• Published 30th Mar 2014
  • 901 Views, 10 Comments

Arrows are Beautiful - Voxyl the Game Dragon



Flim and Flam break up and Flim is the one to leave. Flim is run from every town he enters. He goes to Ponyville, hoping he can stay. While being ambushed by the mane 6, a mare comes to his rescue. This mares gives him what he's never had.

  • ...
2
 10
 901

Morning Rescue

Emerald Arrow was a green archer pegasus mare. A shining emerald bow as her cutie mark. She had a forest green mane with red streaks and cerulean eyes. Her mane was a neat, yet scruffy do.

And today she would meet the pony of her dreams without knowing it.


Emerald opened her eyes and flew out of bed. She kicked her windows open.

"Hello, morning sun and mane 6 about to attack a colt! Wait, what?"

Emerald looked out her window. Indeed, the 6 well-known ponies were cornering a lanky colt.

"What the?"

Emerald grabbed her binoculars and peered through them.

"Colt alright. Salespony. Ruffed up, so they must have beat him a bit. Better go stop this."

Emerald grabbed her bow and arrows and pulled back on the bowstring. She let the tinted-red arrow fly.

It struck the wall, knocking her saddlebag down.

She hooked her bow around her neck and ran to catch her bag. It landed on her back.

She spread her wings and flew backwards out the window.


"This is the last time you sell phony products," Twilight growled.

"B-but I wasn't! I swear," Flim choked.

"Then what's in the closed cart your lagging around," Rainbow growled.

"It's just my stuff! Flam kicked me out. He said he didn't need me anymore. That he could hit the big time on his own."

Flim began sobbing into his hooves.

"Hey!"

Everypony, turned around and saw a Emerald Arrow. She landed in front of Flim and took a battle stance.

"Leave him alone!"

"Emerald Arrow! What are you doing here," Fluttershy asked.

"Protecting this defenseless colt, that you all so happen to be ganging up on!"

"This colt is a scam artist," Rarity said.

"And I'm an archer," Emerald said.

"He has a nasty history," Pinkie said.

"History is nothing if it's in the past!"

Her sudden outburst scared every one.

"It may shape who you are, but not what's inside. My father, Topaz Bow, was a crook and a criminal, but after he found friends and love he changed. My father may have had the worst a pony could have had, but he changed. Because he was given a second chance be Celestia."

Flim couldn't believe his ears. This mare, who probably doesn't even know him, was sticking up from him. She had aided him in his time of need. Emerald Arrow, is that what the yellow one called her? Flim looked up at her.

"Leave or I'll have to use force," Emerald said. She pulled out her bow and arrow and pulled back on the bowstring.

Everyone flinched.

"Come on y'all. We'll deal with this varmint later," AppleJack said.

The 6 ponies walked away, looking back every so often.

Emerald lowered her bow and returned it back to its rightful place. She turned around offered a hoof to the cowering, light-cream, unicorn.

"I'm Arrow. Emerald Arrow," she greeted, helping him up.

"I'm Fluke, I-I mean Flim," he said.

Emerald giggled. Flim felt his heart flutter. He suddenly wished he had AppleJack's brother's coat.

"Those girls were ruffin' ya pretty hard, weren't they," she joked, nudging him in the chest.

"I don't blame them. I have a horrible reputation in Ponyville. My brother and I are know for our scams. We would use song and fake demonstrations to sell our products."

Emerald flipped over his cart.

"Look-"

"OH, COME ON!"

"What was that," Flim asked.

"Nothing. Written Script's hot chocolate dropped. It happens on a daily basis."

"O....k."

"Now back to what I was saying. Look, you can tell me all about your life inside my house. It's gonna rain soon, plus you're covered in wounds and cuts."

"I'm fine. There's no need to worry about me."

Flim began walking away, limping.

Emerald put on a firm face and trotted up to him. She crawled under him and wrapped his hoof around her shoulder.

"My mother, Gilded Heal, was a gifted doctor. I learned a few things from her. I can help you."

"I'm fine. Real-"

Flim looked down at Emerald. Her eyes were huge with concern and plead. His heart exploded.

Twice!

He was going to say no again but that one word got him.

"Please."

Flim gave into defeat. He couldn't say no to a face like that.

"Fine," he grumbled.

"Yay!"

Emerald wrapped her hoof around his shoulder and helped him into her house.