• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 1,180 Views, 34 Comments

A true Redemption - Stormhoof



Princess Luna decides to Have an event similer to the Gala to improve her standings with Equestrians

  • ...
1
 34
 1,180

Interuptions 2/4:Race against the moon

Luna looked over to the next group, A mass of Pegasi in a somewhat lighter version of the normal guard armor, obviously designed for speed, which gave her a brilliant idea. Calling upon her magic she formed 100 wisps of clouds which she sent around the castle, each one forming a small ring. Smiling she turned to address the battalion of young stallions.

"We have decided that the best way to test you would be a race"She said, pausing for effect with a grin, "Against your comrades and I. If any among you are able to best us in a race around the palace, Then you will be relieved from training until tomorrow, Are we clear?" she finished, already seeing the perked wings of several among them, she stepped over to join their ranks, flaring her wings with a wider grin

"Drill Sergeant? we shall commence the race on thous count." Came her voice, calmer then her expression as she readied herself.

"Wha...Alright then!Are you all Ready?" Came his booming voice, continuing before there was any response.

"ONE!" he shouted, all of them, Luna included focused on the first wispy ring.

"TWO!" he boomed louder, each pegasi flaring their wings as Luna did.

The drill Sergeant smirked, giving a small delay "THREE, OFF YOU GO!" before he could finish there was a loud "Woosh" above him as they all took off.

Luna had captured the first ring, and the second, and the third, and yet another. She was neck and neck with a Lavender coated stallion. Smirking the lavender pegasi pulled forward, leaving Luna just behind his tail. He could not believe it, he a simple guard had...WOOSH! She ruched past him, capturing 5 more rings before he could catch up to her. Only a few others had managed to get close, about five others,all of which were about 10 yards behind their lavender comrade.

Luna started to feel a steady ache in her wings, it had been long since she had ever employed such speed, the lavender pegasi was gaining quickly, now pulling up next to her, and past her. He had managed to capture 10 rings before she could force herself forward. Whats this? she thought to herself, forcing past him yet again We are the moon! her muscles howled at her as the last 6 rings came into view. Pulling up again the lavender pegasi passed her capturing the next two, then two to her, Just a bit faster she thought,she captured the next ring, last one, just a little... WOOSH! The lavender pegasi rushed past her,capturing the final ring for the win. How could he?,she thought...But slowing down she glided to the ground along with all the others, wings sore, lungs aching as she looked up at the victor.

He was nothing remarkable, he had a smaller build then most of the others, but his wings were strong, as if he flew with boulders daily. Standing at attention as she approached he saluted her.

"At ease...Tell us...What is thous name and rank?" she kept her voice steady, betraying her exhaustion.

"Uh...Um." He started, clearly shocked he won, "M-my name Is Dusk, Ma'am, Dusk StarGlow. Entry level Recruit!" He hastened up at the end trying to control his nerves.

"Hmmm. Thou is only at entry level? Well, We congratulate you Dusk, As you have done what no other could, You have emerged victorious from a race with The moon princess, we hope that you enjoy your newfound free time." She finished smiling having finally caught her breath.

"Now just hold on a minute! You can't let this maggot have the day off! This is day one for him!" Came the booming voice of the Drill sergeant.

Turning with a glare to him Luna Boomed with her own voice "This Stallion here beat every one of his comrades, And I in a race, and you DARE raise thy voice to us? WE are the princess of the moon, WE can give what orders we wish WHEN we wish them!" The force of her voice caused his hooves to dig into the ground, he stood still not speaking.

Luna turned to Dusk with a small smile "You are dismissed recruit." her voice was as soft as a cloud compared to the scolding she gave the Drill sergeant .

Saluting and smiling nervously, the pegasi dismounted toward the barracks. Leaving luna to turn towards the next group, ignoring the stunned Drill sergeant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors note: Sorry it took awhile, updating as soon as possible, enjoy, and be happy, I shall be proof reading my chapters these next few weeks and editing what I can.