• Published 19th May 2014
  • 727 Views, 9 Comments

An Unexpected Somepony - dudephat



I end up in Equestria as a pony. I also find a special somepony.

  • ...
13
 9
 727

Getting Some Sleep

Rainbow Dash and I left Twilight's treehouse, ready to head to her place, which was fine by me, because I needed some sleep. I was still trying to get used to being a pony. Walking on all fours wasn't a problem, I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I was now a pony. I'm still having trouble believing that this is actually happening! While we were walking, she was asking me all sorts of questions, about my life back home, what being a human was like, and all sorts of questions like that.

Rainbow Dash stopped walking, and I almost walked right into her. "Hey, watch it!", she said, turning around.

"Sorry", I said sheepishly.

"Ah, it's fine.", she said, smiling. "So, I'm gonna fly you up there", she said pointing up at, what appeared to be a cloud, but what was obviously was her place. I wasn't really able to see it that well from where I was standing.

"How do I know you're not gonna drop me by accident?", I asked her, though, I was joking, as I had watched the show, and seen that she was a very good flier, so I was just kidding her.

She gave me a look of disbelief. "You mean you've never heard of Rainbow Dash? The pegasus who won the Best Young Flier competition?", she asked me, pointing at herself, obviously indicating that she was the winner of the Best Young Flier competition. I was trying to hold back laughter, but I've never been good at that.

"What?", she demanded to know, after I had started laughing.

"I know who you are. I know you were the winner of the Best Young Fliers competition, I was pranking you", I said, laughing the entire time, which probably made it difficult for her to understand what I was saying.

"Oh. Heh, that's a good one. You got me good, Cobalt!", she said, falling over, laughing. We both laughed for a while, and then we got back up, and she got ready to fly me up to her place.

"You ready, Cobalt?", she asked me, grabbing on to me, and I got on her back, ready to fly.

"Yep. Just remember, if anything goes wrong, I'm blaming it all on you.", I told her, repeating what I had said earlier.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Nothing's gonna go wrong, I'm the best flier in all of Ponyville, no, scratch that, best in all of Equestria!", she said, taking off.

I used to have a fear of heights. I don't now, but this was pretty damn high. Being a pegasus now, I can't really have a fear of heights, that kind of makes it pointless to be a pegasus. She flew higher and higher, until I was able to see what her place looked like. It had a lot of architecture that reminded me of what I had seen of Greek architecture.

"Nice place", I said, taking in the rainbow coming off of the top of it, and looking all around. It was a pretty big place. I gotta say, it was a pretty nice place.

She smiled as we landed on a cloud. I was a bit skeptical that I wouldn't fall through the cloud, but I landed on it, and I didn't fall through it, so I guess I didn't have to worry about that.

We walked into her place, and I admired everything about it, there was more of the greek-style architecture that I really like, it was very big on the inside, possibly bigger on the inside, light blue, and rainbows everywhere. It was, overall, a pretty sweet looking house.

I looked at Rainbow Dash. "So, where am I gonna be sleeping?"

She looked around, obviously not prepared to have someone over. "Erm, you can sleep in my bed?" She said "I usually sleep on a cloud, anyway. They're better for sleeping on than a regular mattress."

I nodded, thankful. I was definitely going to need lots of sleep after today. I woke up in Equestria, not remembering any of my past, was now a pony, and there was some sort of mystery involving me and what I'd end up doing in the future. I still wasn't sure what Twilight had meant. Was I going to be some sort of evil pony in the future? I laughed. That was impossible. I thanked Rainbow Dash, then told her I was going to catch some shut-eye. She said that she was feeling tired, too, and she flew up, and she curled up in a cloud, and started to go to sleep. I went over to the bed, and laid down. I wasn't able to get to sleep right away, and I was still troubled over what Twilight said. I thought about it for a while. I came up with a million different theories, but each of them I discarded, almost as soon as I came up with them. I just couldn't figure it out. After a while of this, I eventually became tired. I figure that all that thinking must've tired me out. I remember thinking that maybe Twilight's just crazy. I then fell into a deep sleep, as darkness overcame me. I also had a rather weird dream.