• Published 8th Apr 2012
  • 880 Views, 18 Comments

Born to Light - Mailbox_of_d00m



MLP and Alan Wake Crossover: Darkness attacks Ponyville; stuff ensues.

  • ...
3
 18
 880

Chapter 7: Thought Process

The events of the previous four days reiterated constantly in Postal Code's mind. Although everything seemed to have commenced without any real problems, he just couldn't help but think that he had left a bad impression on Twilight Sparkle. After all, he had just appeared to her out of nowhere – in a very stalker-like manner, too – only to give her the manuscript pages while claiming he didn't know what they were. Not only did that make him look incompetent, but it made him look like he was too lazy to even read them. If he was ever to ask her to the prom, he simply couldn't be branded by tags like those.

Remembering the work he had to make up because of his excursion to Ponyville, Postal Code quelled his slight paranoia with, "Oh well, she probably won't be coming back to Canterlot Academy any time soon, so I really shouldn't worry about what she thinks of me." Besides, he had more important things to do – like finish his work so he could get back to Colt Icarus: Uprising, or Stable III, or even Manecraft.

Ever easily distracted, however, Postal Code's mind drifted away from his essay on Equestrian literature and returned to worrying about his impression on Twilight. The worst part about it was that he really had been too lazy to read the manuscript pages; he never once looked past the title page. That certainly wouldn't fare well with somepony who absolutely adores reading.

Because he couldn't retrieve his previous attention to his essay, Postal Code left his desk and glanced out the window, just in time to see a lavender-colored unicorn carrying a stack of type-written papers pass by.