• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 644 Views, 12 Comments

Doctor Who: The Equestrian Chronicles - Dr Time Keeper



After an unknown event in our universe, Junior must now learn to live in world where Ponies are the dominant species, will he find a way back or will he have to live the rest of his live as a pony, stay tuned to find out.

  • ...
6
 12
 644

Season 1 Episode 3: The Sonic TimeBoom

Keeper: Hey guys this is a story I’ve had under my hoof for some time, it’s just to show that the doctor isn’t just brains when in I dire situation. It also builds up the development of the bond which is forming between Luna and The Doctor. Well enjoy.
P.S. Ignore any minor grammar I just can’t see it as well as most, but if it is major tell me so I can fix it thanks.

Doctor Who:
Equestrian Chronicles
EP 03
Sonic time-boom

It has been a couple months since The Doctor had landed in Ponyville and helped the mane six defeat Nightmare Moon; it had been a very interesting day for him as a contest for best flyer was being held in Cloudsdale and since he was a Pegasus he decided to go and cheer for Rainbow Dash (considering that the only other Pegasus was Fluttershy, he thought it was the smart thing) but later on everyone could come yet Rarity had grown some butterfly wings (courtesy of Twilight) which in the process made Rainbow more nervous than she already was. During the contest which the first prize was a day with the Wonderbolts, Rarity entered at the last second and ended up showing of her wing which had dissolved in the sun causing the Wonderbolts to intervene but ultimately Rainbow had forgotten about the contest to save her friend.

“Hold on Rarity!” as everyone marvelled at her speed, The Doctor knew what would happen (he knew nothing of the Sonic Rainboom outcome).

“Doctor are you ok?” Twilight asked The Doctor who had his head almost below the balcony, hoping he wasn’t going to be sick.
“Twilight! You don’t understand! At the rate of her velocity and her wings giving the right momentum!” The Doctor shouted in Twilight's face with glimmer and joy “she could break the sound barrier, producing a SONIC BOOOOOM!” and as he finished Rainbow had indeed broken the sound barrier and the colour of her mane was all that remained as the sonic boom and the trail behind her was a perfect rainbow. Now knowing he could potentially break the sound barrier The Doctor hatched an idea.

A WEEK LATER

Sitting on a cloud The Doctor was applying bandages to his head and legs while he was doing so didn’t notice Rainbow Dash creeping up behind him.

“Uhh, Doc what are you doing?” The Doctor turned to face the rainbow coloured Pegasus.

“Well, Rainbow I am a scientist and watching you break the sound barrier was something I never considered, so I am attempting to do the same but I did fail a couple of times” he explained showing Rainbow all his bruises.

“Well, I am pretty awesome but I don’t think you can do a Sonic Rainboom, no offence?” the stallion of time gave a quick smirk.

“None taken and I’m trying to create a normal sonic boom, the Rainboom is unique to you and you alone. You see when anything breaks the sound barrier they become too fast to see clearly so their colours follow them, since your mane is Rainbow coloured you produce a sonic Rainboom” enlightened by her small lesson Rainbow Dash almost forgot what she came for.

“Oh yea I ALMOST forgot, Twilight told me to get this too you urgently” she handed him an open letter stamped with the royal seal also giving him a salute.

“My faithful student Blah, blah, blah, I require you and your friend to come to Canterlot urgently” after reading the letter he stuffed it in his bag and both time and rainbow ponies raced to the capital of Equestria, it was obvious that The Doctor was now used to his wings and had grown to flying so well that he could almost keep up with rainbow at two thirds speed.

OUTSIKRTS OF CANTERLOT

Once within eye sight of canterlot, it became apparent that something bad was happening as the castle was damaged and buildings were burning and collapsing.

“What happened here?” Rainbow was shocked at the revelation before her eyes.

“I don’t know, Rainbow go ahead and help out, I need to see Celestia” with Rainbow breaking off The Doctor landed in the castle via the big hole into the throne room, inside he saw princess Celestia comforting Luna who looked gravely sick with her night blue furs colour fading in and out “Celestia!, what is going on?” Celestia’s face was full of concern knowing that she was faced with an ultimatum.

“Doctor, it’s Luna, she is terribly ill and can’t control her magic which is causing destructive waves of energy but I can’t leave as the first time it caused most of the damage you see now” The Doctor knew know her situation and was thinking of a way to resolve it, mainly for Luna as she was the source, so helping her would allow time to recover and repair the damage.

