• Published 4th Apr 2012
  • 575 Views, 3 Comments

Apples, Cherries, and Plums - Iammullet



Applejack tells Twilight of the story behind an outfit and what happened while at Dodge Junction

  • ...
 3
 575

Prologue

On a day like any other the sun rose to brighten the sky and let ponies know a new day had come. The first of the ponies to awake was the well known intellectual of the town and student to Princess Celestia herself, Twilight Sparkle. She flung open the door of her library and stepped out into the morning air. A cool morning breeze passes through her mane, it waving in the wind.

“After a long night of studying, this is just what the doctor ordered.”

She went back inside to fetch her belongings; Spike was asleep so she did this herself. She filled her saddle bag with parchment, some ink, and three quills, for those impromptu letters to her teacher. Closing the bag she made her way to the main streets of Ponyville to acquire supplies that she would need for tasks this week and food so she can snack while performing an all night study session.


Two hours had passed as she waved goodbye to Golden Harvest. Getting carrots was the last thing on her list of errands to run. On her back to her library she ran into one of her friends, Applejack. She had a large sack on her back as she walked by.

“Hey Applejack.”

“Well howdy there Twi, nice to see you.”

She responded with her large friendly grin she always has.

“Nice to see you too. Need any help with that?”

“Naw I got this, it’s only laundry anyways.

“Laundry? I didn’t know you had more clothes that your hat and your gala dress.”

“Yeah, it’s not much but it needs to be washed so I’m taking it to Rarity’s so she can clean it.

“Mind if I ask what exactly is in there?”

“How’s about I shows you what’s in it”

She throws the sack on the ground and opens it. Inside was the outfit Applejack wore while at Cherry Jubilee’s orchard. Looking closer in the bag Twilight then saw something unfamiliar to her. it was an outfit she had never seen Applejack wear before.

“Hey Applejack?”

“Yes?”

“What’s this one”

“Oh that one, well um...”

She paused and looked like she was having a hard time forming what she wanted to say.

“It has a story.”

Twilight, now confused as to what she meant.

“It has a story?”

“Uh yeah...”

She stood there for a few seconds before she let out a sigh and spoke up again.

“I got it while I spent that week in Dodge junction.”

“Did she make you wear that while you worked?”

“No...”

She looked down, Twilight could tell she was hiding something.

“Ya’ll never asked what happened while I was there so I never felt the need to tell, now I’m wishing I had told.”

“Did she make you do anything bad?

“Course not, just...”

Applejack looked around before turning to Twilight and speaking again.

“I feel that I should tell you what ya’ll missed while I was gone, I’ll come to the library after I get these washed.”

“What will you say if Rarity asks about it?”

“I was gonna tell her it belongs to a relative of mine at Appleoosa.”

Twilight nodded in response.


An hour had passed since their meeting in Ponyville, Twilight had sent Spike on an errand to Canterlot to keep him occupied. Twilight let out a sigh thinking that the preparations she had made were in vain till she heard a knocking on her door.

“Come in, it’s open.”

In walked her friend Applejack. Twilight addressed her when she came in

“You ready to talk or do you need a minute?”

“I think I’m ready.”