• Published 17th May 2014
  • 2,090 Views, 12 Comments

Twilight's Love Story: Part Two - Derpyforever



Twilight and Flash are now a couple and spend the next week together in the Crystal Empire, but will an unforeseen ending ruin it all?

  • ...
17
 12
 2,090

Chapter 5: Four's a Party

Chapter 5: Four's a Party

"Good evening Flash," Twilight said, meeting him at the park were they had there picnic date. She was wearing the plain dress that Rarity gave her for her birthday last year.

"Good evening Twilight, you are looking even more beautiful then I remember," Flash cooed.

"Why thank you," Twilight blushed, "so what are we doing tonight?"

"I was thinking a stroll around the park's pond," Flash answered, "it reflects the moonlight perfectly at this hour."

"Sounds romantic," Twilight sighed.

"It sure does," said a voice sternly from behind her. It was Prince Shining with Princess Cadance.

"Ohh... what are you two doing here," Twilight said.

"Well, Cadance and I wanted a little husband and wife time, and since your dating," Shining got a bad taste in his mouth, "him, I thought we could have a double date."

"Really," Twilight said suspiciously, "that's the only reason."

"Yes."

"Alright... I guess that's fine, if it is alright with you Flash."

"It's alright with me," Flash replied.

"Good," Shining said, "well then Flash, lead the way."

Flash led everypony to the pond, and he was right. The pond caught the moonlight perfectly to were it looked as if the moon was dancing on the water as the stars joined in, really putting on a show.

"It's so beautiful Flash," Twilight said, then started to lean on him.

"I think it's beautiful too, Twi," Shining said.

Twilight eyes widen as she looked up and saw she was leaning on her brother, with Flash standing, both awkwardly and nervously, on the other side.

"Shining," Cadance sighed with disapproval.

"What?! I can't enjoy the company of my little sister," Shining defended.

"Not if she is trying to spend time with her coltfriend," Cadance frowned.

"Umm, excuse me your highnesses, but I brought a picnic if anypony doesn't mind," Flash said, then pulled out a small basket and blanket.

"Ohh, how nice of you," Cadance said, "and please, call me Cadance."

"And you can call me sir," Shining said strictly. Cadance shot him a look and he responded by making a face at her.

"Well, it's nothing too special, just a couple of sandwiches. I didn't expect any company, so I only made two for me and Twilight, but you two can share my sandwich," Flash offered.

"That's very kind of you Flash," Cadance said, "but Shining and I already ate, thanks for the offer, but there is no need."

"Yeah, just remember to pack more sandwiches next time, or you might not be so lucky," Shining threaten.

"Yes sir," Flash gulped.

"Shining," Twilight started to exclaim, but stopped when she saw Cadance behind him, shaking her head and giving the "cut" signal with her hooves in front of her neck.

"Yes Twi," Shining asked.

"Uhh... I think I dropped something in the grass on our way here. Do you mind helping me look for it, Cadance," Twilight said.

"Sure," Cadanc replied.

They got up and left Shining closely watching a nervous Flash, who promised in his mind that if he got out of this alive, as Princess Celestia as his witness, he would never fight with his siblings again.

"Alright Cadance, what is going on with Shining? He is being a little more overprotective then usual," Twilight yelled quietly.

"Ohh he just got a lot on his mind right now," Cadance said, but didn't sound too confident in what she said.

"Cadance, truth, now!"

"Fine, but this I just between you and me, got it?"

"Yes."

"You see, he has been tense ever since we found out something is going to happen in several months."

"Are Changelings going to invade?!"

"Well... you can say somepony will invade our life..."

"Is there some sort of love triangle going on that I am unaware of?"

"No... but he is loving a different pony..."

"Ok Cadance, quit with the metaphors, what is going on?!"

"You see, Twilight, I'm... pregnant."

"Ohh," (Really Twilight; you are the smartest one and it is still taking you this long to process this), "wait a minute... your PREGNANT!" (There we go).

"Yeah."

"Ohh my goodness, I'm going to be an aunt! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well, Shining wanted it to be a surprise when he announces it a couple of days from now. That is why you got to keep it just between us ok."

"Alright, I just can't believe it, I'm going to be an aunt."

They headed back to Shining and, still alive, Flash. The rest of the evening mostly went on uneventful. Flash did a magic tricks with a bunny, instantly winning the hearts of Cadance and Twilight. Then did a few card tricks that even Shining admit were interesting, and, maybe it was then trick of light, but Flash even thought he saw him smile in awe.

"I think Shining is starting to hate you less," Twilight chuckled to Flash when Cadance and Shining left to go home, leaving Flash and Twilight alone.

"That is the nicest thing you could ever say to me Twilight," Flash laughed.

"You're welcome," Twilight smiled.

"How about I return the favor," Flash grinned, then kissed her briefly on the lips.

When they broke apart, they were both blushing fiercely, then kissed again much deeper. Afterwards, they snuggled the night away under the beautiful moonlight.

(To Be Continued...)