• Published 6th May 2014
  • 608 Views, 2 Comments

Scorched Terra: Cross Contact - Argentum Fabulam



After an experiment Twilight was working on goes bad, the entire land of Equestria finds itself within a strange new world. Follow the stories of a few denizens of this new mixed world as they learn to cope and uncover a sinister plot of hatred.

  • ...
1
 2
 608

Chapter 4: Reality's Fragments

Chapter 4: Reality's Fragments

The sun was setting in Vanhoover lighting up the sky with many vibrant colours, in the heart of the city a small restaurant known as “Hoof' and Talon: Hayburgers and Griffon cuisine” was bustling. A sea green pegasus waitress was doing her very best to get orders to their tables.

Ever since the day where Equestria had mixed in with Earth there had been plenty of human tourists, some stayed together in bunches of humans and others had made friends with local ponies. Regardless it had made the small restaurant that offered meat based dishes extremely busy.

Sea Breeze, one of the few non-unicorn employees, was having a tough time balancing so many orders on her wings. All the while music blasted from the jukebox in the corner, Sea Breeze found the unfamiliar human music, that someone had donated, impossibly distracting.

“Alright, I've got a hayburger with fries, a cod and fries, and a hungry griffon deluxe meal.”

“Sea Breeze is that you?” said the cerulean pegasus with a short red mane, she recognized him, it was her brother.

“Oh hey Trail Blazer, didn't see you there.” she said with a small smile.

“I haven't seen you since you signed on to compete in the Equestrian 500 big sis, where have you been?”

“Oh you know... here and there, look the restaurant is really busy could I talk to you about this tomorrow maybe?”

“Sure thing, but you'll have to write to me, got to go back to Cloudsdale tomorrow morning. Here is my card.” he said as he gave her a business card which she promptly put away in her uniform's pocket.

For the rest of her shift she wondered though of how she could tell her brother how she had gotten to where she was. If she should let him know the terrible truth or if she should spin a tale around him and spare him the details.

By the end of the shift, she hadn't been the only one who had spilled something, which was quite new to her. She got her tips from the boss and left into the dark streets of the city for the half an hour trot to her apartment was never appealing during the late hours of the night, but such was her life. Shady figures presented themselves as she would pass alleyways, the occasional would offer her some buck or stampede, but she would simply hasten her trot and that would be the end of them.

When she finally made it to her apartment building she let out a sigh of relief as she checked her mailbox and made her way to her unit with a few letters.

“Hey Midnight I'm... Goddesses Dammit!” Sea Breeze said as she raised a hoof to shield her eyes for the hundredth time. Midnight Shine, Sea Breeze's extremely promiscuous unicorn roommate and friend , was in the middle of being intimately interlocked with a male human.

“You never told me you had a roommate,” The human said, “We could have waited and made this a...”

“Oh trust me, I've tried doing that before... That mare is way too uptight to let loose and have some fun.” Midnight said as she used her silvery magic to cover them up in a sheet.

“Why can't you just do these things in your room Midnight?” Sea Breeze asked.

“I like getting caught in the act.” She responded with a sly smirk.

Sea Breeze gave a disgusted gag as she made to her own room. She let down her mane and took off her uniform, as she did the business card her brother had given her fell out. She stared at it for a few moments “Blazer Personal Injury Lawyer, helping you get back in the game.” She chuckled a bit, maybe if she would have known that her brother was a lawyer she could have saved herself from living in the slums just to get herself back on her hooves.

She sighed again and sat at her desk, pulled out a pen and some paper and began to write:

“Dear brother,

It is time I told somepony what has happened to me. While I was practising for the Equestria 500 I met many ponies and griffons who I deemed as friends. However, not everyone saw it as a friendly competition. I met a Stallion there, he was quite charming at first but after seeing how I was much better than him... he broke my wings... he did quite a good job as well, it's taken me five years just to be able to fly again. Now before I tell you who it was who did it, I need to take a well deserved vacation. I will come find you, and then you can help me ruin this bastard's career.

Sincerely, your sister, Sea Breeze.”

After putting her letter in an envelope she picked up the letters she had found in her mailbox. Bill, bill, bill, letter to Midnight, bill, awfully shady package to Midnight, and a letter to herself. As she looked at the return address she saw it had came from Canada. After letting a smile into her gloomy life she opened the letter.

“Dear Sea Breeze,

I would love to show you a my world, after all you are the reason I am not jobless right now and this is the least I could do for you. I am going to be in Equestria for the next few weeks (as of April 19th) so I'm including a train ticket from Vanhoover to Canterlot with this letter (It is good until the 31st any you can thank Princess Celestia for it.) Once you get to Canterlot just show the station guard the other attachment in this letter and you'll be given a ride to the castle.

Can't wait to meet up, From your friend Augustus”

Author's Note:

Thank you very much for reading the latest chapter. Remember If you like or disliked something about the chapter, leave a comment about it so that I can keep up doing it or fix the problem.

Have a great day!

-Argentum Fabulam