• Published 9th Apr 2014
  • 1,966 Views, 20 Comments

The Fastest Stallion Alive- The Origin of the Flash (a Super Equestria Verse story) - Sparkfire



The Flash is Ponified (as in is a pony) and Rainbow Dash isn't as fast as she thinks she is.

  • ...
4
 20
 1,966

The Day Time Changed Speed

The Fastest Stallion Alive- The Origin of the Flash (a Super Equestria Verse Story)

By Sparkfire

The Day Time Changed Speed

Tell me, what is the most intense pain you’ve ever felt?

Mom said it was hip pain. My Grandpa said it was the pain of having a heart attack.

True, those are very painful. I won’t deny that they are very painful to those who experience them. I just can’t say they’re the most intense to me.

Why you ask?

Simple, the most intense pain I’ve ever experienced was nearly indescribable.

It felt like I went ten rounds with old Ben Boxer, the diamond dog boxer. My insides felt like manure, and I thought all my bones were broken. Then it felt like I got turn inside out and went another ten rounds with Ben.

I didn’t think getting struck by lightning would feel that horrible. Then again, who imagines getting struck by lightning?

I’m not sure when the pain stopped, but when it did, I noticed a few things.

One, I was running in an area that seemed tunnel like.

Two, I noticed the colors seemed to meld together into a white-yellow while flowing around me in a lightning bolt patterns.

Third, I had no bucking clue how I got there, or why I was running.

Then it got strange. Images started appearing in front of me, showing me events that made no sense. One image showed what looked like an old human in a red shirt with as yellow lightning bolt, blue pants, and black belt with a gold buckle, and red boots. It even had a weird metal hat with wings on it

Then, somehow, I knew his name

Jay Garrick

Mentor

First Flash

Another image then appeared. This one seemed familiar.

A lab, similar to the one at the the station. Another human, this one wearing Khaki pants and a blue long sleeve button shirt, as well as a Lab coat like I was. As I watch with fascination, I saw him hit the by a bolt of lightning like I was.

Then, I knew who he was. Yet, I knew more as well as whatever was telling me this pumped more information in to my brain.

Barry Allen

Alternate you

Multiversal counterpart

Not accident

As I tried to process the information, another image appeared. This one much different than the last, yet it was still this Barry Allen whose name I now knew for some reason. This time, he was wearing a red suit with a white circle on it and wore yellow boots. Across the circle, was a yellow lightning bolt, and around his waist, was a Streak of yellow lightning and yellow lightning streaks around both forearms. Also, the mask seem to cover half his face.

Like the first image I saw, the mask also had wing like protrusions on each side.

I was beginning to think that not only this place was sentient, but also had a weird obsession with lightning and the colors red and yellow.

As that stray thought left my head, more word entered.

Brave and the Bold: Brave

Time and Space and Dimension connected

Mass + Strength * Velocity near the Speed of Light = Infinite Mass Punch

Rogues not Evil

A fourth image appeared. It was similar to the previous one save for one fact. The colors on the suit this other human was wearing were reversed. Yellow where there was red and vice-versa. The circle on the chest was black instead of white.

Then, more words came rushing into my head.

Reverse Flash

Zoom

Evil

Beware

Dangerous, Deadly

Friend turned Foe

Ok, so this Zoom is supposed to be evil. That much I got, because my head was beginning to spin from all of the information I was being given. Didn’t help that yet another image appear in front of me.

This one was much more confusing. It showed a Mint colored Unicorn mare with a light green mane and tell messing some weird devices and a strange machine. I watched as she too was struck by. More words flooded my mind.

Variant Earth

Designation: Universe 2010 (Universe 1938 DCU variant 83C)

Crossover?

Multiverse

Lyra Heartstrings

Teamup?

The sixth image really got my attention. It featured a cyan pegasus mare with a rainbow mane and tail. looking at what I can only describe as a really ugly monster with bones sticking out of parts of its’ body.

For a second I didn’t recognize her, then I remember who she looked like.

Rainbow Dash, the current captain of the wonderbolts.

And then I knew what was about to happen. Rainbow Dash has always been know for doing the impossible, but what she was going to pull off in this image was the stuff of legends.

Against a monster that was unstoppable, she kept it off balanced long enough for Princesses Celestia and Luna and Superman to get it into path of the Elements of Harmony and Crystal hearts’ combined blast.

She accomplished this by doing something no one has ever done.

20 sonic rainbooms at once- and this place was the reason why.

