• Published 5th Apr 2014
  • 357 Views, 22 Comments

Elements Added - Lightosphere



Four ponys after having met in a concert and instantly becoming freinds odd things started happening to them, anything from glowing, to summoning objects of some importance into thier possesion. How will thier story unfold... find out!

  • ...
4
 22
 357

The Concert

Author's Note:

These are some songs that you can play in the background of the beginning to understand the feel of their music...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl2GtGBonTY : the fifth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBLIdB33HOw&list=PLC32346009C52836C :Fur Elise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0zuU2yYt3Y :sail (Cello version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8npztTppus0 :the future is now

PS: if you hadn't noticed I love to put Easter Eggs in here so If you can guess some of them, some are harder than others. One from the first chapter was what hotel Bruce had booked, it was a real hotel "poniefied". Good luck and read on.

Bruce had just finished the first book, Quest for the Sapphire Stone, It was interesting but he was glad to get out of his bed and head off toward the stage. When he arrived there were already quite a few ponies sitting and talking amongst themselves. He decided to take the most open table there was and it had had three other seats, he didn't like being alone and talking with others is extremely entertaining for him.

Quickly the open theater filled with ecstatic ponies that were looking forward to the song selection made by the two contradicting artists. Among these guests came a coal pony in a suit and a beautiful mare with a flowing, ocean blue, mane. The stallion quickly went off toward the bar to get some whiskey which left the unicorn to find a seat for herself, she knew the professor wouldn't mind if she left him to his own devices. She searched the tables and found a dark earth pony sitting alone, he looked bored, as if he needed to talk to somepony. After a few moments he turned and noticed her and signaled with a slight wave of a hoof and a light smile, inviting her to come and join his table.

"Hello there" He said as she sat down "quite a concert they've got here wouldn't you say?" With a slight flick of her head to get her hair out of her eyes responded softly compared to his booming voice "Yes, its very nice isn't it. My cousin is the DJ playing..." She trailed off and an awkward silence filled the air.

She swiftly and almost unnoticeably pulled a small stone from her saddle bag and rolled it between her hoofs. "Hmm, I see you use one of my Soothing Stones." She quickly put it down shamed of having been noticed. "Oh, you make them? I have always wondered how my hoofs don't make a scratch on it but you are able to round it out perfectly." "Well that mam' is a secret that only I know and I will take it to my grave." A broad smile spread across his face and they reentered the overbearing awkward silence.

"Well if I do say the tables filled up quickly." This comment was made by a white coated, flame maned, mare and was quickly followed up by a blurb from a curly haired stallion to her left "Well I guess we should grab some seats before their all gone."

They set off to find a table with a pair of chairs but found only one, it accompanied a dark brown earth pony and a light orange unicorn. They seemed to be in a slight bundle of silence, practically calling for somepony to speak.

The flame unicorn spoke first "Hey there, mind if we join ya?" not waiting for a response took a seat and relaxed into the chair. "So, who's who and what's up?" The blue Pegasus sat down gently, recognizing that he was uninvited, and made himself as small as possible. "Umm, sure, I'm Nadia Mesi and this is Boulder Bruce."

"Well I'm Flamella Frays and this is.." She waited and the shy Pegasus peeped in a sly way "My n-name is W-wind Writer."

The grass haired pony decided to take initiative and pointed out a simple observation "Hey Nadia, you and Flamella look similar, you related?"

"Doubt it, the only way we could possibly be related, is if we're cousins. The only cousin I have is playing right now, Vinyl Scratch." A look of awe spread across Nadia's face. "Hey she's my cousin too you have her coat while I have more of her hair."

While the two girls started chatting about family lineage and their lives. The stallions however had a completely different conversation. "Wait you said your name was Wind Writer right? The author of the Actinide series?" The author pony was perplexed by what he had but quickly replied with the subtitle " When Un-staple Elements Collide. I'm surprised you have heard of it, many don't even know it exists."

"My favorite chapter would definitely be chapter four: Uranium, it has the most interesting dialogue, it radiates with good penmanship." Bruce proudly announced, adding a pun to make the conversation inviting. As a counter the writer replied "Well the easiest to do was chapter ten: Einsteinium, most certainly the smartest choice if your new to the genre." The two stallions laughed as they through puns at each other. Eventually the conversation grew and spread to the mares.

The conversation was so intense that they didn't realize they began to glow and their colors change. Bruce became a leafy green all over his body and grew even more muscles than before. Wind lost the sky blue and went into a complete cloud of filmy white cloud. Flamella's white marshmallow body was soon consumed in molten lava. Lastly Nadia went from a traffic cone orange to a deep sea blue. Their conversations went on and by the time they left their colors had become normal. Afterward they were told they all left with colors glowing around them; Bruce green, Wind white, Flamella red, and Nadia blue. They took no notice of this change but soon it would become obvious something had happened that night that would change everything about all of them.

