• Published 8th Apr 2014
  • 1,976 Views, 6 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode II: The Lunar Republic Strikes Back - sonicdash123



After a fierce battle at Canterlot and the Death Star was destroyed, half of the Lunar forces remain vigilant across the land of Equestria and has brought back to life the dark unicorn king of the Crystal Empire.

  • ...
34
 6
 1,976

Chapter 2: Ghost of a Jedi

Charming Thunder entered the comms room and as the doors closed, he pressed buttons on the holo terminal to contact his sister to inform her something important. He then waited patiently for her to answer the transmission. The hologram of Princess Cadence then appeared and she then said, "Charming Thunder, what a pleasant surprise. What news do you bring?" He was then started to sweat as he was about to tell her what he just discovered.

"I have good news and bad news," he said nervously. "The good news is that we found the Lunar Republic base in the icy wastelands in the north and we are heading there now."

"Wonderful news, brother. Whats the bad news?"

"The bad news is that they found....the horn of King Sombra."

Cadence then gasped in shock after what Charming Thunder said. "Impossible. He should be gone forever. The Crystal Heart destroyed him. I saw it happen."

"I don't know why they have it in case you were going to ask. But whatever they are planning, I believe that they are going to bring him back to life."

"Then we must move quickly. I'll contact Celestia and Twilight about the news. In the mean time, you need to infiltrate the base and search for that horn."

"As you wish." The transmission then ended as an officer entered the room.

"We have arrived, sir," he said. "Comm scans are detecting something inside that cave. I believe that it is where they are hiding."

"Prepare to deploy our ground troops. We need to head inside and retrieve the horn of King Sombra before they escape with it."

"Yes, sir." The officer saluted and left the room in a hurry to inform the troops to head to the ground. Charming Thunder then headed to his wardrobe and fetched his snow gear. He puts on his scarf and goggles and left the comms room to join up with the rest of the troops.

---------------------

The shuttle carrying the troops opened the hatch and deployed troops to the ground along with Charming Thunder. The squad then started to run inside the cave to infiltrate the base and take the horn of King Sombra. As the troops entered the base, they saw a group of droids as a droid said, "Blast them!!" The squad then took cover behind the rocks as the enemy started firing at them. They all then got out of cover and shot the droids that were firing at them. Charming Thunder blasted one of them in the head while the rest were shot in the chest by his squad. He then moved up to the table which had the horn but the horn is not there.

"Darn it," he said. "Its not here. The Changelings must've taken it already."

The commander approached Charming Thunder and said, "Sir, we have spotted a ship getting ready for take off. I believe that is where the horn is being taken."

"Head to the hangar. We need to get the horn before they take off."

"Yes, sir. You heard him, men. Head to the hangar." Charming Thunder and the squad then rushed to the hangar doors that were shut tight. One of the troopers placed a charge on the door and took cover with the others. The door exploded and the squad then got out of cover and moved inside. "STOP THAT SHIP!!" Charming Thunder shouted. "BLAST IT!!" The squad started to blast the ship but it took no damage. The ship then started to take off as they continued to shoot it. The interceptor flew out of the hangar in a flash as the troops stopped firing. "Dang it."

"What now, sir?" a trooper said.

"Lets head back to Canterlot and inform the princesses about the--" He was interrupted when he heard a beeping sound coming from the comlink. He took it out of his saddlebag and turned it on.

The hologram viewed Princess Celestia as she said, "Charming Thunder, report your status on your mission. Have you retreved the horn?"

"No, Aunt Celestia. The target carrying it has escaped."

"The mission was a failure then. Get your squad out of there and head back to Canterlot. The princesses and I including Twilight and her friends are going to have a meeting about this situation."

"I'm on my way." The transmission then ended and he placed his holo communicator back in his saddlebag.

---------------------

On the flight back to Canterlot, he was in his chambers resting from the battle he was just in. He then heard a voice calling out to him. "Who's there?" he asked as he got up. "Show yourself." The ghostly figure then revealed himself not as a pony but as a human. He had long hair and a beard and is wearing a cloak over his robe. "Who are you?"

"I am Qui-Gon Jinn." the spirit said. "I have come to help you."

"And how pray tell are you going to help? You're dead."

"That may be true. But I am one with the force. A guardian spirit of the Jedi order. Perhaps you have heard of it?"

"I think I remember a man named Luke Skywalker talking about your kind. He is becoming a Jedi as well."

"Yoda must've trained him well then. I heard that Luke has confronted his father and redeemed him to the light."

"Thats good news. But I have problems of my own."

"I know. You are trying to stop this...Lunar Republic from bringing back to life an ancient foe that your kind have feared for a thousand years. What can you tell me about Sombra?"

"He was a unicorn who was once a former tyrant ruler of the kingdom of the Crystal Empire. He was the master of dark magic."

"Unlike the dark side of the force?"

"Yes. My aunts Luna and Celestia have turned him into shadow and banished him to the ice of the arctic north. But he was able to place a curse which caused the kingdom to vanish into thin air. A few years passed til he returned. He tried to rule the kingdom again but a friend of mine named Spike delivered the Crystal Heart, the symbol of the kingdom to defeat Sombra and break the curse that was placed on the kingdom."

"Interesting. And now your enemy has the remains of the dark king?"

"Yes."

"I must leave. Once you finish your meeting with the princesses of your world, go to the Everfree forest. There you will find me, Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin."

"I will keep my promise, Master Qui-Gon." He then bowed to him as the spirit vanished.