• Published 30th Mar 2014
  • 1,519 Views, 63 Comments

Remilia's Scarlet Equestria - Dragonborne Fox



A vampire finds herself turned into a horned batpony. Armed with a Norse weapon of legend, can she conquer the land of ponies?

  • ...
4
 63
 1,519

Chapter Five: Run-In

I was not pleased. Beasts had forced themselves upon me, my noble flesh was stolen away; a display most unbecoming of one such as I had taken place here. I had no recollection of skill, I had no power here, for it was all so new, so perplexing. Yes, ‘pleased’ was certainly not an accurate description of my current mood, much less a prospect I’d hope to achieve soon.

Were I certain of the equines’ cognitive and intellectual competence, perhaps my fate may have ventured down a different road. My nature as an aristocrat became my most valued asset, as it were; had I but the knowledge I so sorely lacked, this nature would surely surpassed the evident simplicity of the feral species in this new world.

“A skilled hawk does not show its claws.”

Inadvertently, I ended up speaking that particular line; that the black witch would come to hear as my first, albeit unneeded opponent in Gensokyo. That memory of my battle with that shrine maiden surfaced in in immediate flow, and I feel content for a single moment. A memory of losing to a human, but nonetheless one I held dear at this instant, for it was profound evidence that I was once one to be feared. I would do anything to relive that moment, or perhaps to reenact that glory in a scarlet halo of my equine audience! The mistakes I have made here will be surely eclipsed by my achievements!!

No, this would not do. These beasts would be given their retribution soon enough, but the time of my revenge is not one when I let my anger drive me. To lose control another time would be my death—it would be a far less preferable fate than that which my noble blood craves.

Whether by divine grace or simply bittersweet irony, the end to my tirade appears in the form of a small battalion of a mere dozen ponies, a few clad in pristine white armour that seemed to glister as though graced by the sun, fewer radiating a darkness of the night sky above from their dusk-colored armour shells. In the case of the armoured ponies, I found to my perplexion that their scents seemed faint, as though an act to conceal it was made upon them. Of this, I was wary.

“Protect the citizens at all costs!”

“Vanquish the beast without fail!”

It seemed that I was branded a monster. These hypocrites demanded my death so swiftly with little regard for a respectable vampire such as myself. The thought sickened me; they reminded me so of the type of mortal I always prayed to never meet again.

I knew at that moment that the time was ever so near for battle, though not yet. I had no intention of allowing Hakurei Reimu, the miko who bested me, to have reason to stand against me.

Was I going to slay some more wretched equines and protect my honor, or was I to flee and forever be branded with the mark of a hunter’s target? I noticed that, unlike the pony I had split in two, this battalion consisted of stallions with either wings of feathers or horns like mine. Only one other, in fact, had wings matching mine in structure.

I had no idea why, but a peculiar interest for him sparked in me. In a world where I am from—with only one known lecherous male—I guess that is something to be expected; that is, finding interest in one so much like you in the form of a foreigner.

I broke out of my stupor, however, when he rose onto his hind legs brandishing a set of metal claws attached to horseshoes. The unicorns held javelins with points of silver, and the pegasus stallions brandished swords in their mouths.

I needed to act now.

My wings spread, and I began flapping them with such haste I felt like a hummingbird for a minute or so. The skies gave my solace as I soared unto the opposite direction while I was lifted off of the ground, shooting well beyond the forest canopy like a rocket. The dumbfounded ponies, caught by surprise, looked at me with terrified wonder. I arched my body sharply, turning my attention towards a mountain in the distance. "Perhaps I could hide there," I thought as I swerved to align myself properly before racing away—out of sight, out of mind of the ponies.

At least, for the time being. That was, until I saw the pony with claws tailing me with a vengeance of a hungry beast. He was shouting something I dared not make sense out of, instead keeping my eyes on the mountain.

That was a mistake on my behalf, for I felt a great jolt of pain in my backside like a knife was plunged into my spine. I was then shocked with most horrid electricity, and I couldn’t contain a scream as I plummeted to the ground…

->-->->-->->-->->-->->-->->-->->-->->-->

... I found myself surrounded by the guards again, and this time we were all in the middle of a village. The world around me seemed to float by in an instant, and I found that I was positioned on my read end, hind hooves chained as if I were about to be paraded in the streets. My sight was troubled and painful to utilize.

Quick as lightning, I found myself scooped up in familiar, tan hooves. I saw glimmering strands of black hair on the head of my benefactor. The shouting of the guards was far gone now, and I felt my wings shut tightly around my body, unable to move for some reason. My tail was probably wavering in a breeze of some kind.

The shouting returned, only to once more fade in the distance. The world around me darkened, and I knew now I was in an unlit place of some kind. I was laid down onto my backside, and my unlikely savior removed the chains on my hooves. I was still dazed, but still able to recognize Reimu Hakurei as she removed more chains that I found were pinning my wings shut.

The one thing I could make out from her words before my world went black once more was, “They really did a number on you.”