• Published 9th Jun 2014
  • 1,276 Views, 13 Comments

My Little Robot Unicorn: Running Is Magic - TheBackgroundBrony



One day in Equestria, a mysterious robot unicorn arrives. Baffled by this strange world, and pursued by a fiery rival, this confused robot tries to find help.

  • ...
2
 13
 1,276

Learning the Directions

"Backwards is like this," said Rainbow Dash. She stepped backwards.
"Cool!" gasped Runner in awe.
"Now you try," said Dash.
Runner stepped backwards.
"Yay! I went backwards!" she cried joyfully.
Dash turned to Twilight and said, "Are you sure that she isn't completely insane?"
"Of course!" said Twilight.
"If you say so."
Dash turned back to Runner.
"So, you've mastered left, right and backwards," she said.
"Personally, I think she's simply darling!" said Rarity who had come to watch, while Runner happily shouted "Now I know all the directions!"
"She sounds like an overexcited schoolfilly," groaned Dash to Twilight.
"Be patient, Rainbow!" Twilight huffed, "Imagine if you found that there were three new directions you didn't even know existed!"
"Fine!" muttered Dash.

***

The flaming figure soared through the sky, searching for his target.
"Runner..." he growled, the red lamplights from his eyes scanning the ground.
"There!" he cried triumphantly, spotting the shiny figure of his joyful nemesis next to some pastel-coloured... ponies.
Impossible, he thought to himself, how could there be ponies that aren't made of metal?
Ignoring the feeling that his quest for vengeance had taken him too far out of his depth, the fiery justice-seeker descended, aiming straight at Runner.