“Ok, let me have a look at her, I've read enough on pony anatomy to be an actual doctor for ponies” taking off his bag he pulled out several medical tools, Luna tried to speak but she was too weak to even move and struggled to say anything.

“Doctor?” she asked recognizing his voice as he then began examining her.

“Don’t speak Luna, save your strength and don’t worry you’re going to be fine” The Doctor reassured Luna and she closed her eyes and began to rest with a small smile on her face. Celestia however was worried about her sister, afraid that the city would shun her since she was once the most feared pony in history (reformed of course) that had almost destroyed part of canterlot.

“Will she be alright?” The Doctor took out a thermometer from Luna’s mouth, it surprised her that Luna was actually letting The Doctor help her “she wouldn't even let the royal physician come near her yet she allowed him to help her, he didn’t even have a medical degree…so that’s why he represents the element of trust”

“She’s not good, it looks like she’s fighting an infection” The Doctor could of helped her if the damage were physical but he knew nothing about illnesses to ponies “Celestia, did you have her examined after she returned?” Celestia knew this sort of thing would happen eventually.

“No, I tried, but she wouldn’t let anypony near her when it came to medicine, in fact you’re the only doctor to examine her. The Doctor placed his hoof on his chin and began to think, and then it hit him.

“Hold it! Princess I’m guessing that the medical technology of today wasn't present 1000 years ago” The Doctor guessing that her condition wasn't detectable under the strain of Nightmare Moons control

“yes, You are correct” she confirmed realizing were he was going with this “now that you say, she hasn’t aged since her banishment”

“So, which means that she is ill with a disease that was present a millennia ago and would have not had time to take affect” the princess now knew what had made her dear sister ill.

“No! The Discord fever! How could I be so blind?” The Doctor had no idea what she was on about but by the sound of her voice he knew it wasn't good.

“Why do I get the feeling this was mistaken by disco fever” ignoring his comment the princess used her magic to bring a book, which was very old but well maintained opening the book to a page near the back.

“It was an illness made by a wicked being known as Discord, he was the embodiment of disharmony and chaos and had the ability to control the fabric of reality, after his defeat an illness soon appeared Around the Equestria, which caused spontaneous magical outbursts in unicorns”

“And since alicorns are part unicorn, they are affected as well” The Doctor now had the jist of it yet he now needed a cure.

“Correct, it is recoverable so this is only temporary but the magical outbursts will destroy canterlot before she can recover” The Doctor needed a place where she could heal without causing too much damage.

“I know a place where she can heal but it can’t get here so I need to carry her” the princess shook her head in disagreement.

“You wouldn't make it, the outburst at full power are too much for anypony, you would not survive, I can barely, keep the blasts suppressed. But I have something that could help” using the same technique she brought the book with, she had now brought a bottle of green liquid “this will dull the effects of the fever but It lengthens the time of recovery” The Doctor took the vial then proceeded gave it to Luna.

“Luna?” The Doctor tried to get the attention of the weak princess, not opening her eyes or speaking but stirring as a response “please drink this, it will dull the illness so I can treat you better” hearing his voice told Luna that she was safe proving so as she slowly opened her mouth and drank the contents of the Vail followed by a nasty cough of disgust “that bad huh?” the taste gone from her mouth she returned to her slumber with a gentle smile on her face at his humorous comment while also regaining some of her colour “Celestia” The Doctor asked in his serious dark tone that he had used against Luna as Nightmare moon during their battle while getting up from Luna’s side.

“Yes Doctor?” the princess, heard about this pony from her student, about his dark atmosphere that she heard even her sister was scared of, and she could see why.

“I need, my element of harmony, with it I have the full abilities of an Alicorn so I can teleport her” following his instruction she left to open a vault which only she could open and she returned with the element of trust.

“Here is the element, please bring her home safe” The Doctor packed his bag and placed the element on his head, making him look like an alicorns with the helmet on.

“i really need Armour to go with this thing i look idiotic...and I promise she will be fine…tell the others I’ll be back later” harnessing the powers of the element The Doctor attempted a spell that Twilight had shown him, a transportation spell, focusing on the library he noticed something else, something different, it was everywhere the same thing everywhere at once and only one thing was like that and it made the Time Lord smile “Avanti!” and in an instant both Luna and The Doctor vanished and Celestia left to assist her subjects.

