• Published 9th Apr 2014
  • 1,710 Views, 47 Comments

Remorse - TheCoverBrony



The Cutie Mark Crusaders never got along with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Scootaloo hates them more then the other two however, and wants nothing more then for them to dissapper off the face of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 47
 1,710

Chapter 5: Remembrance

Scootaloo walked down the silent dirt roads of Ponyville. The sun is just peaking over the horizon in the early morning. Scootaloo knew that not many ponies would be out during this time so it is the best time to take a relaxing walk. Over the course of the past three days she could do nothing but think about her parents. All that came to her mind when she thought about them is hatred. She hated her parents for abandoning her.

Images of her parents leaving her behind where burned into the small filly's mind, and refused to leave her alone. As if it wasn't bad enough that she had to deal with Diamond and Silver Spoon messing with her, but now she was reminded of her parents leaving her behind yet again. Every time the subject was brought up, the pain she felt only grew. If she could go back in time and see the reason why they left her behind then she would. Everything she had has been torn away from her.

The house that Scootaloo use to have was taken away because the bills where not being paid. She still remembers that day in full detail. Scootaloo was just laying on the bed when a knock was at the door. The filly ran down stairs hopping it would be her friends, but instead it was a couple of stallions. The stallions asked to see her parents, of course she was at a lost for words. All the filly could say is that they were not at home.

Then came the bad news, she was told that the house was being taken away because the bills haven't been paid on the deadline. All the filly could was cry, what more could she do? Everything she owned was being ripped right out from under her, and there wasn't a thing she could do about it. She knew that telling her friends would only make the situation worse, because they would only worry about her. They had only been to her house once in the past month, and even then it was only for a brief minute to get her to go preform for the flag waving team.

Now that she thinks about it, she wonders why no pony question why her parents where not home back then. She expected at least Rainbow Dash to say something about it. Scootaloo felt something wet trickling down her cheeks, it is then she realized that she has been crying this whole time. Scootaloo quickly wiped away the tears that had been flowing down her cheeks, and continued to walk. Scootaloo found a bench and sat on it, and closed her eyes.

Scootaloo thought back to all the good times she had with the crusaders. All the laughs they shared, all the silly things they tried to get there cutie marks. Those where good times, but now it seems like there friendship was starting to fall apart, and for what? Over beating Diamond Tiara up for something she had coming? It all didn't make sense to her. Maybe she was over thinking the whole situation. There is no way that something so little could come between them.

"Sometimes I wonder what truly brought us together. Was our friendship in place only because we wanted our cutie marks so badly? Was that the only reason why we are friends, or is it something more then that?"

The filly sat there in complete silence for awhile, her thoughts consuming her mind. Nothing she thought of made any sense, was that really the only reason she had been friends with the other crusaders? Come to think of it they did talk a little bit before Diamond invited them to that stupid party. Was Diamond the reason why they where friends? No that can't be right, that's insane. There is no way there sworn enemy could have brought them together.

The orange filly started down the road towards Sugar Cube Corner. The sun was now fully visible in the sky, and ponies where up and about there business as normal. Scootaloo entered the bakery and sat down. Ms.Cake came out eventually and spotted the filly sitting alone.

"Why hello there Scootaloo, how are you this morning?" Ms.Cake said with a smile.

"I am fine, just thinking about stuff is all." Scootaloo replied softly.

"I see, do you want a cupcake? You can have it on the house."

"Yes please, thanks."

"Anytime dear." Ms.Cake said as she went back to the front counter and got a chocolate cupcake. Ms.Cake placed the sugary treat down in front of the filly.

"If you need anything else, just let me know."

"Thanks Ms.Cake" Scootaloo said with a weak smile

Scootaloo heard the door open, but thought nothing much of it. There where ponies always coming in and out of here. Scootaloo nibbled on the cupcake in front of her, and watched as ponies walked past the windows.

"Thought I would find you here." A familiar voice echoed in Scootaloo's ears. She turned to face the direction the voice had come form, and there sitting on the other side of the table was Sweetie Belle.

"Hey Sweetie Belle." Scootaloo said with a smile. "What brings you here?"

"I need to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

Sweetie Belle took out the notebook Rarity had taken notes on the previous day and handed it over to her bewildered friend. Sweetie Belle gave a nod to her friend to start reading it. Scootaloo opened the notebook and started reading what was inside. The orange filly's eyes widened every so offend. Once she was done she handed the notebook back to Sweetie Belle and just sat there. Scootaloo seemed to be in deep thought.

Sweetie Belle finally spoke up after what seemed like forever to the two fillies.

"So, what do you think now?" Sweetie Belle wanted to hear Scootaloo's thoughts on this more then anything.

"I....don't know what to say." Scootaloo was at a lost for words. There was nothing she could think up to say. On one hoof she wants to say she doesn't care, and that she is still a jerk. But another part of her wants to feel sorry for Diamond. Scootaloo got up and looked at Sweetie Belle.

