• Published 16th Jun 2014
  • 364 Views, 1 Comments

Phase One or Never Stop Believing - Swimmingly



Rainbow Dash recounts her life, and all the achievements she won and failures she's made.

  • ...
 1
 364

Intro

Introduction

Once, a long time ago I would've told any who asked me for advice to "never stop believing" whether that in be in faith or a possibility or even oneself but to none the less never stop believing.

When all the fans asked me how I had achieved all the great stuff I had, I always spouted the same cheesy line; don't stop believing, see to me that was like my mantra or something despite how cheesy or cliché it may be.

And in doing that, in never giving up and always believing I like to think I inspired some ponies to do the same. I would always cherish the moments later on in my career when a new professional athlete or some inventor would write me or straight up tell me that I inspired them. Even when those ponies were interviewed on TV and they said I inspired them, it's a great feeling can't even describe it.

But the point is I had based my career on faith, on an idea of perseverance. Which was probably not the smartest thing I ever did, and trust me if you knew me you'd seen that I'd done some straight up dumb stuff before. Like really dumb, But the reason it dumb was not because my catchphrase could some up personality, no it was a dumb idea because once I'd stopped believing... Well let's just say it complicated things.

In those early days of flying around doing basic tricks, yelling about how I was going to be a Wonderbolt one day, see I knew I mean I really knew deep down even then a filly that as long as I never gave up, I kept on believing that eventually I would succeed.

And guess what, I did well for a while. But that's not the point, the point is that faith is powerful. And I had faith I believed that I would join the Wonderbolta one day. Of course I would get in, I'd been called the best flier in Equestria countless times.

But I, Rainbow Dash succeeded because I believed.

Guess I should start from the beginning, Well I'm sure a lot of you out there think you know a lot about me from all that elements of harmony talk. Well in a sense you do know a bit about me, like you know about my loyalty and hotheadedness which is really only a small part of my personality.