• Published 11th May 2014
  • 5,239 Views, 149 Comments

Friendship May Be Magic, but Trust is Power - VampireFluttershyTails



"...because you must have trust before you can ever have a friendship." Summary: The denizens of Ponyville, especially the Mane Six, are at a loss of what to do when a small, pink (asocial), puffball crash-lands near their picnic. Will con

  • ...
6
 149
 5,239

Chapter Four - Worries Abound


Beg.

est. June 18, 2014


Chapter Four: Worries Abound

Anxiety hung deep within Ponyville's atmosphere. Fear especially permeated the stratosphere.
Twilight Sparkle had been studying the golden star ever since Rainbow had given it to her, and she, truth be told, was at her wit's end. Her normally straight mane and forelocks had a few visible split ends as she ran out of ideas in seeing how this star worked. The lavender unicorn had shrugged off all Spike's attempts to get her to rest, determined to find at least a lead in this case.

The puffball case... Twilight narrowed her eyes in slight resentment and fear.
She prepared a light magical concoction, one she wasn't sure at this point would do, but, wearing protective goggles, she activated her magic and picked up the star using tongs and, clenching her teeth, widening her eyes, carefully dipped the star into the potion. Spike watched, tucked in the corner, trembling as the star crackled and popped, electricity warping around it, a bright light issuing forth.
Twilight's eyes shrunk to the size of peas, and her perplexed, toothy frown grew bigger as she backed away from the reaction, almost dropping the golden star.
Spike covered his eyes after having observed the spell, the brilliant light swarming up and swallowing nearly the entire area. Outside the Library, the residents of Ponyville noticed this strange light engulfing the home of the cooped-up unicorn and her assistant; only murmurs escaped their lips, and nopony lifted a hoof to help.


Somewhere deep in a forest, Kirby felt sick.
It was a strange sickness, but it felt like a great surge of magic coursing through his body, and it wasn't the comforting kind. He lay next to a tree, searching with his dull red eyes a possible reason for such a temporary surge, rubbing his stomach to alleviate the pain. Kirby then grunted, picking himself up and shrugging off the pain, and continued his trek through the forest.


Back at the Library, Twilight Sparkle looked even worse off, but nothing was hurt.
Not even Spike.
The unicorn let out a small chortle and smiled when she beheld her untouched library, but the smile slid off her face when she saw the golden star was still the same as always. Her left ear twitched, her eyebrows furrowing with disappointment. She huffed and scoffed, almost about to dash the whole thing and run along with her assumptions... raising the star that was now turning a greenish blue with the intent of smashing it against the floor...
But then... that wouldn't be the best way, Twilight sighed, carefully setting the star back in its place. I have to deal with this... this problem... the lavender unicorn snarled to herself, but then tightly shut her eyes, as if the very thought was wrong, her heart feeling a twinge of remorse.
Twilight looked at the star neutrally at first; of course, it shimmered for her. But then she sighed, her look of frustration and resentment shining through as she now stared hard and cold at it.

"This is all your fault..." she spoke to it, not at all sure if she meant every word, "Things were so wonderful when you weren't around!"
Spike cringed, but didn't intervene.

"Nothing's the same anymore!" she shouted once more, her forehooves stomping the wooden floor, her voice ringing against the walls and against the golden star to which she once devoted her time with delighted enthusiasm.
Twilight's eyes then drifted around and then locked onto a photo of a smiling Fluttershy and a certain smiling draconequus hanging up on her wall. She furrowed her brow, "Hm... I wonder if he's behind all this..." and thus decided to investigate, grabbing her hat and bubble pipe. Spike watched her gather investigative tools with sad eyes, sighing as he too looked at the picture of Fluttershy and Discord, very much doubtful of Twilight's assumption.
His eyes then flicked over to the star, eyeing it with a fearful uncertainty. The purple dragon untucked himself from the corner as he watched the unicorn leave in a huff, and made his way to the podium where the star sat twinkling as if nothing happened. Spike bit his lip, looking at the notes Twilight took and picking up a quill to jot down the last reaction; he then sighed as he looked at the star again. The dragon carefully lifted a claw and touched it, offering little vibes of comfort amongst the fear he felt. It shimmered only a tiny bit for him, and he smiled, almost delighted that the star shimmered for him.