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

The next morning Bruce awoke to a sore back and body, it felt like he had slept on a rock. Wait. He WAS sleeping on a rock, a sedimentary rock that was very rough, and surprisingly, was the stone he had thought of just moments before waking up to the rock underneath him. He was clueless to what had happened, one second he was happily sleeping upon a comfy mattress, the next he was on the scratchiest hardest stone imaginable. In his dream he was about to turn the impossibly coarse rock into a sparkling stone to be admired by all. With this new thought of where his bed went once he rose and turned toward the bed he saw it was, a bed? How could this be? He just saw and felt a rock, but now it's gone, not a trace but his own memory.

He looked at himself to see if there was something wrong with him, as a matter of fact there was, he was glowing and his coat had changed. He was not dark chocolate brown anymore, just a green that could be described as leafy. Things were changing and he knew it, he decided to go back to bed for there was no point in fretting over a matter this late at night. What he didn't know was that he was tired and had to get new sleep for he had spent almost all of his energy, on accident, with his unknown powers.

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

Nadia had chosen a nice hotel for her and her professor to sleep in, it even came with water beds. Once asleep she started dreaming of being able to breath under water and exploring the oceans depths. What she didn't know was that it was happening her mind opened and the water flowing in the bed found the tinniest of leaks in the mattress and forced Its way out. Once nearly completely deflated the water that pooled out coalesced around Nadia lifting her and traveling through the open door toward the pool. Once there it slowly dove into the depths of it and she was engulfed with the pool water.

She awoke to the feeling of cool air surrounding her and she opened her eyes, they were blurry. She looked around and tried to clean her eyes out but soon realized that she was underwater, and breathing, no scuba tank, nothing. She took in a breath and felt the water travel into her mouth and it instantly turned to air when it passed her esophagus. she rose up and got out of the water and made her way to a stack of towels. When she arrived, which only took a few seconds, she reached forward and realized that one, she was not wet, and two, her coat was now a vivid oceanic blue. Her eyes were drooping and there was a padded chair near by. She didn't want to walk all the way back and she was nearly dead from tiredness. It couldn't hurt to sleep out here near the calm water, right?

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

Wind was content with his evening, he had made some new friends, and he was now feeling a bit giddy. He sat down in his desk and pulled out his simple laptop. He had been writing a new story on HumFiction.com that had to do with a simple guy in high school who was also writing a small story but had a secret that he didn't want many to know. He had learned facts about humans from his friend Lyra, who was an anthropologist.

After writing a whole new chapter he put the computer down and placed it into a corner. He headed off to his bed to get some rest before the morning, he had to clean up the mess from the night and fix up the weather. He had a hoof-made cloud bed that would mold to his every position allowing for his wings. As he drifted off into sleep he didn't realize that he was actually drifting just above his bed. The wind outside was quickly picking up and his cloud house was made to survive a light wind but not a storm, which it soon escalated to. The walls ripped away, wind whipping through the now barren house, tore everything apart aside from the eye of the tornado that had formed, it stayed away from his bed. Though he heard everything around him he was experiencing euphoria and wasn't waking up anytime soon...

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

"Well, that couldn't have gone any better could it?" Flamella commented out loud though there was nopony there to hear. She rolled over on her side and stared into the happy picture of her mother and father, their faces forever frozen in glee as she first began to walk. "Good night Mum. Night Dad." She drifted once again into her nightmare filled sleep, but this time was different.

.......

"Honey?" a small sweet voice asked though the barely lit house, "Did you get Flamey to bed alright?"

"Sure did. Now you said you wanted to see the news so, shall we?"

"Ok."

The facts were few but they were enough to paint the picture of pain and suffering of the family. When Flamella's mother went to join the father she had forgotten that she was cooking a cake for her daughter's birthday the next day. When the cake started to burn the oven kept all the smoke and smell inside so there was no way to tell what was soon to happen.

"Run!!! Get Flamella! Quick!" The mother wasn't afraid of waking up the filly, rather, she was terrified of the fire and smoke seeping through the floor and covering the walls.

"But Hon..." He never got to finish his sentence when the ceiling caved in on the mother killing her instantly. He wouldn't let the same happen to his one and only daughter. He ran through the house and found the young unicorn staring blankly at a small pile of flame that had made its way in front of her, she seemed, mesmerized? He couldn't ponder this now, he had to get her out. The hall that he had just run through was engulfed in fire. He looked around and found that there was a way, but only one of them would make it.

The fire-ponies reported late and found a young filly laying in the grass on the ground in an impossible shape, her left front hoof was completely turned around. The ambulance soon followed and took her away. After the fire was doused they began the search, there were fatalities. A unicorn mare who was in a heavily burnt bed and a earth stallion, reaching out the window that was just above where the filly was found. It was quickly assumed that after the wife having been killed, he ran into the daughters room, wrapped her in milk soaked blankets, and dropped her as easily as he could as the flames engulfed his too. In doing this he saved the fillies life, minus a dislocated shoulder.

.......

She awoke to the smell of flame, something she had grown used to as a pyrologist. But this was different, this brought back the memories. She looked around her house and saw an anarchy of flames trying to reach out to her. She snuggled further into her bed and closed her eyes, if she was going to die, she would do so in peace.