• Published 30th Apr 2014
  • 1,868 Views, 23 Comments

Bully No More - rocklobster



Silver Spoon gives it all up: No more bullying

  • ...
4
 23
 1,868

"You Have to Want It"

When Applejack, Babs, Silver Spoon, and her mother arrived at the hospital, they saw the Crusaders in the waiting room. Silver Spoon sat next to them, but they were silent at first.
"If you want us to be nice to you, forget it!" Scootaloo said.
"Fine! I don't need you anyway! I got Diamond Tiara, and she's a better friend than any of you will ever be!" Silver Spoon scoffed.
Applejack laughed. "That's funny. You actually think she's your friend."
"Well, she is!"
"She's nopony's friend. Not yours or anypony else's." Applejack shook her head. "I met bullies like her when I ran away to Manehattan as a filly. They don't care about anypony but themselves. Diamond Tiara is no different."
Silver Spoon tried her best not to cry, but the tears came anyway.
"Oh, here they come. Crocodile tears."
"Shut up! Just shut up!" She turned away. "I guess everypony is wrong about you, Applejack. They've always gotten after me for being so mean to your sister because you're so nice. But you're nothing but a meanie!"
"Well, look at the pot calling the kettle black. I'm not being mean. I'm being honest. And it sounds like you need honesty right now."
"I can't change who I am." Silver Spoon said.
"That's a lie and you know it." Applejack said. "I know someone who was pretty despicable. But my friend Fluttershy is trying to show him kindness and I think it's working. I've seen ponies change all my life, and surprise me. But here's the thing, sugarcube. You have to want to change, deep down. Maybe you'd better pray for it."
"Pray? Ha! That's an old mare's tale!" It was Silver Spoon's turn to laugh.
"It is not!" Apple Bloom objected. "I say my prayers every night!"
"It couldn't hurt." Applejack shrugged.
At that moment, Nurse Redheart came out of Sketch's room. "I have good news. Your friend might pull through! We've just finished pumping the pills out of his stomach. We've put him on a sedative, but it's up to him now. I'm sorry, but I can't let him see anypony. I don't want to put him under any stress and aggravate his stomach any more than I already have."
"That's great!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.
Silver Spoon turned to her mom. "Can you take me home? I need to think some things over."
"Of course." Sterling Silver nodded.
"You're not going to ground me, are you?" Silver Spoon asked.
"Oh no. I think your conscience should be punishing you enough.

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter is so short. I realized after I wrote the previous chapter that I needed a little filler in order to plant the idea of change into Silver's head. She needed some prompting since she is a stubborn mare.