• Published 28th May 2014
  • 493 Views, 3 Comments

Solar Blaze's forward beginning. - Solar Blaze



Solar Blaze, is a senior in Fillydelphia University, and is a unicorn hoping she will get into the occupation of magic.

  • ...
 3
 493

2 Pilot

On March 3, 1989 in a land called Equestria, a very powerful unicorn named Solar Blaze was born. During this exciting event, A Lunar eclipse was shone mixed with a blood moon. The moon was a crimson amber and it looked exactly like the young foal, this magical time in history couldn't be explained by even Princess Celestia, so society shut the case away and repressed it, scared of what could come of the universally proclaimed Goddess born on this night. Ten years later and she is a regular foal, learning on her own with her parents. Society made fun of poor Solar and shut her out. The only ponies she could trust were her family, so she kept it that way and decided to study magic at home. The year is now 2014, the month is August, and the day is the 24th. Solar Blaze was sitting on her bed, in her dorm at The University for Gifted Unicorns, writing on a piece of parchment with her quill surrounded by a yellowish-gold aura. She was finishing her homework assignment for that night, writing about Starswirl the bearded and it required that she knew all the important magic bearers who first began to use magic like the royal sisters and their parents. As Solar Blaze glided her quill along the piece of paper before her, she started to get tired, her eyes just nearly closed. She looked up at her clock and found that it was 10:30: One hour past her bedtime. "I need to finish this. Otherwise I'll be up all night and in no shape to take any tests tomorrow morning." she mumbled angrily. Solar Blaze glanced down at her paper observing what she has written. She reads over it. "On July 23, 1776 the first spell was made. Conjured up by none other than StarSwirl the Bearded." As she read, she felt herself get more tired and began to fall asleep. She felt her head get heavy as she knowingly gave up the battle and began to slip into a peaceful slumber.

***********

The next day, Solar Blaze woke up to the warming feeling of the sun's rays beating against her body. The heat welcoming her to start a new day, that it wasn't going to be completely disastrous. Solar Blaze lifted her head, yawned, and stretched out her forelegs. Shortly after, she heard the piercing sound of her alarm clock ringing, the buzzer bashing loudly and quickly back and forth between the bells.

Solar Blaze gasped. She slammed her hoof on the clock, the sound of silence filled the air. "Finally." she sighed. Solar Blaze gets up from her bed, lighting her horn targeting the sheets. She slides them over until they lay flat on her bed, checking for any folds or creases. After making her bed, she walks over to the bathroom.

Grabbing a brush with her magic, she carries it up to her mane and thoroughly brushes it out returning it to its amber shine. Solar Blaze sighs as she feels the brush go through her mane the feeling of it returning to her formal state relaxing her due to the fact that as she brushed, cool air ran through her mane.

Solar Blaze put the brush down on a counter in front of her and admired herself in the mirror. "Lookin' good!" she says to herself aloud. Solar Blaze swiftly walks out of the bathroom, puts everything in her saddlebags, loads them onto her back, and starts for the door. She lights her horn, using the magic to open the door, Solar Blaze walks through, closing the door behind her.

Solar Blaze walks down the corridor and a couple flights of stairs before reaching the lobby. She saw a few other ponies and waved to them as she exited through the door. Solar Blaze realized there was plenty of time to spare, so her rapid gallop slowed to a trot. Shortly after, she showed up at the school and walked through the door. Solar walked to her desk, unloaded her bags, and sat down. She was ready for the day to begin.