Don't worry... Spike began with uncertainty, I'm sure she didn't mean those things…
He chuckled uneasily, exchanging glances with the vast tomes on either side. But, biting his lip and narrowing his eyes, even he wasn't sure what his mentor was feeling…


The pink puffball sighed drearily, leaning back on the tree and clutching at his precious pendent he'd grabbed from out of his cloak, his eyes closed with the pain he thought he'd never feel again.

Never? huh... he narrowed his eyes, scoffing. He looked at the pendent, sighing as tears, unbidden, came to his eyes.
The words stung, he had to admit, and he, for some reason, despite the thousand-year barrier around his heart, was sad and hurt—We barely know each other... was his weak, yet poignant thought.
He sighed, wiping away the tears and scoffing once more.
To be honest, he's heard worse...
Much worse... and despite this other aura, albeit smaller, uneasy and afraid, providing him with comfort, he felt none. Kirby looked at the pendent once more, the scowl returning to his face; grunting, he hopped up onto his feet and, double-checking his weapons and pocketing his pendent, continued along the path through the forest.


Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash patrolled the southern part of the Everfree—the region, in fact, held Fluttershy's hut on the very edge—keeping a sharp eye out for this elusive pink puffball. Her wings fluttered as she scratched her head, unsure and getting annoyed at the total lack of sightings. Rainbow scoffed, her tail flicking, and she flew a few hooves to her right.

This is impossible! she sighed, how could a pink puffball be so hard to sight?!
The sky blue pegasus searched the perimeter, scanning with her eyes and ears, a hoof in a look-out gesture.

This puffball surely is trouble... Rainbow frowned, interrupting our lives... he won't be found...
And then her stomach growled, and she blushed and chuckled sheepishly.
"Heh.. I guess it's time for lunch..." she patted her tummy, and looked out across the Everfree one last time, frowning, "Hm..."
And then Rainbow Dash flew off toward Ponyville, eager to get something to fill her stomach.
...and Kirby was right under her nose; he hid when he heard something growl. Once he was sure the danger had passed, he came out from the bush, looking up and around for a while before he eventually shrugged, moving forward.


Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie was pronking around town aimlessly, her thoughts meandering to Kirby and sometimes whether or not he'd like balloons at his party—!
She sighed, her eyebrows furrowing, But, really, I wonder whether or not he's fine...
The pink party pony stopped pronking and simply started walking around the plaza, looking just a mite sad. Ponies noticed, but none of them stepped up to comfort her, instead settling for gossip and talks amongst themselves. Pinkie Pie noticed, raising an eyebrow and frowning at each and every one of them, but otherwise paid them no mind. The thought had never before crossed her mind, but now that she thought about it the more she realized that the Ponyvillians were not her friends.

Huh... what an ugly truth! she scoffed, trying to mask her sadness with anger, but like either emotion she was scared [by them](?) and ended up socking them both in the box.
She sighed but eventually ignored them all, deciding that the pink puffball Kirby was more worthy of her thoughts and spent the rest of her pronking in the plaza thinking about him. That is, until her light cerulean eyes caught an interesting sight. She halted in that one spot, lifting a foreleg in confusion as her eyes contracted and her ears perked up and her mouth went oval-shaped in similar emotion. Her attention was now drawn to the Golden Oak Library, Rainbow Dash speeding along the sky above to the Hayburger notwithstanding; she saw an unkempt Twilight Sparkle, wearing a detective's hat and puffing on a bubble pipe, after days of self-isolation, actually step hoof out of the library.

"Hum..." Pinkie Pie narrowed one eye at this, wondering what the unicorn mare could be up to, "could it be an investigative activity?" ... "it has to be! that detective gear proves it!" she smiled to herself, but then the smile went upside-down, "but what could she be investigating besides that golden star?" a hoof on her chin and a perplexed look on her face, she then saw her unicorn friend amble away to the southeast. "Huh," she scoffed, "this calls for an investigation!" and put on her detective gear after having grabbed them from nowhere, and then set off after her.


