• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 927 Views, 28 Comments

Life Lessons - lunabrony



Mrs. Cake has just had her foals. Which under normal circumstances, would be cause for celebration. Except for one thing... she was never pregnant. The Cutie Mark Crusaders have some investigating to do.

  • ...
1
 28
 927

4 - I Hate You Guys (I'm Seriously)

"So you're telling me I'm supposed to help go up against an ancient enemy that you can't tell me about?" Scootaloo protested. "What if my friends are in danger? I have to help them!"

"In good time," one of the identical stallions said. "In good time."

"But what if a good time is now?" Scootaloo said. "In good time could be too late, and I don't anything to happen to them!"

"First we have to be sure you're not the enemy," the stallion said.

"...You mean you weren't sure of that when you kidnapped me?" came the angry reply.

"We are fairly certain that you are of the non-enemy variety," he replied. "But as security protocol dictates, we have to be a hundred and twenty percent sure."

"And what if I am the enemy?" Scootaloo asked.

"Then we confine you and run tests. We have yet to manage to get one of Her kind in captivity, it would be a valuable educational experience for us."

Scoots didn't like the sound of that. Not one bit.

They rounded a corner, and Scootaloo was led towards an ancient looking door. The door was opened from the inside, and the three stepped forward into a large circular arena.

"Your test awaits," her host said.

"Wait? What? Already? But I haven't studied! Twilight would kill me!"

"Death by Twilight?" The first asked.

"Why would you be killed for not studying?" The second continued.

"You don't know Twilight..."

"Never fear, young one," the stallion replied. "I don't believe it's that kind of test."

Scootaloo approached the center of the circle with great caution. Sitting in the middle of it, paying her almost no attention, was a fluffy white rabbit.

"Good," her host said. "Now hug the bunny."

"But I don't wanna hug the bunny."

"Hug the bunny! Your life depends on it!"

"Ugh..." Scootaloo didn't like this test, and squeezed the rabbit between her front hooves. She let it go almost immediately afterward, and the animal scampered away as if it had been assaulted.

"There. I hugged the stupid bunny. Can I go help my friends now?"

"And you don't feel anything?"

"No!"

"Good. You're free to go... we'll be in touch." He pulled a lever sticking out of the wall, and the floor in the center of the circle dropped from underneath the pegasus, who looked down, then back up, then down, then back up. Her little wings buzzed furiously to keep her in the air, but no luck.

Scootaloo reached behind her back and pulled out a sign on a stake, a trick she'd learned from Pinkie.

[I hate you guys.]

And fell into the black abyss. She'd tumble out of a hollowed out tree trunk some distance from Fluttershy's cottage after what seemed like an eternity of falling, shook herself off, and raced back towards Ponyville as fast as her legs could carry her.