• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 516 Views, 8 Comments

Vinyl's Band - RainbowSkunk



Vinyl assembles a band to win a contest to go to her favorite band in concert.

  • ...
1
 8
 516

Chapter 1

Vinyl was at home in the living room. She was watching tv and flipping through the channels. She then stopped at a comercial. It said, "Are you a fan of Rock the Horse? Well, next week the members of the band will be holding a contest! The winnners get tickets to their concert in Ponyville, and will be able to meet the members! Will you win?"

Vinyl's jaw dropped. "Rock the Horse is going to be in Ponyville?!" she asked herself. "I have to win that contest."

She went to sign up. "Let's see, WHAT!?" Vinyl yelled. "BANDS ONLY?!" Vinyl walked home, upset.

Vinyl sat in her chair in the living room. Her friend, Octavia, noticed something was wrong.

"Vinyl," she asked. "are you ok?"

"No." Vinyl answered.

"Why are you so upset?" Octavia asked.

"My favorite band, Rock the Horse is having a contest to win tickets, but I can't enter." Vinyl explained.

"Why?" Octavia asked.

"Because I don't have a band." Vinyl answered.

"Well," Octavia said, "you're going to have to make a band."

"Hey! Great idea!" Vinyl cheered.

"See. You just need to find members." Octavia explained.

"You can be the bass player!" Vinyl said.

"What?" Octavia asked, confused.

"It was your idea!" Vinyl said. "You have to be in it!"

"Vinyl, I'm not into the whole, rock n roll thing. I play classical music." Octavia explained.

"Please!" Vinyl begged. "I need you!"

Octavia sighed. "Fine."

"Yes!" Vinyl cheered. "C'mon! Let's go find other members!" Vinyl ran out the door.

"I have a feeling I'm going to regret this." Octavia said, following Vinyl.

Author's Note:

The chapters to this story will be short.

Fun Fact
Everytime I spelled the Rock part in Rock the Horse, I spelled it Roch until I fixed it.