"I need to go." Scootaloo said in an almost panic tone.

"W-What? Are you okay Scootaloo?" Sweetie Belle was growing worried at her friends unusual behavior.

"Yeah I am fine." With that Scootaloo left Sugar Cube Corner leaving her confused friend sitting there alone.

Scootaloo began to run, she didn't know where she was going, but she didn't stop. eventually she reached the bench that she had been sitting on prior to her visit to Sugar Cube Corner, but there was a pony already sitting there. Scootaloo focused her eyes, and she realized it was Silver Spoon. The grey filly spotted Scootaloo, and her sad exasperation turned into an angry one in almost the blink of an eye. Silver Spoon got up and walked over to Scootaloo.

"Do you have any idea what you did?!" Silver Spoon yelled.

Scootaloo didn't reply, she tried to step around her, but Silver Spoon blocked her way.

"Answer me!" Silver Spoon was getting more and more angry as Scootaloo stood there.

"Yeah, I beat Diamond Tiara up." Scootaloo said in an emotionless tone.

"Do you have any idea what all she has gone through?!"

"Yes I do, somepony let me read there notes on it."

"Notes?"

"Never mind, look, I am sorry about what happened to her brother and mom, but that still doesn't justify all the things you and her have done to us."

"Your lying! You are probably happy her mom and brother are dead! That's what your really thinking isn't it? You have no idea what she has gone through, you co-"

Before Silver Spoon could finish that sentence Scootaloo pushed her down to the ground. The orange filly placed her hoof on Silver Spoon's chest and pressed down hard to keep her down.

"Your lucky I don't beat you down for saying that. I might not like you or Diamond, but don't go on assuming that I am happy that almost all her family is dead! Also don't assume you know what I have and haven't gone through! You want to know a little fact about me? I am an orphan! I can't even recall what my parents look like! I go around doing little jobs for ponies to get by, I barely eat and when I do it isn't that much! My house got taken away because the bills weren't payed on the deadline! I sleep in the clubhouse, you know the one you, Diamond, and Babs took over for awhile! Don't you start talking to me about pain. You couldn't even imagine it even if you cared enough to try." Scootaloo got off Silver Spoon and walked away. There wasn't much more to be said.

Scootaloo walked down the path to the clubhouse. There wasn't much more she could do. Her mind was now clouded with thoughts once again. As she approched the clubhouse Scootaloo could hear voices inside.

"Probably the other crusaders" Scootaloo said with a sigh.

Scootaloo put her ear to the door so she could hear what they are talking about.

"I don't know, she just stormed out of Sugar Cube Corner, I was just left there to wonder why she wanted to get out of there."

"That's weird, and she did this after you showed her those notes?"

"Yeah, I guess she just couldn't process all the information at once."

"I don't buy that, there had to be some other reason why."

Scootaloo backed up from the door, and turned the other direction and walked away. The last thing she needed was her friends questioning her, much less knowing she is an orphan. Scootaloo thought back to her encounter with Silver Spoon, and thought about all that she had said to her. Why did she tell her all of that? Was it because she had so much built up anger towards her, or was it because she wanted her to know? Scootaloo couldn't figure herself out, and just shook away the thought.

Scootaloo found herself walking back to the spot that she had pushed Silver Spoon down at. She just closed her eyes and kept walking. The sooner she just forgets about this the sooner she can get everything back on track. The sky started to darken, and soon little raindrops started falling from the sky. Scootaloo walked into the schoolyard and sat on the front steps. All the memories started coming back to her. The events of the day she punched Diamond started playing back in her mind.

"Was what I did really the wright thing to do?"

Now that she thinks about it, there situations are similar. They have both had losses, and they both bottle up all the pain they have. Before she started talking with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle Scootaloo had gotten into plenty of fights. The only reason why she didn't beat down Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara sooner is because her friends have held her back all that time. Come to think about it how did Silver Spoon figure out about that? She wasn't there to see it for herself. Maybe Diamond had told her at the hospital.

The rain started coming down harder, and the trees started to sway back and forth. Scootaloo didn't move however, she just let the rain fall on her. This time the storm was on time, and not caused by accident. Scootaloo eventually got up and to her surprise the schoolhouse was unlocked. She walked inside and sat at her desk. Thunder roared outside and the winds picked up. The orange filly laid her head on the wooden desk, and closed her eyes. Thoughts about what she said to Silver Spoon where haunting her mind.

Scootaloo has never told anypony about her past, or how she lives, so why did she tell her of all ponies? All of the thoughts circulated around her head. The orange filly closed her eyes, and let the sound of the rain calm her mind. Scootaloo liked the rain a lot. To her it was peaceful, and had a beautiful sound. Before she knew it she had slipped into a deep sleep right there at her desk.