Rarity had been working on Kirby's outfit, not allowing a time for rest; the burden of thoughts had gotten that bad. There were times when she, despite her sharp precision, misplaced a seam or cut the material wrong. The unicorn shrugged these off, albeit with a loud cry, and with her magic either undid the seam or levitated the black material over so she could cut again.
She looked worse for wear, her usually well-coifed mane, both matted with sweat and poofy,—though not like Pinkie Pie's, however; more like Vinyl Scratch's—her tail fluffed out and looking more like a squirrel's tail, and her eyes had four bags underneath them to symbolize each night she went without sleep. Rarity sang the song she sang when making for her friends outfits for the Gala, ...or was it for that modeling instance...?
She sighed, determined to get the seams right this time; else she'd have to go out and buy some more material. Looking anxiously from the design she had flawlessly produced, Rarity got to working on the outfit once again, sewing the seams where they should be and needling in those that required delicate precision. Rarity smiled for once this entire session, sure that this one out of hundreds would be it. In less than thirty minutes, she was finally done, albeit with the shell; smiling proudly, she decided to work on pockets and everything else later. As the light gray unicorn levitated the unfinished cloak over to the hoofmade puffball mannequin, she was happily surprised that no burden of thoughts berated her for such a decision.
Fitting it on the mannequin, she prided herself on a job well done and, as a reward she set for herself, she could go outside and get some fresh air and just wander around the plaza. Rarity ambled her way to the door, using her light bluish magic to open it; the strong light of the sun repulsed her and she raised a hoof over her eyes to block it out. She allowed her eyes to adjust before taking another step, slamming the door, and taking a look around. Some ponies, she saw, were surprised and disgusted by her appearance and galloped into their houses and shut the windows and doors.

Ugh! what nerve of them! she scolded and scoffed, flicking her tail as she walked toward the Golden Oak Library. Rarity then saw Rainbow Dash flying through the sky in the direction of The Hayburger—she noticed the pegasus was about to wave but then stopped and with widened eyes picked up her speed, one thought on her mind, Maybe my hunger is causing this hallucination. I mean, Rarity? looking like that? Psh, come on!
The light gray unicorn huffed at this, narrowing her eyes, and then focused more on her destination, noticing a shocked Pinkie Pie and a Twilight Sparkle dressed investigatively, the latter heading southeast. Rarity tilted her head, walking towards Pinkie Pie and calling her name before she could successfully follow Twilight.

"Huh?" the pink party pony stopped, wistfully looking Twilight's way before she took off the detective gear and looked toward the voice; "oh! Hi, Rarity!" she smiled, pronking over to her.
Rarity smiled and sighed, Oh, thank Celestia—she doesn't care about my appearance!

"Hello, Pinkie, darling," she greeted.

"It's been a while since I've seen you!"

"Yeah," uneasily chortled Rarity, "I've been working on something top secret!"—Pinkie Pie's eyes widened excitedly at this—"and I really haven't gotten a chance to rest."

"Ah, I see! Well, don't worry! your secret's safe with me!" the pink Earth pony assuringly smiled, still pronking in place, gesturing her signature swear. Rarity smiled, but then the smile dissipated as she looked toward the Library. She really wanted, now that she had time, to see about that golden star...
Pinkie Pie noticed and wrapped a foreleg around her neck, "Oh, we can still see it! Spike is still there!"
Rarity was shocked by this sudden gesture, squirming to get out of her grip, but happy that Pinkie Pie cared enough to alleviate her sadness with such news. Pinkie Pie let go of the light gray unicorn and started pronking to the Library's door; Rarity soon followed, a few hooves behind her as the party pony knocked. It didn't take long for the purple dragon to answer the door, and once again he blinked twice at Pinkie Pie, greeting her.

"Hi, Spike!" she smiled, glancing back at Rarity, who stepped closer a bit apprehensively. At the sight of the light grayish unicorn, he choked on his own saliva and widened his eyes as he beheld her new look.

"Wow... you still... look as...gorgeous as ever... Miss Rarity," he half-lied in between coughs, looking at her with near lovestruck eyes. "Is that a new look you're going for?"
Pinkie Pie narrowed her eyes, looking from both the flustered unicorn mare and the "charming" dragon.

