• Published 9th May 2014
  • 502 Views, 7 Comments

Rainbow Dash takes a nap - NLRscout

  • ...
 7
 502

Naps

Aside from flying fast, doing tricks, showing off, and being a badass, Rainbow Dash's list of things to do included naps. She loved naps. They were one of her favorite things. She took them everywhere. Clouds, libraries, bakeries, boutiques, and even in apple trees. She'd never taken a dirt nap though. She wasn't even sure what the creepy looking pony in the hood was talking about. So she went on her way.

Some time passed and Rainbow Dash was chilling out on a cloud when she heard a familiar voice. She rolled over to peek over the side of the cloud and discovered the voices owner. Applejack. From what she could see, Applejack looked sad and downtrodden. This confused Rainbow Dash, until she saw that Applejack wasn't wearing her hat. 'She must have lost it.' Thought Rainbow Dash. Floating off her cloud perch, she gently descended until she was in front of the orange mare. "Hey Applejack, what's up?" She got no response and got a little frustrated, "Hello? Earth to Applejack, What's wrong?" She smiled when her friend looked up, but it didn't last long.

Her friends face was sunken and looked like she had been crying for the whole day. Immediately Rainbow Dash's face twisted into confusion once more. "Applejack?..." she left the question hanging in the air, waiting for an answer with bated breath but got no such luxury. Instead she was met but Applejack's piercing gaze that left Rainbow Dash feeling soulless. After what seemed like an eternity, Applejack sighed.

"Why'd you have to do it Rainbow? Why do that and leave all of us here without you?" Applejack's eyes started tearing up and she looked down once again. The subtle drip, drop of her tears pooling in a puddle below her the only sound in the air. Confused, Rainbow Dash looked at her friend wildly.

"Wait... What? Do what? I'm right here Applejack! I didn't leave any of you! I'm loyalty remember!?" Applejack didn't react to Rainbow Dash's words, but instead started a slow walk back on the path she was on. "Wait! Why aren't you listening!? I'm right here!" Still walking towards her, Rainbow Dash took an apprehensive step backward. "Stop! Applejack!" Almost to Rainbow Dash and seemingly ignoring her pleas, Applejack kept walking. Rainbow Dash stopped. "Applejack, look at me!" Rainbow Dash begged, but as her friend reached her, she passed through like she was made of air.

Dumbfounded and shocked at what just happened, she looked back at her friend who had just phased through her like she was made of nothing. "They can't hear you, you know." A sudden voice beside her made her jump. She turned to look at the offending voice, he was the same stallion from earlier. Black with wings made of bone, and a hood that removed his face from view. "Did I startle you? My apologies. However, talking to your friends will do you or them no good." His voice was deep, and radiated in authority. "Perhaps you didn't understand me when I spoke to you earlier. You're dead Rainbow Dash. That isn't a threat either."