• Published 19th May 2014
  • 2,517 Views, 22 Comments

My New Life? - Dj8996



I'm basically going about my day, until i get sucked into a portal leading to Equestria, waking up along the edge of a lake near Ponyville.

  • ...
3
 22
 2,517

Chapter 2

I woke up once more, much groggier than last time, and I felt a strong wave of nausea hit me as well. I opened my eyes, and looked around me once more. One thing’s for sure; I was definitely not outside anymore. I was inside what looked to be a hospital room. The walls were a light shade of blue, the base lined with wood, and there appeared to be a brightly colored curtain surrounding the bed I was in.

“Wait a minute, a bed?” I turned my head slightly, now coming to realize that I was lying in a wooden framed bed, with a purple blanket covering me up to my neck. I felt an odd sensation of comfort mixed with fear.

Soon enough, all the events that happened previously, had come rushing back into my memory. I thought to myself for a little bit, pondering my thoughts within the near dead silence of the room.

“If I’m a, pony...” I thought, letting out a small sigh as I rested my head back into the pillow, “then that means, I have to be in Ponyvil-“ I was cut off, by the door at the other end of the room, opening abruptly, causing me to practically fall out of the bed from surprise.

After the door had opened, a pony had stepped in, shutting the door behind him with his rear leg. He was orange, and was wearing a white lab coat, with a stethoscope hanging around the base of his neck. He averted his attention to me, and my eyes widened a little bit, and my expression dropped, the thought of ‘what the fuck’ still flowing like a river throughout my mind.

“Ahh, you’re finally awake.” He then said, as he was approaching me from the side of the bed, my eyes following him, briefly glancing at the machines to my left, whilst hearing the occasional ‘beep’.

“Yes, one of the staff found you not too long ago, passed out by the lake not too far from here” He said, looking out the window to my right for a brief moment, my eyes followed.

“We don’t know what could’ve happened to cause such a thing, but nevertheless, you should be back on your hooves in no time.” He said, giving me a reassuring smile, as he trotted back out of the room, leaving me in that same silence as before.

“What…?” Was the only thing I could think of at the moment, after that had happened.

Despite what the doctor had said not moments ago, I’d felt very uncomfortable in hospitals (whether it be for humans, or for ponies), so I just wanted to be out of here really soon. The next thought that occurs to me, for the millionth time, is how in the hell I got here. One minute I was walking outside my house, taking a little mid-night stroll, the next minute, this!

I propped my upper body against the headboard of the bed, and observed myself once again. After a few minutes of trying to get accustomed to this new pony body, I realized I had wings!

“Awwwww, hell yeah,” I thought to myself, gazing upon them for a solid few minutes, trying to figure out how to move them to begin with. Eventually though, my initial feelings of confusion, and shock, wore off. At this point, I was just wondering what my next move would be, that is, once I’m out of this bed.

I eventually tried to sit up on the bed, and stand on the floor, only to fall flat on my face, not making too much noise thankfully. After a good half hour of wandering the small room, trying to get accustomed to walking on all fours, I tried flapping my wings, but that led to no success, so I just left that part alone for the time being.

Over the next hour, I paced the room, my initial wonder of my new body, now partially faded, and replaced with boredom. I trotted over to the open window near my bed, and stared out of it for a little while, my head aimed skyward, in fascination. There were so many stars in the sky, that I lost count, not to mention the immense size of the moon, which was hanging low in the sky, casting its luminescent light across the buildings in the distance.

Not a moment too soon, the same orange, lab coat-wearing pony walked in, as my head was resting on the window sill. I turned around, and he looked at me with somewhat tired eyes.

“Well, it’s been a few hours; do you think you’re ready to head out now?” He said quietly.

I was about to say ‘yes’, until I realized, where will I go? After a few seconds of thinking, I dropped down from the window sill, and replied to his question.

“Actually, Doc, do you think I could just sleep in for just tonight?” I said, yawning momentarily. He put his hoof up to his chin for a moment, and replied.

“Well, I don’t see how that could a problem, so sure, go right ahead,” He said, now trotting out the room once more. Before shutting the door behind him, I heard a brief, “’Night,” before the door clicked shut.

Despite my new-found excitement, I actually was really tired, so I climbed back into the bed, which was now much cooler in temperature. I pulled the blanket halfway over me, and shut my eyes, laying my head back into the pillow, letting in the sound of the breeze flowing in through the open window. Before I knew it, I had fallen fast asleep.

I woke up once more, this time; I was in the forest, and from the looks of it, at the edge of a dense forest. I looked around me, wondering whether this was a dream or not, as I was turning my head in circles, scanning my environment.

In a moment’s notice, I heard the sound of footsteps immediately behind me. I spun in a 180, only to be greeted by a dark blue colored mare, with a glowing blue, luminescent mane. I knew off the top of my head, that that was Princess Luna (which fermented the fact that I was dreaming), but I said, and thought nothing of it.

“I am Princess Luna, guardian of the night” She said, with an intimidating stare, yet I could sense something else in her voice.

“It is my duty, to come into pony’s dreams, and watch over them,” She said with a more calmed tone this time.

“I have never seen you before, nor have even known of your existence, until not too long ago,” I think she might’ve been referring to the part where I woke up next to the lake, just before blacking out again that is.

“I have but one question for you,” Said Luna, now approaching me slowly, “Who are you, and how did you get here?”

I was now freaking out a little bit, not sure how to respond. In that moment, I remembered how back in my home world, I was an avid lucid dreamer, so I knew the ins and outs of this sort of stuff. She stood there, her body, remaining still and patient. I really did not want to answer that question, because for one, if I thoroughly explained everything, she wouldn’t even believe me to begin with. In that moment, with my eyes still open, I strongly visualized myself lying in bed, and I immediately felt my body sink in, the environment around me, immediately swirling to blackness, including Luna, who was now fading way at this point, her voice becoming inaudible.

I then woke up, my torso flying into a vertical position from the bed. My breathing was heavy for a short minute.

“Thank you lucid dreaming skills,” I thought to myself in partial relief, not being sure whether I had just dodged a bullet, or had provoked more fire.

Author's Note:

Next chapter will be done shortly.