"Why, thank you, Spikey-Wikey," Rarity cooed, smiling at him and batting her eyes.
Pinkie Pie rolled her eyes, and, before Spike could reply, retorted, "Enough chit-chat!" pushing past the purple dragon and wrapping her tail around Rarity's foreleg so she could pull her in, "We've got a star to see!"

"Oh..." was Spike's only reply as he closed the door and walked to the podium where the star was kept, the remnants of a recent potion sparkling in a bowl on the table. Rarity's eyes widened as she glimpsed the star, successfully wriggling out of the party pony's tail and ambling over to it.

"Wow... it's...gorgeous," the light grayish unicorn smiled as it shimmered for her.
Pinkie Pie smirked as she looked her way, seeing indeed the star shimmer for Generosity, and then spent her time analyzing the notes Twilight had written on this canvas, tilting her head as she digested the info.

"So... any idea on what exactly this is?" the unicorn mare asked, to which Spike sighed and shook his head. "Really?" her moderate azure eyes widened.
Pinkie Pie interjected, "Mm-hmm... sadly...."

"Oh... what a disappointment..." Rarity 'tsk'ed, shaking her head; staring at the star, she, however, smiled.
I know the answer, though! the party pony smiled in her thoughts, but the smile dissipated, but it has to be kept secret for plot's sake! I Pinkie swore! and then the smile came back, and Pinkie kept on reading through Twi's notes, and knew in the back of her mind that Spike was watching her. She eventually turned to look at him, and Spike cowered a bit with a grimace; the pale, light raspberry pony raised an eyebrow at this. The purple dragon chuckled sheepishly, his foot shuffling the floor in shame.
Clearing his throat, he decided to ask, "So, whatcha doing over there, Pinkie Pie?"
Pinkie Pie narrowed her eyes for a split second before she answered, "Reading Twilight's notes!" with a large smile.
Spike snuck a look at Rarity, noticing she was still entranced by the golden star, and then switched back to Pinkie Pie, who turned her attention back to the notes, flipping up a page with her muzzle.
"But, um..." Spike began, slowly leaving Rarity's side, brushing past her bushy tail, and moved along the floor to the pink pony's side, "isn't that information a little rough for you to ingest?"
It took a few seconds, but Spike soon realized his error, widening his eyes and clenching his teeth as Pinkie Pie snorted in anger. She turned on her heel, her enraged face bumping into Spike's scared and remorseful face, angered light cerulean orbs meeting widened, fearful moderate pistachio draconic orbs. The usually peppy pink pony snorted in his face, the dragon wincing out of fear and remorse. She narrowed her eyes, sighed, and ultimately turned away with a huff, her tail slapping his face.
"Uh... oops..." Spike whimpered, pawing at his face.
Rarity didn't notice the whole ordeal, staring dreamily at the star with a smile. The star gleamed heavily, causing Rarity's smile to grow wider. Her forehoof reached out to touch it, and when she did its shine was brighter than ever; she smiled even wider, her big moderate azure eyes welling with tears of joy.


Kirby felt this, his eyes narrowing; he was unwilling to accept this touch of generosity—if it even was. But he couldn't shrug it away; instead, he kept the feeling, not that he had any choice. It comforted him in a way, as he walked one of the many paths through the dense forest.
The pink puffball sighed, pulling his black cloak closer to him. He looked to his left and then to his right, his dark red eyes narrowed with paranoid readiness. In the distance, he heard the light tap-tap-tap-tap of hooves behind him. Kirby's eyes widened; if he wasn't quick he'd be caught. He quickly ducked behind a tree; he wasn't choosy at all. After a while, he saw a familiar pony carefully trod the path. It was the light grayish mulberry unicorn from a few days ago; Kirby remembered those moderate violet eyes skeptically glaring at him, narrowed at him, almost as if...
...if he was back in those labs...
Kirby jumped a bit, stopping the memory in its tracks and forcing a whimper back down his throat. The unicorn briefly stopped in his line of sight, and he could now see that the pony was dressed as a mystery detective, and her forehoof held a bubble pipe. The mare took a couple of decisive puffs from it, just staring down the road pensively. Kirby then noticed how... off she looked; her eyes had just a glint of "craziness" to them, and her mane and tail had just the slightest fringe. He saw the light grayish mulberry unicorn look in his direction, still with that eyebrow raised. The pink puffball shivered for a moment, thinking for a split second that the horned pony saw him.