Even more words then flooded my mind.

Predecessor

Teacher

Future Unwritten

Learn From Her

Faster than she believes

Pass the Torch

As the that last word entered mind, I noticed I had stopped running and the tunnel had become a white area that was being consumed by darkness. I had no idea what was happening, and before I could doing anything-

My vision went black.


As my vision started to come back, I heard a soft yet maternal feminine voice speak.

“Well, looks like you’re awake. Good, I’d like to talk to you while you still have time”

When Finally was able to see, in front of me was a pale grey mare with a short black curly mane and tail. Yet, the the oddest feature were her big black eyes. Nopony in equestria that I know of have black irises. Other Species do, but no pony that I knew or know of.

“Who are you?” As I said that, new words appeared in mind.

Death

Black Flash

Endless

Not Enemy

It seemed as though she had some connection to what happened to me, as she knew what was going on in my mind.

“Seems that you’re not able to process the information the Speed Force downloaded into your brain normally yet. Don’t worry, you’ll get use to it.

“To answer your question, I’m the personification or in this case ponification, of Death. You can call me Dee if wish. And no, you’re not dead. Common mistake to make when everyone meets me is to think that you have to be dead to meet me.” She said, smiling kindly and turning slightly so I could see her cutie mark. A skull with flowers entangled around.

She then asked me a question that made no sense to me.

“Tell me Lightning, what do you think my cutie mark means?”

“Uh, I don’t know really. I’d have to say death, since, well you are death. Right?”

“Partially, it also represents life. I can do anything related to either concept, as long I don’t violate the revival rules of a universe. Including talk to you because I can.”

“Why talk to me? I’m not that special.”

“To ask three question of you, to determine your character.”

Yeah, the mare was odd. I couldn’t tell if she was toying with me or not. I didn’t really get how three question could determine my character. So I just told to fire away with them.

“Alright, Question the first: If you were given the chance to go back in time to kill King Sombra before he could do any of the acts of evil he is infamous for, yet knew that if you did so, it would make things for the present worst- would you still do it?

I had to think on that one. It was a tempting thought.

“No I wouldn’t, even though I’m tempted to try it.”

“Alright, question the second: Whose more important, your girlfriend Iris or Celestia?”

She really was messing with my mind. How did she know who Iris was?

“Iris, because she is always there for me. Celestia may be important in the grand scheme of the universe, but to me Iris is more important.”

“Alright, Final question: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Considering the seriousness of the other two question this one caught me off guard.

“Uh, what kind of swallow? Equestrian or Griffonian?”

“Well, I’m done with questioning you. You should be waking up any second. Have fun learning from Dashie. She really knows her stuff when it comes to speed.”

“Wait what? What about you determining my character?”

“I’ve already determined it. I never said I’d tell you what I determined, now did I?” she stated with a kind smile.

All I knew is she was weird. Yet, I wanted to ask her more questions. However, before I could, I blacked out again.


I think I was starting to get use to blacking out like I was. I didn’t feel tired or groggy or anything like that. In fact, I felt better than ever.

As I looked around to get my bearings, I saw I was in a Hospital room. Sitting in the corner near the window, was a pegasus mare. A white mare with a purple mane with yellow highlights. and she was sleeping.

“Iris.” I whispered, because I didn’t want to wake her up.

Then I noticed a paper on a dresser in the room. I decided to read it to find out how long I’d been out. I thought I was out for week, maybe a month at the most. So I was kind of shocked at the date.

“YOU’VE GOT THE BE KIDDING ME!! I ONLY BEEN OUT ONE DAY?!?”

I think I woke up entire hospital.

Author's Note:

So yeah, The Speed Force is the source of all Speed (meaning you all just had a peek at something that hasn't happen yet in "To be a hero in changing times"). It does allow for time travel, as well as the ability to travel the multiverse. It actually downloaded a lot more crap into Lightning Forces' mind than you saw.

Some were warnings, some information, and some "how to use the Speed force" manuals.

An Death herself appear in a cameo, mainly to help Lightning transition back to the world of the living. (Only Lightnings' mind/soul was sent to the speed force, not his body)

Also, time literally did change speed for Lightning. For him in felt like a week at best (that's what happens when your perception of time and speed is changed on you). So him and pinkie could have a decent conversation as he now candto the "Icanspeakfastthing" like her. Also, if the tense of the story seems to change during the story, for the most part, it's intentional due to Lightning not really being able tell if something happened seconds ago or months ago. He is the narrator after all.