. I have a few announcements to make." Twilight stated as she revealed herself, already sitting in the throne. "First of all, I would like to welcome five new Noble houses." This was met with a few murmurs of astonishment, they didn't expect new Nobles so soon. "Welcome Lady Dash, Lady Pie, Lady Belle, Lady Flutter, and Lady Apple."

When the new Nobles walked into the room and took their seats, nopony questioned their new positions. After all, they had saved Equestria on numerous occasions. Besides, many hoped they could be easily manipulated in the Game of Politics.

"My second announcement is that there is now a law in place requiring a ten-bit fee to be paid for a Princess's Consultation. Only one party must pay the fee, and the fee will be refunded if an amount of bits greater than ten is exchanged as a result of the consultation." With this announcement, many Nobles raised their hooves and objected loudly.
"Which Nobles agreed to this nonsense?" one Noble in particular roared.
Twilight just smiled. "The Alexandria House, the Sparkle House, the Belle House, the Dash House, the Pie House, the Apple House, and the Flutter House. The full moon was provided last night by Luna, in case any of you noticed. Performed at 7:00, in the Royal Garden, with Luna by my side."

Many Nobles gasped in astonishment. It seemed that the new players in the Game of Politics were not as clueless as they seemed. With 7 Noble Houses, the Princesses could create or remove laws at will, effectively putting the Nobles out of any and all power! The worst part was that it was completely legal! What they didn't know was that Celestia had specifically planned for this to be possible, to help ease the workload of her successor. What she didn't know what events it would set into motion...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

In a pitch black room, around a table, ponies sat discussing.

"The Princesses have too much power!" one gruff voice said. "One law, and they could completely override the systems in place that require the consent of the governed. As soon as we can, we need to remove them from power. Before they destroy us all."
"No. They wouldn't, they have no need." said one pony, disgust dripping from his voice. "No Noble would ever think to go against the wishes of their Princesses. We have no reason to begin yet."
"Then it's settled. Not yet." a voice whispered from the darkness, and the other ponies shivered.
"Mark my words. One day soon, a Princess shall remove the Nobleponies from power, by accident or on purpose. I still think we should get the preemptive strike." the gruff one said.
"We will begin when the time is right, and only when the time is right. You are dismissed." replied the voice in the darkness.

The ponies teleported away from the secret table, except for the voice in the darkness. A candle was lit, but the shadows didn't disappear, they seemed to flow around the strange pony. As the shadows congealed, a shape emerged. It was an ordinary pony, but their body was made out of pure shadow...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In a pitch black room, around a table, ponies met once again.

"They have finally crossed the line!" the gruff one crowed. "They destroyed the purpose of Nobles! We must act."
"Not until we have a plan." the Shadow Pony replied. "I already have an idea. The first step shall begin shortly."
"Excellent. Nothing to say, brother? Too upset over your mistake?"
"Once the Princess died, her authority was lost. I had not predicted her death. The Nobles would have no well-respected figure to obey, so this new one needed to give them a reason, or make them obsolete. We must strike now, while the new Princess is weak. What is the plan?"
"Excellent. Listen carefully now, my plan cannot be foiled. This is what you must do..."

Author's Note:

The darkness is coming soon... Nopony suspects... This is where the action starts.