Though...if she had... Kirby drifted off, the thought too painful to finish.
He then saw her eyes roll toward her right, and he almost sighed in relief. She took another few puffs of the bubble pipe, her tail and ear twitching, before she resumed her slow gait to wherever she was going. Kirby narrowed his eyes at the horned pony, his lips curling into a snarl; the anger quickly dissolved, however, because he knew it only resulted from the terrible flashbacks that had chosen to play in his head. His eyes still narrowed, only with pain and slight resentment; the unicorn mare had reminded him so much of several scientists who had had him (briefly) detained in labs so horrible he remembered crying.
He then felt wetness on his face and hurriedly wiped those tears away. That was long ago... he thought, narrowing his eyes, his scowl deepening, it's useless to cry now...
Suddenly, he, for some reason, had half a mind to follow her. Kirby pulled his cloak closer to him as he contemplated whether or not to follow, his dark, dull red eyes staring up at the sky. He mumbled, shaking his head, ...Pheh...
He'd decided that wherever the mare was going was none of his business, and thus took the path through the trees.


Meanwhile, Discord was reclining against the green couch, humming to himself as he snapped several items into existence. Fluttershy smiled at this, giggling at some of the silly items that would appear; the draconequus smiled at this as well, Anything to keep her happy...
Angel Bunny watched with apprehension and resentment from the kitchen.

Especially with that pink puffball, Kirby, running around... My poor, dear Fluttershy...
Suddenly, a Kirby doll popped into existence. Fluttershy immediately bowed her head, letting loose a whimper. He remembered what she told him earlier that day, crying into his chest...
That she'd almost found him...
The draconequus hated to see her sad, so he comforted her by conjuring up every silly thing he could think of. He supposed he messed up when he thought of the pink puffball; he sighed and frowned, and, with a snap of his talons, the doll was gone.

"Fluttershy..." the draconequus teleported to her side, lifting her head up with his paw, "my dear, sweet Fluttershy..."
Angel Bunny gagged at this, sure to show his disgust; this was met by an unpleasant zap to the foot, courtesy of Discord. While the bunny hopped around in agony holding his foot, mismatched red eyes met sad moderate cyan eyes.

"You'll find him soon, Fluttershy," the draconequus told her, a sombre tone taking over; Fluttershy's eyes widened at this. "You'll find him soon."
Fluttershy then smiled, and these words echoed over to the Sweet Apple Acres. Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle were bucking apples under a brilliant amaranth stallion's diligent and Applejack's tired supervision. His moderate sap green eyes worriedly looked to Applejack, who pursed her lips, looking in the direction of the Everfree, and Big McIntosh bit his lip, combing a light yellowish gray forehoof through his brilliant orange mane.
They'd been at this for a few hours; the CMC wanted to help Applejack. Despite Granny Smith disagreeing wholeheartedly, Applejack sloppily provided a reason why it was a good idea and Big Mac promoted it with a "Eeyup" and a nod of his head. And so, they had filled over a hundred buckets and baskets with all kinds of apples.
Applejack and Big Mac smiled at their accomplishment and at their attempts to look at their flanks to see if they had gained a Cutie Mark, but to no avail, and decided that they could take it from here, sending the CMC to the leader's room. Despite not getting Cutie Marks, the three were very satisfied that they had helped the family, looking out the window with enthusiastic grins at Big McIntosh and Applejack loading the baskets and buckets into carts. As they then looked over to the direction of the Everfree Forest, the Cutie Mark Crusaders grew scared and worried, Apple Bloom especially—Scootaloo tried to deny this fear, "I'm not scared!" with a huff and a fold of her forelegs. Sweetie Belle simply looked at the light brilliant gamboge filly, narrowing her eyes in worry.

"Come on, we're all a little scared, aren't we?" the light grayish unicorn filly countered with a tilt of her head.