At the TARDIS

In a flash of light, both the ill princess and the time traveller, where now in a large room with a six paneled console in the middle of a platform which was raised above the floor The Doctor stood on.

“I knew it, only the old girl could be everywhere at once, now to the zero room” his little excitement over he used his magic to lift the princess on his back and moved in the direction of the zero room. The zero room was a very special room meant for meditation and healing, just being here would heal most injuries in half the time, infection would be healed in even less “here we are, been a long while since I visited here” The Doctor had set up a bed in this room since he liked to sleep in here every now and again, it was incredibly beautiful as it was modeled to look like a garden on Gallifrey. Now placing Luna on the bed he took off his helmet and placed it on a table which Luna would recognise when she woke up tell her she was in a safe place, exiting the zero room he turned a dial near the door which moved the sun in the zero room over the horizon bringing out the moon and The Doctor noted that Luna’s mane had become more majestic in the moon light, he had never actually seen Luna at night "wow she's beautiful" following his comment his wings sprung up making The Doctor jump "ahh! what the hell wings, why are you doing that!" unsure of what just happened The Doctor struggled to fold his wings back down before taking one final look at luna before departure “sleep well Luna” however as soon as he left the zero room and into the corridor *pomf* "no again!, WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT!" Now making his way out of his ship and out Twilight's library he spread his wing (after regaining control over them) ready to make a return trip to canterlot, his bandages also fell off as being in the zero room healed them quicker than even he could naturally do. Taking off, he raced towards the capital to assist in any way and following his take off caused a small gust showing he was flying quicker than he did last time.

AT CANTERLOT

The mane six and Celestia with many others were helping free the ponies from collapsed buildings and rushed them to hospital, but in the process Rainbow burnt her wing while saving several people from a burning building, while having her wing checked she then noticed something flying very fast in the distance.

“Wait, who is that?” she was curious to who could fly that fast then a crash could be heard from behind her, turning round she saw the castle tower had lost it integrity and had broken off. Closing in to the city was The Doctor hell-bent on saving lives and in the range of the falling tower was the hospital, knowing that there was no time to think only to act he lowered his altitude and aimed for the hospital, his friends saw their friend race to his target and just has he reached the wall of Canterlot…it happened, he had flown so fast he had reached and surpassed the sound barrier, but instead of the Sonic Rainboom even a regular sonic boom, there was nothing his body became engulfed in electric energy that when he passes the wall …there was nothing, no Doctor but on the ground was a trail of flames along the straight road, everyone stared at the trail left behind by the time travelling pony and looked to the imminent fate of the patients at the hospital. However by The Doctor’s view everything had slowed down, he saw the flames on buildings burning slow, the noise deeper and longer.

“I did it I broke the sound barrier, but not in the way I pictured it, aww this is so cool” taking advantage to his new ability he flew past homes, the market and several ponies on the street all while leaving a strong gust of wind behind him, in real time to everyone else. Reaching the hospital he flew in the window and grabbed as many as he could and moved them to a safe area taking all the time he could, he made several return trips finally, only several children remained grabbing them he flew to the place where he had moved everyone else, with the odd movement as about 3 seconds had past in real time, now the rescue op complete he flew to his friends using his wing as air breaks to slowdown, upon a sudden drop in speed his hooves caught the ground and made the same flaming trail he had started with. All his friends including Celestia were shocked to find that he had just saved thousands of lives in less than a few seconds even rainbow could not believe it but in the same second she saw the burning trail the first time the large population of the hospital was in the garden.

“How did you do that?” was The Doctor’s best friend Twilight's question that everyone wanted to hear.

“I broke the sound barrier, you see ever since I arrived in this world, I have been practicing flying, and since I had no idea how too, I based my movements off Rainbow and in about a month I had learned how to fly and every week I timed myself going round and round ponyville my time getting quicker and quicker, the reason I didn’t get here sooner in the first place was because I was injured and I wouldn't leave Rainbow behind, so when I dropped off Luna, I unleashed my full speed and made it here, but when I was trying to break the sound barrier, I crashed and hurt myself several times, but I was so focused on helping people, when I saw the falling tower it just clicked and next thing I know is that I’m flying at normal speed and everything was moving at a thousandth of a second, so I rescued everyone in several minutes by my point of view but by yours I was literally a split second, cool huh?” he explained looking like a very happy puppy near the end of his explanation.he looked back and he saw the flaming trail he made to slow down “oh my God, that’s what happens when I travel the sound barrier, oh that is just smashing, I’m like a DeLorean on hooves” everyone was shocked that he was actually faster than Rainbow, she herself was trying to calculate it in her head, she was a third from flying at her full speed surprised that the doctor could even keep up but he was faster all along and it was only his injury’s that slowed him down.

