• Published 13th May 2014
  • 1,014 Views, 14 Comments

Discord Vs Maud - Natura



Discord and Maud are perhaps the two strangest Characters one could come across. One is a insane chaos wielding prankster while the other takes after her passion of rocks and remains stoney faced at anything. What happens when chaos meets control?

  • ...
4
 14
 1,014

Twilight's Little Mistake

The air around Discord and Maud buzzed with life as the mismatched duo made their way down the path from the EverFree. Maud sighed like she had done so many times today. All she really wanted was a peaceful day with her sister, But no she was stuck with the Draconequus king of chaos. Deciding to voice her opinions she turned to Discord.

“Perhaps we should just go and wait at the bakery, I would prefer to refrain from getting into trouble again” Maud sighed yet again and looked to the ground.

“Don’t tell me little fibs Maud I know you enjoyed yourself” Retorted Discord. “How could you not when in the presence of Moi?”

Maud flashed him an annoyed look as they rounded a corner. Ponyville finally came into view. Visible as a sprawling utopia of happiness and sunshine. “Better than that forest” Thought Maud. The pair made their way to the entrance of ponyville. The duo attracted a lot of attention while passing through the town, mainly due to their escapades earlier. Many ponies had not come close to becoming comfortable in Discord’s presence. His crazy antics and pranks did not help that fact. Now with the tales of their quest of annoyance spread through the town they openly looked at him in fear and shied away from him. Discord loving the attention had to take advantage. He fake lunged at anyone nearby once in a while. Effectively giving free heart attacks as he went by.

Maud simply watched as they walked not even bothering to stop Discord. She couldn't really do much anyway. “Well,Well what do we have here?”Discord said with a distinctly evil tone. Maud followed his line of sight to Twilight’s tree house, The afternoon sun refracted perfectly through the branches and made it look like it was crafted purely by magic, which ironically it was.

“I know who we haven’t messed with today!” Exclaimed Discord.

“Do you really think it’s a good idea to annoy the princesses star student” Maud asked raising an eyebrow.

“Yes” Came Discord’s short reply.



“Alright Spike Starswirl’s magical theorem advanced workings of the stars should go on the top left shelf at the back” Twilight ordered reading from a list.

“Yep” Spike replied grabbing a ladder. Spike did love Twilight as if she was his own sister but she could really annoy him sometimes. Today was perfect not a cloud in sight and Twilight insisted he help her reorganise her books for the third time this week. True Princess Celestia was visiting tomorrow but she could let him take a break! She had to bribe him with gems to get him to do it. “Should be illegal doing that” Spike thought.

“What a waste of a good day” Spike muttered under his breath.

“What was that Spike?” Twilight asked looking up from her notes.

“Oh nothing just talking to myself, yep thats all!” Spike said with a fake happy countenance.

Twilight had grown up with Spike she knew better than anyone when he was lying. Sighing she rose and approached him from behind. “Maybe I’ve been working him to hard he is only a baby dragon” She thought.

“Spike listen I know I’m being very annoying at the moment but once the visit by the Princess is over I’ll be less of a grouch” She said with a grin.

Spike stifled a smile she knew just what to say to get him to feel better.

“I don’t know, I think some compensation is deserved for this behaviour, preferably sapphires” Spike said with an open grin.

“I think you do deserve them, I’m sorry Spike you must be pretty ticked off with me keeping you inside all day” Twilight said with a sheepish smile.

“Thanks Twi” Spike said hugging her legs. Twilight hugged him back and they shared a little moment of sibling love.

“Though I wouldn't mind something to make this day more exciting” Spike added.



Oh how he would come to regret those words.



Just as the touching moment between Spike and Twilight was about to end, The door to the library suddenly burst open. Doves flew around the room and a great symphony of music started to play from seemingly nowhere. Discord slid into the library bowing to an imaginary audience as he did so. A couple of minutes later Maud followed looking decidedly frazzled.

“Thank you for your warm welcome mares and gentle stallions” Discord said finishing off his slide looking expectantly at Twilight and Spike. All he got was an annoyed glare and a tired sigh. “Seriously, I thought it was just her!” Discord motioned to Maud.” But all the ponies in this town seem to hate fun, Including the resident dragon of course” Discord added.

“Look Discord while Maud is always welcome here you I cannot trust, I’ve heard of your little adventures around town and you need to stop it!” Twilight fumed pointing at Discord with a hoof.

“What,me?” Discord said in mock shock. “But I’m reformed now, you can’t be so prejudiced on rumours my dear, I’ll have you know those friends of yours have hurt me far more then I hurt them”

“Alright Fine you're allowed in, But one hint of chaos and your rump will be over the fireplace!”

“So much of your mother’s fiery passion in you” Discord remarked as Twilight turned away.

“WHAT!” Twilight shouted as she wheeled back around.

“Nothing dear Twilight” Discord said slowly turning away with a smirk.

With almost literal steam flowing from her ears Twilight took one last glare at Discord before going back to studying. Spike and Maud gave each other a look that needed no explanation and they both turned back towards their partners.

Maud now completely used to Discord made no comment on what he had just said. Instead she decided to get to the point and ask the direct question “ So what are you going to do here?”

“Wait” Discord’s vague response came after a couple of seconds.