"Nope!" the pegasus filly denied once again, turning away from her and closing her eyes.
Apple Bloom simply stared out the window, a fearful and worried look on her face as her ears drooped. "Like Applejack said," she started to say, narrowing her sparkly reddish amber eyes and her brow wrinkling with fear and uncertainty, "that critter is loose... and we have no idea what he's capable of..."
Sweetie Belle had no idea what to say to this, opening her mouth and then closing it again.

"...but Ah'm gonna find out...!" the pale light grayish olive filly finished, determination suddenly filling her face and equine language. Sparkly pale, light grayish harlequin eyes and grayish purple eyes widened with shock as Apple Bloom hopped down from the window sill, heading for the door.

"B-but what if he's evil and attacks you?!" Sweetie Belle stammered out, clenching her teeth.

"Yeah! what if you get hurt?" Scootaloo supplemented.

"...But Ah thought you were optimistic, Sweetie Belle?" the Earth filly rebuffed her, and the unicorn filly bowed her head in shame. "...and that's a risk Ah'm gon' haveta take."
And then, with a simple order—"Cover me."—she left for the Everfree Forest...
Applejack and Big McIntosh were none the wiser, as the little filly slipped through the door and past them, but they were deep in their jobs and conversation. It was midday, the Sun just in the middle of the deep blue sky, and the light brilliant gamboge farm mare sighed, her usually bright moderate sap green eyes droopy and tired. The burden of thoughts bothered her since the night the puffball landed. This was no reason to hate the critter, though.
Applejack sighed again, dumping off the apples into the cart. She reflected on what she told the three fillies, and, with a pensive half-frown, wondered if she stuck the right idea about him into their heads. She then looked to Big McIntosh, "Uh... Big Mac...?"

"Eeyup?" the brilliant amaranth stallion responded, picking up a few baskets full of apples and heading over to the apple cart his younger sister was nearby.

"Remember what Ah told ya a few days ago...?" she began, scratching her head with an unsure expression.

"Erm... 'bout that pink puffball...?"

"Yes..." Applejack closed her eyes for a good minute; the stallion dumped off his apples into the cart. "Ah'm worried 'bout 'im..." she then opened her eyes and looked up at the sky, "but Ah jus' don't know what to do..."
Big McIntosh tilted his head, a wrinkle forming in his brow.

"Ah mean... have Ah sent th' right message to Apple Bloom an' her friends?" she then sighed, almost face-hoofing herself, "...Is he even good...? or is he evil...? Those red eyes... ugh! no...! Ah don't even know enough ta—!"
Big Mac rubbed against her, and Applejack recoiled a bit, letting out a surprised cry. He simply shook his head, saying, "Don't stress yerself, AJ. The answers will soon come to light."
The mare's eyes widened at this piece of wisdom, and then she smiled, "...Okay, Big Mac. I'll try..."

"Eeyup."


Apple Bloom was at the entrance to the strange forest by then. Whatever determination she had back at the farmhouse quickly melted off, and the filly quivered as she stared down the dark, creepy road.

"Well... Ah came this far," Apple Bloom said, gulping down her fear. "Can't turn back now..."
She gulped again, looking back at Ponyville for what she thought would be the last time. And then the filly charged into the forest, not looking back...


Just outside of Fluttershy's cottage, a light grayish mulberry foreleg stepped into view. Moderate violet eyes narrowed in anger, her face scrunching up similarly; the only dissonance was the smile on her face...
That sick, angry, toothy smile...
Twilight Sparkle, her horn glowing a rich magenta in preparation for a powerful spell, right then and there decided to skip the investigation, throwing off her investigative clothes, and trotted slowly to the door.
Discord predicted the doorbell ringing, murmuring, "Oh... well who could that be?"
Fluttershy stared blankly at him for a second before she realized, "Oh," and then got down from the couch and fluttered to the door, "I'll get it!"
By the time she reached it and was about to open it, the mahogany door suddenly slammed open, flattening Fluttershy on the other side. The draconequus's eyes widened and mouth hung open in response, his entire body taking on a genuinely shocked language. The unicorn then stepped in animalistically, and when their eyes met, she growled, "Discord!"
The horn suddenly gained even more of a charge in response to her growing anger. The draconequus was too shocked to say anything, and quickly he snapped out of it, "Well, if it isn't Twilight Sparkle... how pleasant it is to see you," and put on a smile.

