• Published 10th Apr 2014
  • 478 Views, 29 Comments

A Fighter's World - Sava Warg



Nopony knows him, nopony cares about him, and that's just the way he likes things.

  • ...
2
 29
 478

Day two

It's Tuesday morning, and all is well in my little cabin. The water needle found a huge underground deposit of water and is ready to pump away. I was snoring happily, dreaming about my first dive, when a rapid pounding sounds on my door. I snap awake as cold adrenalin rushes through my veins. Who is it? How did they find me so quickly? When someone knocks on your door the day after you move into the ninth scariest place in Equestria, it usually means something bad is about to happen. My fears were confirmed as I looked through the peep hole in my front door. A pink mare mumbling ecstatically to herself: Pinkie.

Why would she come to my door so early in the morning, I mean it's only 12:04pm, oh wait. Thump Thump Thump! Blast that mare. Can't a colt have some peace and quiet. That is the point of solitude, isn't it? BANG BANG BANG!!! Alright, this mare is officially trying to break down my door now. Guess I have no choice. I'm gonna have to start my apocalypse: I will have to open the door.

Creak. As soon as the door is open, I am swept off my feet and slammed into the wall. Pain surges through my back, my head feels numb, and stars dance in and out of my vision, or is that confetti?

"Shoot, to much pressure built up. OMYGOSH, are you ok?" Pinkie says from the doorway.

"I'm fine, it was only a 250 psi compressed air blast!" I say, slowly making my way off the ground

"Actually, it was a 230 psi air blast, silly filly" Pinkie Says with confidence, like everypony knows this.

"Who cares? What do you want?" I say, annoyed that she didn't even have the courtesy to help her victims up.

"It's your welcome to ponyville party of course, and I wanted to take you on a tour of ponyville" She said, ready to explode with happiness.

"Fine, but I doubt you can keep track of me." I say, ready to run at the next moment she drops her guard.

All of a sudden, her smile changes to evil smirk and she loosens up, as if she were ready to fight. "Try me" she says, so full of confidence that I almost don't run. Almost.

There are perks to diving in old ruins, and my favorite are Phase Crystals. When my group went hunting for the diamond dog treasure hoard, we stumbled upon a cavern of easily breakable,milky white crystals. Upon studying them, we found that if a non-magical creature ate one, it would turn them invisible to the naked eye. If a magical creature, like a unicorn, ate one, it would force a spell that would create a small field of distorted light, and everypony inside would become incapable of seeing each other. The best part was that you can regrow them, but they grow very slowly, a cluster would only grow to full size after three weeks time.

"Ok, let's get started then." I say as I pop one into my mouth.

I bite down, and an overly sweet taste fills my mouth. Pinky stares at me, or should I say through me, in disbelief. I back away as she tries to touch me to see if I am still there. Then her demeanor changes once again, this time to a scowl that scare a dragon. "BUCK, BUCK, BUCKING LITTLE BUCKER!!! WHY THE BUCK CAN HE TELEPORT?! THIS RUINS EVERYTHING!! GAH! THE NEXT TIME I SEE HIM, IM GONNA GLUE HIM TO A BUCKING ROCK!!!" She screams with over exaggerated leg flails.

I almost start laughing at this ponies hidden side. This day just got a bit more interesting.

I am heading to town square as fast as I can, when a bitter taste fills my mouth. Oh well, I had hoped that I would be inside when it wore off. As I pop back into visibility, a nearby mare, who had just happened to look my direction, saw me fade back into reality and screamed. Great, now there will be ghost stories about me. As I shoot around a corner, I run into a light orange hided, blond maned mare. "Watch where ya run'" She yells at me, even though I'm already up and running again.

Apparently, she really wanted to give me a piece of her mind, because she started following me. Too bad I couldn't afford someone chasing me. It could attract too much attention, then Pinkie would come running, and I would be in serious trouble. I kept running, desperately trying and failing to find a good place to hide, until I finally got to town square, and saw that Sugarcube Corner was having a special. Making good use of the distance I had on that orange mare, I ducked inside and made my way towards a crowded table, partly for hiding, partly to see what was going on. Turns out, a pony by the name of Quick Hold was in a serious game of cards, and had won fifty bits off the other competitors. So I got in the crowd and started cheering for Quick Hold, just in time for the orange pony to burst through the door.

Luckily, she didn't see me, and decided to get some food. When I turned my attention to the card game, one of the competitors, a unicorn yelled in anger. He had just lost another thirty bits to Quick Hold. While Quick Hold was celebrating, the unicorn reached into his coat and pulled out a huge bag of bits. He then announced that Quick Hold was cheating, and said that if he wasn't, then half the bag of bits would be given to Quick Hold, and the rest would be given to everyone in the building. He also said that if Quick Hold was cheating, he would have to give all his winnings to the unicorn and leave the game. The unicorn then reached under the table and pulled a deck of cards from some hidden compartment, and yelled that he saw Quick Hold put his hoof under the table multiple times during the game. It made sense to me, except for one thing. "If it's his, why is it on your side of the table?"

At this comment, the crowd yelled in outrage. Next thing I know, the unicorn is being dragged and thrown outside, and the bag of bits is being passed around, for everyone to share. Quick Hold pulls me over and thanks me by buying me a drink. After that they competitors decide they have played long enough, and leave the building. Things quiet down for a while, but then the orange mare from earlier sees me and drags me outside. When we get outside, she let go of me and ranted for five minutes about how impolite I was, then she switched gears, and commended me on how I sussed out the unicorn. Then she says that she had never seen my face, and that she want's to take me to see the rest of her friends. I am really tired and am looking for another place to hide, so I say yes. After all, what could go wrong?

Author's Note:

Once again, this is a test. This theme is first person. I have been having a lot of Pinkie love shoved down my throat lately, so I was using this to get all the pent up stress and anger out. Don't hate me for it. I have been sick for the past few days, so I have had a lot of freetime, and I did both chapters so far in four days. I am sorry if the phase crystals seem to overpowered. They were an invention of a tired mind. So was this story, so sorry if it seems a bit scatter brained.