“If you wouldn't mind a little more explanation please Discord”

“Something will happen don’t you worry” Discord replied not turning his attention from the book he was holding called “Draconequus an innate guide to their powers and ministrations” Conjuring a reading chair suitable to his size he sat down and began to read paying no attention to Maud.

Maud just sighed and turned away unable to explain Discord’s sudden change in behaviour. He was so erratic it wouldn't surprise her if he was bi-polar.

After a couple of minutes searching for a good book Discord’s words came true as Spike’s cheeks suddenly bulged and he released a gout of green fire and a scroll bearing the personal insignia of the royal sisters. Maud looked up to the sound but Discord merely kept reading.

“ Twilight letter” Spike said snapping Twilight out of her study trance.

“Thanks spike” Twilight said grabbing the scroll with her magic she undid the ribbon binding it and began to read.

My faithful student

I apologise for the shortness and bluntness of this letter but It seems the unthinkable as happened. The event only known as “Cake” has occurred. I know only you and Luna know of the power this could hold if the secret of this operation ever fell into other hoofs. The sources indicate it came from sweet apple acres less than ten minutes ago. I need you to find whomever heard of this and wipe their memories of the incident! Hurry my student because time is of the essence.

Your ever loving mentor
Princess Celestia


“So… what is it” Spike motioned a claw to tell Twilight to read it. Twilight did not respond for a bit but then she suddenly rose and made for the door. “Twilight wait what's happening is Canterlot in trouble?”

Twilight looked back and said “Yes Spike it is. Look after the library while I’m gone” Without further explanation for her odd actions she took off out the door.

“ I love it when a plan comes together” Discord thought grinning evilly.

Discord finally looked up from his book. “Bit rude not saying goodbye don’t you think?”

Spike wheeled around at Discord’s voice. “ Ugh great now I’m stuck here with you!” He moaned.

“What would I do?” Discord asked innocently as if he didn't know.

Spike sighed in frustration he was used to dealing with difficulty due to Twilight’s “little” freak outs, But this was already getting annoying. “Listen just don’t touch anything, if you want me to get you anything I’ll be over at Twilight’s desk. Spike walked off before Discord could reply and annoy him further.

“That doesn’t really help your predicament Discord, Spike will report to Twilight if you try anything” Maud said.

“You want to help?” Discord replied looking down at Maud.

“Just observe”

“Very well let me think then”

“Just one question”

“Yes?”

“What are you trying to do?”

“You’ll see” Discord turned away cutting off the conversation and thought for a moment.

“Got it!” He exclaimed suddenly with a snap of his talons to punctuate the speech.

Maud said nothing because she knew Discord’s plan would become apparent soon enough.

“Oh Spike I need your help!” Discord said in a mocking voice.

“What is it Discord” Spike huffed as he walked over.

“I completely forgot, But Rarity gave me this letter for you” Discord said.

“Really?” Spike said with hopeful eyes not even questioning why Rarity would give it to Discord.

“Oh yes” Discord nodded. “Hook, Line and sinker” He thought. Discord’s power luckily for him allowed him to procure a letter in Rarity’s hoof writing that she wished to see him immediately. “Here you go” Discord said with a straight face barely kept that way from how the dragon was so easy to manipulate.

“Oh wow I gotta get there!” Spike exclaimed happily not so much as glancing back at Discord and Maud as he ran out of the library.

“And that Maud is how you do it!” Discord said.

“Alright so you are now in control of Twilight’s library so now what?”

“ Now we have some fun!”




Maud had been waiting downstairs for ages. Discord was busy romping through Twilight’s personal book collection. She could also hear him muttering. “Well this can’t get weirder. Oh yes it could and as Maud was about to see it did.

A large bang from outside roused Maud out from her thoughtful state. So intrigued by the noise she failed to notice Discord had stopped muttering and talking to himself.

Reaching for the door handle Maud slowly pulled the door open and much like Pinkie was just experiencing saw pure chaos.

The whole square where the library was located was in total disarray. The first thing Maud noticed was something Pinkie did not. The moon that had once been Luna’s treasure had now been replaced with one that looked like a face. With beady red eyes and a mouth with dirty grey teeth. Not that Maud knew it was the moon from the Legend of Zelda. To.To her it looked like a demon from hell had replaced the moon. Tearing her attention from the demon moon she looked closer to the ground.

Most buildings around the library were either turned upside down or disfigured in some way. Ponies ran in all directions to get away as one particular house decided to start bouncing causing earth rattling shakes. The ground was also deformed and split open at regular intervals to catch ponies passing over the traps. Even more chaos became apparent as hundreds of animals from the Everfree including Manticores, Hydras , Swarms of parasprites and bunnies came through the town. Hell, Maud could even see the huge TimberWolf from earlier.

Slowly closing the door Maud turned around to see Discord walking down the stairs with a strange aura covering him as he grinned at her.

“What did you do!?” Maud finally snapped at him.

“Two things” Discord replied with that evil grin.” One I got a decent reaction out of you” He said punching the air in joy.

“And two?” Maud questioned cutting his celebration short.

“Two” Discord said suddenly stopping and looking her in the eye. Maud was slightly disturbed by the look in Discord’s eye, then he continued.

“Two, I’m having fun!”