“Hold up! How can you be faster than me?” Rainbow stated with anger and annoyance with The Doctor and as usual he was lost and confused at her question “well speak up” now with her face in The Doc’s making it more difficult to explain himself.

“Bugger, what do I do now” thinking off a strategy that could get Rainbow of his back “it’s because I am more mature”

“What is that supost to mean?” she began to raise her voice even more.

“It means that I can roughly travel at the same speed maybe even slightly faster than you because I’m older and my wing’s are more developed! In my world people don’t usually fly naturally so machines were made to allow flight, in the development were scientific ways to gain altitude and momentum and since you ponies never needed artificial flight you never thought of different flight techniques! It’s the reason I lost altitude before passing the wall as gravity would of allowed me to fly faster but I didn’t count on breaking the sound barrier!” The Doctor now talking serious as to force Rainbow to back down “don’t you see, you are an incredible flyer and will have more experience than I will for quite some time but my own experiences and ability to think outside the box in terms like this will allow me to surpass you plus your only 16, I’m over 400 and my body is technically still a Time Lord so my body is developed accordingly probably which is why my wings are more like an alicorns than a Pegasus. So I’m sorry Rainbow but the fact I’m faster can’t be helped” Rainbow now saddened by his explanation walked off with her head down.

“Yea I guess your right” as the other five of their friends along with Celestia stood watching The Doctor deal with Rainbow, the time lord walked over to her and past her without looking at her.

“But remember this Rainbow Dash, no matter how fast I fly or if I beat you in a race I will never be the fastest pony in Equestria” Rainbow regained some integrity and wondered what her strange friend meant “its because I don’t want to be, I was the best on my world, I could match anyone in math, science, engineering, I could of become the most famous Time Lord of my time but I decided to become a teacher and my life was defined by war and then loss followed by the drive to explore and discover. Why I’m here I have no clue but why you’re here is crystal clear, you have the power to define yourself though your talents like every pony else, but my talent is not fixed...now I've explained myself, Rainbow are you going to let that stop you from becoming the greatest” looking up from the ground an into the Ancient eyes of her friend from another world she raised and shook her head.

“No I will be the best, sorry for getting mad at you Doc” putting a smile on his face, one question that only the doctor could answer was in the princess’s mind.

“Doctor, my sister is she safe?” The Doctor turned to his friends mentor to give her some good news.

“She is fine as soon as the potion we gave her wares off my Ship will keep her energy contained and protect her from harm” the mane six were still puzzled to the cause of the developments that they still had questions.

“Doctor, what was wrong with Princess Luna?” Twilight ask as he finished reassuring Celestia.

“Luna was the victim to a virus, that affects unicorn magic and being an alicorn is no exception as it seems to affect magic directly, she is right now in my Ship recovering with the help of some of my native technology” now informed the 6 headed to the damaged palace in order to discuss the repairs of Canterlot, The Doctor was about to follow but not before clearing some facts to the crowed that had followed the flaming trail he had left behind “Citizens of Canterlot!, this event was an accident and no one is to blame. now that the crisis is over I ask you to assist in the recovery of the city and to never speak of this day again and to show I am serious” the doctor brought out his sonic screwdriver making the public wonder what the device was, after activating it every camera in the area was destroyed along with any pictures concerning the day that had past “your cameras are destroyed to prevent photographic evidence and if I find one article even one sentence of what happened here I will make sure you lose everything and trust me when I say I have the power to do so!” now walking away from the crowd which was shocked at how this one pony could address the public with such a calm and frightening voice and demand their silence.

“Thank you for protecting Luna” Celestia gave The Doctor her gratitude as if Luna found out she had done this it would leave her heart broken.