"Cut the act!" the unicorn snapped, and the draconequus righted himself out of shock. "I know you're behind this..."
Discord exchanged glances with the walls of the room before he met her crazed eyes again; he played with his hands, "Behind what, my dear Twilight?"

"Oh... don't play dumb with me!" she bucked the door closed, lips curling into a snarl. Fluttershy fell out against the floor, letting out a small groan.
Discord noticed, about to make a move to help her, but Twilight stomped the wooden floor and the draconequus stayed right where he was.

"Uh... now, now Twilight," he raised his paw and talon in defense, "no need to be boorish..."
The unicorn, thinking that he was about to attack, released the spell on his mismatched hands, and the draconequus yelped and hollered in agony.

"Boorish... boorish?! I'm not the one who summoned this pink puffball here!" Twilight narrowed her eyes, her tail whipping back and forth.
Discord waved his hands around, blowing on them to get them to stop hurting, "Ow... wait... summoned the who what now?" he then looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

"You know..." darkly replied Twilight, her eyes narrowing even more as her horn prepared another potent spell.

"No, actually I don't," Discord countered, narrowing his eyes at her. "I'm innocent this time, my dear Twilight."
Moderate violet eyes studied him, before they narrowed, "That's only what you want me to think."
Discord exchanged glances with the walls again, and shook his head vigorously.

"...With you gone..." Twilight stepped closer, the glow on her horn growing larger, "the puffball will be gone... and everything will be back to normal..."
Discord's eyes widened dramatically, "No... no..."
The sick, angry smile crawled back onto her face as she stepped even closer. As much as he'd love to defend himself... unfortunately, Fluttershy made him promise that he wouldn't hurt her friends...
He rolled his eyes at this irony, and simply braced himself.
Fluttershy then began to stir, her eyes fluttering open to an upside-down confrontation. Her eyes widened, and she immediately got up on her hooves, narrowing her moderate cyan eyes at this atrocity.
Twilight Sparkle giggled crazily, inching toward Discord another step, before...

"STOP!!"
The light grayish mulberry unicorn widened her eyes, the spell evaporating, before she was then body-checked across the room. She created an indent in the wall, and the pale light grayish gold pegasus glared at her, standing protectively in front of Discord.

"And just what do you think you're doing, Twilight?!" demanded Fluttershy, narrowing her eyes at her recovering friend.

"Ugh..." Twilight groaned, a bit dazed, as she looked into fierce moderate cyan eyes. "Fluttershy, you don't understand!" she then stood up, her eyes pinpricks as she panted, trying to regain wind.

"Understand what...?" the pegasus began, raising an eyebrow.

"Discord...!"

"Discord was here all along," the kind mare interrupted; the draconequus then smiled and nodded, a halo appearing over his head. The light grayish mulberry unicorn simply stared, her mouth wide open in disbelief; Fluttershy tilted her head as she repeated, "He was here... with me... all along..."
Silence reigned over them all, and then Twilight hung her head, her eyes closing. So I was wrong... Oh, Celestia...

"...I'm sorry..." and then she poofed away.
The pegasus stared confusedly at the spot where her friend was, and then looked to Discord, who simply shrugged.


Meanwhile, at the Golden Oak Library, Rarity was still staring at the golden star; Pinkie Pie was thinking over Twilight's notes, having read all of them, sitting near the east bookshelf, and Spike was sweeping up. Suddenly, the librarian herself pushed herself inside the library, the word "dejected" written all over her, her head bowed as she entered. Her friends and number one assistant looked up and over to the door, smiles overcoming their faces when they saw her, but the smiles quickly slid into frowns when they heard her sigh and saw her equine language.
The purple dragon rushed up to her, dropping the broomstick, "What's wrong, Twilight?"
The unicorn shook her head, indicating that she didn't want to talk about it. Her friends still looked at her, worried, as the unicorn walked past all of them, heading upstairs to her bedroom...



