• Published 6th Jun 2014
  • 557 Views, 25 Comments

Reflections - loopsorspool



What happens to a reflection after it's caster dies? I know. I'm the first to know. I am the first of my kind. And I am not the last.

  • ...
 25
 557

Shadows

Felt giggles about that, "Don't worry, most of the words aren't used very often."

"That's good, I was worried I'd never be able to talk to other ponies right." I let a sigh of relief escape me.

"Now that is cleared up, try this!" Felt says with a large smile. she hands me an odd food thingy, is shaped like a half moon and has a green, skin?, then it has a white thing between the skin and a red part. It's almost as big as my face! How will I eat that? "Go ahead, it's called a 'watermelon.'" I take a bite on the edge, so I can taste the skin, white part and the red stuff, bleah, the skin is tough and bitter so is the white part.

"Are you sure this is safe to eat?" I ask nervously.

Between giggles Felt replies, "Yes but your not supposed to eat the rind!"

"The rind is the white stuff, right?" I ask sounding as unsure as I felt.

"Yeah, eat the red part, its pretty sweet!" I do, and she is right, it's very sweet and very drippy, I feel the juice making sticky lines on my chin. It's like a waterfall of sweet juice, made even juicier with every bite. I can feel the juice making a mess of my chin and chest, a sweet sticky mess. "Careful, your making a mess of yourself! Hold still, I'll clean you up before you ruin your coat." Felt says to me as she wipes my lips and chin. I feel a warmness rise to my cheeks at being treated like a foal.

"I can do this myself, thanks." I grab the napkin from her and hastily wipe myself off, out of the corner of my eye I can see Felt Cloud wince, great... What mistake have I made this time...

"Be careful, you'll tear your coat off," she says worriedly. I look at the napkin, 'surely my furry skin of lavender would be able to withstand a bit...' The though freezes, pulled to a complete stop as I look at the napkin, of more accurately what's on the napkin. Fur, of the same purple as me... My hooves shake, I drop the napkin, terrified. 'That... That demon piece of paper I thought I could trust it! it betrayed me! But that wouldn't have happened if my hooves would have been more careful. Stupid hooves you ruined my coat!'

"Are... Are you okay?" Those words bring me back.

"N-" sobs choke me up, "N-no! My own hooves betrayed me!" I try and shake the offending body part off of me. My hooves stay on in stoic defiance. Out of my tear filled eyes I can see Felt Cloud pause, then she spoke.

"Be... Trayed you? How did your hooves do that?" A look what I assume is of pure confusion adorns her face.

"These... Monsters made me take some of myself off!" I hear her giggle, It makes me even more frustrated and mad, 'This is serous! how can she just laugh it off!'

"Oh, silly, you just need to be more careful with your coat. Like this." she says with a loving smile on her face, she takes the napkin away from me and gently wipes it across my soaked chest, it feels good, better then the rough tearing my own hooves did. "It's getting late... We should be going home soon." Felt says. A feeling of udder befuddlement washes over me.
'What is late... or home for that matter..." The words feel foreign to my new tongue. " Wait, does late has something to do with time? But what is time? And how does it relate to home?' I voice my confusion, "What is home?"
"Ah----" she freezes, attempting to come up with a coherent answer to explain what they are. "Home, that's a bit easier, home is... Home is the place you can go, at any time. You can decide what it looks like and how it should be treated... Here, let me show you." She trots off, the picnic basket on her back. she stops and beckon me to come with her. Hesitantly I follow. The pleasant packed dirt path became simple cobblestone road. I hope it's not too much farther, my legs are getting a bit sleepy. I decide to voice my concerns.

"Is it much farther? My legs feel all sleepy." I must have used the incorrect word because I heard Felt giggle. "Which one word did I... Fumble? Is that the correct word?"

"Yes, you can use that word there, but I have never heard somepony call there legs sleepy when they are tired."

"Stupid... Equestrian? Is that the lungwicth? No, that's not the word either."

"It's language and yes, we are speaking equestrian."

"Stupid equestrian, why do you have to be so hard‽"