• Published 29th Mar 2014
  • 633 Views, 15 Comments

Sombra's Return - TheNomad



Crystals. Crystals are nice. Crystals don't kill you, no matter how hard they might try. Shadows, Darkness and Fear are nice too. My name is Sombra and. I. will. return.

  • ...
 15
 633

Not again... [Fix ups]

“One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.”
― Rita Mae Brown

The 'Sombra Exhibit' was strange. To have entire exhibit devoted to you is unsettling. I swore I herd one of the tour guides say I had kids. I never had kids! How do you mix that up?!

Oh crap I got off track. But this place. I mean it this place. I really like that they used obsidian crystals for decorations. They even had an obsidian chandelier... that used to hang in the dining hall. Do they really have to keep taking my stuff? Well they do think I'm dead, But that is still no reason to do it! I had a will!

But I do digress I need to find the princess; she will more than likely be near the end of the tour. On my way there though I did find something. My crown and armor! But it was behind two royal guards. I'll get them later.

There she is. She was talking to a tour group; they were too far away to hear what they were saying. But it would be easy to guess, we are in my exhibit after all. I quickly found a tour guide and acting as if I was just another tourist. I gave out a few "ooo's" and "ahh's" at what tour guide had to say but to be honest I didn't care.

When we finally got to the princess I couldn't help but notice something. No it wasn't her mane... no and it wasn't the Crystal Heart on her flank. It was her eyes. Cliché I know but they looked so innocent, brave, and strong all at once but most of all violet. Violet is one of the most common color bu-

"Damn" I whispered softly shaking my head clear of anything but the task at hoof. "I'm here she's here now we can do what must be done." I ready my magic. It was easily not to be notice one I was in the back of the group and second no pony or guard seemed to be paying attaching. That or just didn't care if their princess ended up a splatter on the wall.

I could feel all my hate build and build. The heat in my horn grew and grew till it felt it was going to burst. I could 'see' my mind work the chins and runes of my spell float past. Then I felt as if I was drained of magic like a bath being unplugged. Looking away from the runes -In other words losing focus- I could feel the chains that bound me to the spell shatter. I fell to my ground yet no one came to my side...

"Come along now" The tour guide said in a sing song voice. With that ponies started on their way out. Better now than never right? I won’t get this again. When her guard would be down AND have ponies around to see. Starting up the spell again, I felt the wind get knocked out of me. My magic! It couldn't have just left. I would have had her but it just gets up and leaves! I would have won this time! I fought to get my kingdom then lost fighting for it and then lost fighting to get it back I WILL NOT LIE DOWN NOW!!!

I could feel the archaic magic start to flow through my eyes once more. That and the running? Yes a running feeling from my eyes. That was strange. My magic never did that before. My anger slow dissipated as this feeling went on. My breath became ragged. My magic stopped flowing as my gasp for breath become more apparent. What was wrong with me?! For what felt like seconds turned into minutes then hours. Throughout all this I could hear whispers they were too quiet for me to understand but they were calming, soothing and loving.

When I started to get control of my breathing I noticed a presser on my back. I looked over to my side. I was met with violet eyes. They were filled with pity it made me want them to go away but as I looked through my blurrily vision I realized that it wasn't pity it was worry. Then it hit me the whispers were coming from these eyes, and the eyes were coming from the princess. But why would she try to help me? And why were they pitiful,

Then it hit me like a ton a bricks. I was crying. Once I realized her whispers were understandable, my breathing slowed back to normal and I noticed I was sitting next to the princess I was just trying to kill. I sat there for who knows how long just sitting there listening to her voice. It was calming unlike it was when I first met her or when I first met the sisters. She said many things but the most common were "shh's" and “its okay you're okay".

When I felt I had my strength back I tried to get up and did it to, with help from the princess letting me use her for support. My voice was horse from crying. "Th-thank you. I'm alright you didn't have to-"

Her voice wasn't angry or harsh it was soft yet firm. "Yes, I did" she smiled.

"Well then I thank you but you probably have things to do-"

"Actually I don't. Well not yet anyway."

"I don't get to choose do I?"

"No now come on" she said, pushing me to the exist.

We walked out of the building and walked around for a bit before she took me to the crystal heart. Witch was under the palace, one would think I would have seen that. As we walked up to it she stopped a few feet from it. We didn't say anything I felt it rude to start before her I don't know why...

"Whenever I get upset I come here. You know why?" Her voice was caring. She had to have seen my eyes... right? Or did I choose to brake don't at just the right moment?

"No., No I don't"

"It reminds me that I have to stay strong for those around me."

"Poetic."

"Yes indeed. But what I wonder is..." She hesitated as is afraid to ask She knows! Attacks, run, do something

"Go on" I said wanting to know what she had to say

She turned to face me. "What I wonder is what would make a stallion so upset to make him brake down in public like that." She winced. Don't know why though.

"A bad memory is all." sadly that wasn't a lie. No matter how much I wish it was.

"You can tell me." She really did sound spencer... But why though? Yes indeed... why?!

"Why should I trust you?!" I snapped

"I can't answer that-"

"Why?"

"Because I don't know. But if you don't want to end up like Nightmare Moon or Sombra you should, no need to tell someone." She said once more in not an angry but firm tone. But why would she help a stranger? Why?

"I... It's just... I lost something very dear to me." once again not a lie.

"What was it? Maybe I could help-"

"No it's something only I can't get back!"

"Oh... I see...It’s something spiritual then..."

"Spiritual?"

"You 'lost' something that only you and get back. Sort of like a unicorn losing their horn correct?" You have no idea. But she really thinks I lost a part of my soul or something like that! Oh hopefully I not rusty at lying... like last time.

"Yes correct."

"I thought so. But remember something a wise pony knows when to ask for help when he needs it." Oh she is starting to sound like my mother.

"I will, but I must be on my way."

She smiled then nodded permitting me to leave. She then made the worst mistake she could have done, turn around. I charged up my magic. Not too long ago I felt it return. Now I was ready, and her guard was down. She. Is. Going. To. DIE!

Author's Note:

Hey hey hey. Yeah the last chapter was a joke but now I need your help. yes your help. I don't know what to make Sombra's cutie mark. I was going to use this but now I'm not shore but I thought I'd let you guys decide.