• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 430 Views, 1 Comments

Spirit of the Wild - Dynomation



The wild is untaimable so imagaine it spirit!

  • ...
9
 1
 430

Chapter 1: The Hive No More

The changeling hive bustled with activity, each drone and solider moving towards the outer wall of the hive, whilst the civilian and reproducing changeling`s where lead into the bunkers by a small fraction of the changelings soldiers.

Queen Chrysalis ordered the commanding generals into place, the enemy their where face was passed down in legions from the before the dark time of Discord region.
Chrysalis had seen this creature before, it had defeated an inter Griffin army by itself, given many names by many races;

To the griffins it was the Mountain Mover,
To the ponies it was the spirit of the wild,
To the Minotaurs it was the Beast,

But to her people, it was far worse than anything it had done, to any other the other races.

Sure the griffins had the recorded worst, with a whole city trapped by a mountain through at the city, but the changeling had the blunt of the rage, to them it was DEATH!

“Stay strong!” she barked down the battlements, all the guard had dark blue armour covering their grey exoskeletons.

Chrysalis ready her magic, the brawler soldiers stood on the ground each 7 feet tall with their muscle mass making them incapable of flight, in ceremony they wings wouldbe removed from them as they were useless to them.

The large magically reinforced iron door, vibrated with a hard impact, followed by another with a circular dent forming in the door.

“Steady!” order a general from the changeling frontlines.

Another crash as another dent formed in the door, with a cold metal clang vibrating off the door.

“Aim!” barked the general.

The third and final strike of shot the door of it hinges sending it flying over the court yard with dust pumps covering the creature known as ‘Death’.

The only thing visible was a pair of glowing red eyes, with concentrated rage flowing like dark magic.

“FIRE!!!” shouted the general, all the changelings fired green death beams at the creature, all of them stopped after a minute, dust still pumping up from the ground.

Chrysalis stood, she was about to order a retreat when something blacked out the sun.

A brawler landed near her position on the battlements, screams of dying changelings echoed up from the courtyard ground. A plum of dust obscured everything 20 feet about the ground.

Peering hard into the dust a figure could be seen, too much dust obscured detail, with every other changeling cowering behind the battlements the crimson eyes looked up.

Chrysalis didn`t waste time, the guards will deal with this monster as she made her retreat, a cry on pain when through the air as all the changelings charged the beast in the pit.

Closing the large blast door behind her Chrysalis sprinted for the throne room, ‘death’ would be upon her if she didn`t move fast enough.

The dark green and black of the walls made every entrance nearly impossible to find to the untrained eye.

But Chrysalis had learnt this the hard way, ‘Death’ does not need it`s eyes to kill, only one of its senses and your dead!
She had spent a thousand years in anticipation of when ‘Death’ finally reared his snout, in all of the plans she`d ever through off, it could… no it would always win.

Finally reaching the throne room, Chrysalis made the next step in evacuation of the hive, “Being teleporting the civilians!” she order down a series of tubes and holes to the civilians below.

‘Death’ can find you if you run, if you teleport it gives you longer to make plans, something Chrysalis had learnt the hard way, her mother didn`t teleport to safety, she died within a week of running.

Changeling drones ran toward the large shadow covered figure with spears, all of them were thrown against walls and ceiling by a large silver tipped club like object.

He could smell her, Chrysalis knew it, only a few more civilians to evacuate then she would teleport to the new hive, changelings always have a spare hive, but now with Celestia against them, they had only the one, meaning she would have to go to someone to help them finally get rid of the monster killing her subjects.

A large thud as foot or hoof steps echoed down the hall.

No changeling knew what ‘Death’ looked like, if they see him they will die, that is a fact lasting back 3 thousand years, to the first changeling to break away from ponies.

“All civilians evacuated your majesty!” came a changeling general.

Chrysalis swallowed hard, “Go, get all un-hatched solider you can, I want an army by this time next week!” she bellowed.

Chrysalis had an image to maintain, only a few knew of her softer side, none of her generals where informed that she through about anything other than war and domination.

“Yes your majesty!” the voice replied.

A garbled scream echoed down the corridor to the throne room, Chrysalis had one last thing to do before she left, grab the historic records from under the throne.

Held in the royal family to keep all of the changeling’s history, and Chrysalis was only the second queen in the changelings 3 thousand year history, she wasn`t about to let her mother tradition stop here and now!

Another scream came but this time from the pipes and intercoms of the changeling throne room, soldier and pupa`s splattering underneath something, and a deep primal growl.

Chrysalis hurried grabbing her royal battle armour, again an earlobe from her late mother, Chrysalis had modified it, so inside of the sickly yellow colour of her mother hair it was inside the vivid green of her hair.

Placing the records in a large leather pouch on her sides Chrysalis ready the spell to leave, then a small voice echoed behind her.

"Mummy what goi"- her daughter voice was muffled by a roar and the throne room doors exploding in on itself.

Chrysalis tried to stop the spell and reach her daughter, she vanished a few centimetres away from her.

Princess Love Lust the only changeling left in the hive, looked at the face of ‘Death’. She fainted on the spot.

Chrysalis finished talking, she had just retold all the necessary events to Princess Celestia.

Celestia, had a hard look, one of hatred on her face, not for the Changeling Queen but for ‘Death’.
“Chrysalis” she finally spoke “I will help you deal with ‘Death’ in return I want you and the changelings, to ally yourself with Equestria” said Celestia

Celestia was a smart diplomat, Chrysalis knew that, and also the only help she was ever likely to get “Yes I agree to your terms” blurted Chrysalis.

Celestia put a hoof on her shoulder, “I know you’re worried about your daughter, I can promise you that when we find this creature, you will have justice! I promise” Said Celestia firmly.

A trail of circular prints lay in the dust of the Bad Lands, beside them small oddly shaped tracks, both of them headed in the same direction.

Towards Equestria.

Author's Note:

A story with about 3 interlinking subplots if I get everything working.

the reason for this story is simple, why does Equestria not have any wilderness?

please leave some comments