“She doesn’t deserve to live her second chance in the fear of being feared by others” the doctor walked to the wall surrounding the city and spread his wing ready for the flight back “I’m going to check on Luna, I’ll be back” showing off his incredible speed he shot off in the direction of ponyville and in mere minutes landed (Crashed) in front of Twilight's house leaving a descent sized crater at the door “oww, that hurt, it seems I need to work on that landing” now racing into the TARDIS he entered the zero room to see Luna sleeping peacefully now with her colour fully returned “thanks old girl for taking care of her” the TARDIS discreet humming changed tone as a response to it lifelong owner and friend.

Returning from canterlot the mane 6 returned to their homes and ready to go back to daily life’s, however The Doctor never came back with Luna causing Celestia to worry more and more asking twilight to check on her upon her return and she was definitely surprised to say the least, before opening her front door Twilight could hear laughter opening the door she saw on the couch the Princess and The Doctor laughing their faces off and in the chaos The Doctor noticed his purple friend at the door (after falling off the couch of course).

“Twilight I was just telling Luna about the time that I crashed onto a snow covered planet and in the process angered a Huge Bear like beast and ran away nearly wetting myself in the process” continuing with the laughter Twilight giggled a little herself happy that the princess was well again.

“Well I just came to say that Celestia is still a bit worried it would make sense to release her of the stress” getting up from the couch Luna walked over to twilight and to the door with a happy smile on her face.

“Yea I suppose you’re right, I mean I would also be worried if Celestia was hit by the debris instead of me. Its just sad that I could not help any ponyelse during the earthquake” Twilight was confused there was no earthquake, was it possible she is suffering from amnesia from the affects of the virus “thank you again Doctor you have been a great help” giving off a small wave and a smile The Doctor said his goodbyes and Luna disappeared using her magic.

“Doctor, does she not remember” The Doctor still with a small smile shook his head as an answer to his friends question.

“No, before she woke up I wiped all memory of the incident from her mind and explained when she woke up that an earthquake had struck causing the structure of the Castle to break apart and she was hit by debris after helping save a couple of ponies, I also sent a letter just a few minutes ago to Celestia to never speak of it again, she should be done explaining it to her subjects by now” Twilight’s relive was turned to anger as The Doctor had messed with someone’s memories without permission and (as she thought) without experience in doing so.

“Doctor that was reckless!” now confused The Doctor got up himself not knowing what Twilight was on about.

“What was?” he said cocking his head a bit.

“You can’t just use the elements of harmony play with someone’s memories like that and you may be able to fly perfectly now but you still know little about magic especially alicorn, you could of seriously damaged her mind” Twilight had believed that The Doctor had used the element of harmony that gave him the power of an alicorn to alter Luna’s memory but she was the one at fault and The Doctor’s atmosphere was dulled once again like it did when Rainbow confronted him about his ability to fly.

“Yes, your right I don’t know much about alicorns but I didn’t use the Element” Twilight and The Doctor were prone to argue but over little things, this was a battle that had never been considered.

“What do you mean by that?” Twilight asked wanting to see what kind of explanation her lodger could give.

“This isn't the first time I've altered someone’s memory and I didn’t use the element because I didn’t use magic and I know a lot more about the mind than you do, Twilight if you want to continue arguing about the method then listen to the reason!, she lived for 1000 years alone and upon her return she was feared and when we stopped her dark side and brought Luna back she was still afraid and alone, imagine if she knew she was the cause even unintentionally of the events that have occurred today” Twilight now could see where he was going and felt sorry for doubting her best friend.

“I…I, She” as she too like Rainbow was beginning to tear up over her misjudgment The Doctor walked over and hugged the Purple unicorn.

“She would have felt even more detached and lonely, we are her only friends and even still we don’t see her that often did you see her face when you walked thought that door that was probably the first time she laughed that hard for a millennia and I forgive you Twi for questioning my actions as you were also concerned for her health but let’s just be glad that she is now happy that she has friends that she can rely on ok” now braking off from the hug The Doctor dried off some of Twilight’s tears and Spike walked in not knowing what was going on.

“Hey guys, what I miss”

Next time on DW: Equestrian Chronicles
Trixie: I am the great and powerful Trixie and anything you can do I can do 3 times better
Doctor: bet you can’t go back in time and say hello to your self
Future Doctor: Yea, that I’ll be the day
Apple Jack: Sweet Celestia there’s two of them
GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE VS THE LAST SON OF GALLIFREY
COURIER: I found this chapter very good, please review and give me any feedback on what could be improved or about your thoughts on episode 4. Any way thanks and have fun you guys