• Published 17th May 2014
  • 2,089 Views, 12 Comments

Twilight's Love Story: Part Two - Derpyforever



Twilight and Flash are now a couple and spend the next week together in the Crystal Empire, but will an unforeseen ending ruin it all?

  • ...
17
 12
 2,089

Chapter 6: Fluttertail

Chapter 6: Fluttertail

Dear Twilight,

I have decided to come by for a visit... well, more the animals forced me, thinking I need to get out.I will arrive about ten till noon, and, if you don't mind, I would like to stay with you for the night. I will leave in the morning.

See you soon,

Fluttershy.

Twilight finished reading the letter that delivered to her by a different-angled-crossed-eye, gray pony with a blond mane who disappeared as quickly as she appeared.

Twilight was glad that her friend was visiting, but then the thought that she might have been Flash's ex marefriend made her feel sick to her stomach. She slapped her self saying aloud, "What is wrong with you Twilight! You two are the best of friends, and what happen was over thirteen years ago. Way before you knew each other." Twilight shook her head and pushed her jealously into the back of her mind, but it waits, waiting for the moment to strike again.

Twilight looked at the time and saw that she had a good hour before Fluttershy arrived, so she decided to go and take a look at the shops around town before she went to go see her.

Twilight walked around central square for about thirty minutes, trying to find something interesting, until she saw a big sign above a few shiny windows. It read 'Grand Opening of Tailing Books'. "Books," Twilight exclaimed cheerfully, then entered the store and gasped. It was amazing... well at least to her. There were all sorts of books each about any kind of subject. She saw some foals sitting around an elderly pony who was reading them a story. She even saw a place where you can submit ideas for writing a story. She walked around slowly, thinking that she may have died and gone to the great stable in the sky, until she bumped into a pony, making him drop the stack of unreasonably large amount of books he was balancing on his back.

"Ohh I'm so sorry sir, I wasn't paying attention to where I was..." she stopped when she saw who she bumped into, "Comet!? What are you doing here at the Crystal Empire?"

Comet Tail was faded yellow unicorn, with a same amount of faded blue mane. Twilight bacame friends with him back in Ponyville, but then he started having feelings for Twilight. When he finnaly admitted it, however, she told him that she wasn't looking for a relationship. Things got awkward after that, and soon there friendship faded as they made separate ways.

"Ohh... hey Twilight," Comet said awkwardly, "I live here now. In fact, I own this store. What are you doing here?"

"Ohh... Uhh... Just visiting my coltfriend," she said nervously. Twilight remembered how harshly she rejected Comet's affection. She didn't mean to be rude, but somehow came off as if she took his feelings, crumpled it into a ball, then threw it out the window.

"I see," he said, but Twilight couldn't tell if he was angry or not, "and who might that be?"

"Umm... Flash Sentry."

"Well, it was nice running into you, I guess," he made a gesture to the books on the ground, "but I got work to finish up. I have lunch in about half an hour and I don't want to miss it." He levitated some of the books up with his horn.

"Here, let me help," she said lifting the rest, "to tell you the truth, I kind of miss this."

"Miss what?"

"Being a librarian instead of a princess. I guess we have been apart for a while."

"Well... Would you mind joining me for lunch... not as a date, just friends."

"I... I guess that's alri... no wait, I got to pick up Fluttershy at the train station soon."

"How about I come with you then, I would like to meet your friend."

"Alright, just as long as it doesn't take too long. I have to meet Flash at one."

"Alright, let's go. Watch the shop while I'm gone, Granny," Comet told the elder pony reading.

"Ok sonny," she called.

The two ponies came upon the station when the train arrived. They looked around and saw Fluttershy step onto the platform. Twilight called her name while waving her hoof, trying to get her attention.

"Hey Twilight," Fluttershy said upon approaching Twilight, but stopped when she saw Comet. She felt a little weird when she saw him, all warm and fuzzy. She notice she was blushing and quickly stopped, hoping nopony noticed. "W-who is this."

"An old friend of mine," she said.

"H-hi," Comet said, he wasn't focused though, he just stood there staring at Fluttershy, "M-my names Comet... Comet Tail"

"I'm... Fluttershy," she said barley audible.

"And I'm Twilight," Twilight said sarcastically, "Come on Fluttershy, we got to get to the castle quickly, I got to get ready to meet Flash."

But Fluttershy didn't listen, she was just stood there, staring into Comet's eyes as he stared back. Twilight looked at her, then looked at Comet, then back again. It took a moment, but she realized the connection, and then smiled.

"Hey Comet," Twilight said, "Didn't you say your break was right about now?"

"Uh-huh," Comet replied, although he wasn't paying much attention.

"Well, why don't you and Fluttershy go together."

Fluttershy realized what Twilight ment and snapped out of it.

"Oh no Twilight," Fluttershy said, "I couldn't leave you all alone. Who will help you with my bags?"

"I got it," she replied, lifting all of them at once. "You two can go. Like I said, I need to go home and get ready for Flash. Besides, you two look so cute together," she added with a wink. Fluttershy and Comet both went red, but then Comet nervously said, "would you like to join me Fluttershy?"

"I-I guess that would be nice," Fluttershy gave a smile, going weak at all four of her knees.

"Great," Twilight exclaimed, "see you later Fluttershy." With that, she headed back to the castle as Fluttershy and Comet headed into town, both blushing fiercely as they made there way to a little restaurant. Twilight looked back at them for a moment and smiled. 'Good job Fluttershy,' she thought, 'it looks like you gained a coltfriend. I guess your feelings for Flash are gone. Then, I forgive you.'

"Hey Flash, sorry I'm a bit late," Twilight said when she met up with him.

"It's alright, but where were you?"

"Ohh just helping a couple of friends."

"Who?"

"Comet and Fluttershy."

"Ohh... wait... Fluttershy is here?!"

(To Be Continued...)