• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 1,179 Views, 34 Comments

A true Redemption - Stormhoof



Princess Luna decides to Have an event similer to the Gala to improve her standings with Equestrians

  • ...
1
 34
 1,179

Interuptions 1/4: First inspection

Luna could not help but giggle to herself, she had so many Ideas running through her head and barely half took up two pages. She continued her writing for a minute then came a knock at the door.

*Knock*

"Princess luna, there is a message for you!" Came the voice of a guard pony.

Stepping over to open the door she smiled at the young guard taking from him an envelope with with a green seal saying to him before retreating back to her desk "We thank you very much, You are dismissed." her voice was light and cheerful as she dismissed him. She looked again at the seal as it seemed familiar, she opened the envelope to take a look at the letter inside.

Princess Luna

This letter is to remind you that today you and your sister have an appointment

For a dress fitting At Glenna Gleams Gowns this afternoon at 4:30, We would would

very much appreciate it if both your majesty and Princess Celestia were to arrive in

a punctual manner. Keep in mind since these dresses will be for the Grand Galloping

Gala that it is important we get the fitting done as soon as possible. We thank you for

choosing Glenna Gleams to do your fitting and we hope to see you soon.

Best regards,

Glenna Gleam

Luna set the letter down a little upset, she had so much she had wanted to get on paper and had completely forgotten the dress fitting. Sighing slightly she jotted down a few more of her ideas, it was only around 10 so she had plenty of time, but she had many other things she had to attend to. Putting her smile back in place she trotted into her restroom to take a relaxing shower. Adjusting the water to the perfect temperature she climbed in, embracing the heated water as it coursed over her mane,neck,and flank.

It wasn't every day the Princess actually had time to enjoy her shower, and seeing as nopony else was around she started to sing cheerfully. Gently washing her coat and mane she continued, It was a song she had thought of long ago,of course she was the only one that knew it, and its lyrics were quite simple, still she preferred to keep the song to herself, it was a small piece of her that reminded her of when the kingdom was young. Rinsing her mane and applying her conditioner she came to the end of the song, humming gently as she mulled over her daily schedule.

After drying off with the help of her magic,she trotted back out to her room feeling clean and fresh. gently levitating her crown on she left, bound for the training field as this month it was her turn to run Inspections. Although usually the inspection is a quick look over, she thought today she would surprise the guards a bit. Stepping out into the courtyard that leads to the training field she smiled, letting the fresh air fill her lungs.

When she reached the training field to see the armor clad stallions divided into groups, Unicorns, Pegasi, and earth ponies. Walking over to the drill Sergeant , who clearly was lost in the orders he was giving she cleared her throat.

"Yeah, yeah in a minute..." Came his voice.

Clearing her throat again she gave his armor a light prod, some of the guards eyed her as they realized the drill Sergeant was basically ignoring her.

"I said in a minute!"Came his voice again as he turned around, quickly realizing his mistake.

"O-oh P-princess Luna...H-here for inspections I presume?" His voice was shaky for another moment before he gained his composure.

"Yes sir, we would appreciate if you would divide the troops into small groups,we have a separate tests for Unicorns, Pegasi, And earth ponies" Luna said, giggling a bit in her head to his reaction.

"You heard the lady! Unicorns Over to the left field! Pegasi to the middle and earth Ponies to the right, Go Go Go!" said the Drill Sergeant his voicing booming outward.

Looking over each group she started with the unicorns, who evidently were practicing archery as a quiver was on each of their saddles. Smiling she began to speak.

"Today we have prepared a special test, and it would seem you Unicorns have all you need " She said indicating one of the quivers filled with arrows. Levitating some small stones,one for each unicorn, she sent them high into the air.

"Each of you have but one shot, We have enchanted the stone so that any arrows that might hit will stick in place. We wish you the best of luck" Said Luna, Projecting her voice outward. Without any further delay the arrows were drawn and they took aim, Luna gave a nod to indicate they may fire at will. All of them fired, sending a hail of arrows towards the stones, all but one,who took an extra minute before firing the Only shot that actually hit a stone. Luna gave the one successful archer a nod.

"See here! Only one among you actually hit a target"Turning to the successful Unicorn Luna asked "We ask that you tell us your name and rank sir" She gave him a small smile waiting for his answer.

Standing at attention he said "Private Gale Peirce Ma'am!"

Smiling gently Luna said "At ease, You are dismissed for the day sir, good job." now turning to the rest of the unicorns she said in her same kind voice

"We urge all of you to practice hard, Good day." She gave them all a nod, seeing that The Unicorn she just dismissed was still shooting at a straw target.

"We must not have been clear, we dismiss you from training until tomorrow." She was curious as to why he was still there.

He unstrung his bow and forced a smile "If you insist princess" and trotted off, avoiding the gave of the drill Sergeant who was confused.

Luna looked over to the next group, the pegasi and sighed contently to herself "What a day this will be"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note: This is the first of 4 "Interruptions" Chapters,so...Be patient XD