• Published 30th Mar 2014
  • 1,504 Views, 63 Comments

Remilia's Scarlet Equestria - Dragonborne Fox



A vampire finds herself turned into a horned batpony. Armed with a Norse weapon of legend, can she conquer the land of ponies?

  • ...
4
 63
 1,504

Chapter Four: Maidens

The knowledge of my own capability flowed through me. Given the circumstances in which my brain had been working for once, I wanted to kick myself so much. I had decided against it, though. I am positive these hooves would damage myself more efficiently than with my vampire strength alone.

I held my Gungnir in one of the crooks of my forelegs, noticing how comfortable it felt to be wielding it once more. I saw a soft, red tint on the tree before me, and it did not come from my spear.

I looked up, crossing my eyes in the process. My horn was the cause of the faint light.

A thought hit me. I held up my other hoof and, in a bit of red mist, a spellcard had appeared there at the end of my appendage.

I pulled the card close to my face and read the inscription it had.

Scarlet Gensokyo.

I smiled wickedly as I read the name of one of my favorite forms of danmaku. Sure, the bullets produced by said spellcard weren’t lethal to anything (I tried this with Reimu a few weeks ago. She kicked my butt.), and sure, they were one color. But I did have the ability to move every single bullet in a vast array of directions, making it much easier to confuse my enemy. It should definitively be enough to destroy my enemies within this colorful world.

How I needed to destroy. Perhaps I could find a gap in my little rampage and return home. I would like to add some of the blood I spill, but such an event was neither here nor there. I would love to add the blood here to my next cup of delicious tea back home.

The bushes came to life again. I smelled the air carefully and froze stiffer than cardboard.

The damned shrine maiden had followed me. I turned around to greet a tan mare with a black mane and brown eyes. Two red bands were in her mane, and a much larger, red bow on the back of her head. She had her body angled, so I saw a red-and-white yin-yang orb plastered onto her hip.

“Yeah… I did see the stallion jump you, so I’ll let it slide,” she sighs, a look of annoyance apparent on her face.

At last, someone whose human-like habits remain unchanged, even within this equine flesh. Reimu was an enemy I knew well, but one whom I can deeply respect had I been in the right mindset.

“A stallion jumped me too. It’s an understandable reaction,” the shrine keeper says, blinking a few times. “Next time, please try not to go overboard.”

I nodded, unable to say anything from the pure shock of having a familiar face show up without warning. I poised my Gungnir under my wing and reverted to all fours.

“Let’s be grateful it isn’t Rinnosuke running around jumping us.” Reimu sighed again, a small smile on her face. I couldn’t agree more; had that shopkeeper been here, I wouldn’t hold myself back. That half-breed youkai was far too lecherous for his own good.

“So, how’d you get here?” I dared to ask, raising a brow upwards.

“To be honest, I’d ask the same thing,” the girl with the red bow in her mane replied, shrugging her shoulders to the best of her abilities.

“Great, we’re both in the same boat,” I said sarcastically. The shrine maiden nodded.

“This form doesn’t feel right,” the maiden complained, sitting down and rubbing the back of her head.

“Same here,” I added, feeling my tail twitch ever so slightly.

“Well, I’m off to find us both a way outta here,” Reimu sighed before jumping impossibly high in the air and flying off to Sariel knows where.

I sighed, glancing at the high moon again. I could’ve sworn I saw another shape with wings flying overhead, and I knew it wasn’t Reimu, for she lacked wings with which to fly.