Fin
August 9, 2014
4:42p


Author's Note:

Hm... when I first wrote this first scene, I wasn't quite proud of it... :ajsleepy:
So I reworked it; that's why Chapter Four took so long getting up here. :ajsmug:
Once again, it's only one scene of Chapter Four. I have so much more in store! :pinkiesmile:
I tell ya, it's gonna be fun writing the rest of this! :yay:

So enjoy this one scene for now. :twilightsmile:

Credits
Discord (Eurochaos Mix) - Odyssey Eurobeat
(might add a more fitting theme to these Kirby scenes later on...) :twilightsmile:
I will also add an actual picture of Fluttershy and Discord from DeviantART, but there's a problem with that... (I no have an account... so no go... :unsuresweetie:)
(Maybe I should join DeviantART... I plan to in the future anyway... *snaps my fingers* AHA! That's EXACTLY what I'll do!! :pinkiehappy:)

My DeviantART account. =3

(EDIT: July 4th, 2014) FINALLY!! I got some more of Chapter Four up! :pinkiehappy:
(Though I feel like I'm missing something with Pinkie Pie.... >_>)
Next scene will involve Rarity! :pinkiesmile:
This scene is almost finished; the next one will possibly involve Fluttershy and Discord! :pinkiehappy: (and then Applejack of course. Gotta incorporate her sometime, yeah? :ajsmug:)
Hm... and it'll revisit each of them from then on... yes, that's how it will go! :pinkiehappy:

(EDIT: July 20, 2014) Woohoo!! I got some sentences up! I'd say that's pretty reasonable for Pinkie Pie...
So, I think I can go onto the next scene now; gotta include Fluttershy and Discord sometime, right? XD
Wait, a short scene with Kirby, and then Fluttershy and Discord! There we go. =3

(EDIT: August 1, 2014) Well, as you can see, I included Rarity's motions before I moved on to Kirby. Now things are starting to get interesting, I believe. =3 Now, you know some more of Kirby's backstory, (in the previous chapter you learn a bit about his past) but it's a bit vague in terms of when and how it happened to him. That will clear up in future chapters. =3
Next will be Fluttershy and Discord; let's see how they're doing, eh? XD at least, before Twilight catches up with them.
And then after that will be Applejack and then the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Or the Cutie Mark Crusaders and then Applejack. Or both at the same time! who knows except me? Well, even I don't really know... hehe...
And then afterwards, will be a sort-of confrontation between Twilight and Discord, or something... but why am I telling you all this? XD
This only just makes me want to plan the scenes a different way and in different times.... >=3
So, capping that off there, enjoy! XD

(EDIT: August 7, 2014) Okay, so there's the two scenes. Fluttershy and Discord I wrote two nights ago (or was it last night...? o.o) and it was updated yesterday or that same night two nights ago (I dunno...), and the CMC I wrote this morning in bed, as detailed in my blog. =3
Next will be Applejack and Big McIntosh discussing the recent events; I didn't forget about them, don't worry. XD
I might have Twilight Sparkle's confrontation with Discord go into the next chapter... but what's the point of having the top video playing? 0_0
I dunno...
But things are really starting to get interesting, aren't they? XD
So, yeah, read on, my little ponies! Read on. XD

(EDIT: August 8, 2014 - 2:05am) Whew... just wrote another few sentences, er... paragraphs to this here chapter, as detailed in my blog... whew... I transferred half of it here by tablet, but then I had to come up here to finish transferring because my hand was starting to hurt and it was taking a bit too long by tablet. So, yeah...
Enjoy, my little ponies! XD
Tell me what you think of this so far.
I'll be back! =3
(Hopefully with another portion of the chapter! XD)
But it's getting late right now... I should be half-sleep right about now... *sighs and yawns*
Well, enjoy... enjoy...
And see ya'll whenever... =3

(EDIT: August 9, 2014) Ugh... my neck is killing me... >_<
...
Well, well, well... looks like that's the end of Chapter Four! XD
Hopefully it or the confrontation scene wasn't too cheesy or abrupt or anything... it feels like it to me. >_>
Oh, well... it's the end of Chapter Four, okay?! XD
YAY! WOOHOO!! See ya'll later with Chapter Five~! XD

*zooms away* YEEHAW!