• Published 28th Mar 2012
  • 1,030 Views, 24 Comments

Heir of Mystery - Poniard Dagger



Princess Celestia Explains her past to Twilight Sparkle and Rarity

  • ...
4
 24
 1,030

Chapter 1

Twilight waited for what seemed, to her, to be over an hour before Luna walked in to the room, Rarity, and, for some strange reason, Pinkie Pie,following closely behind her. Pinkie was not her normal, if you could call Pinkie normal, self. She was walking, instead of her usual hopping. She also was quiet, a large feat for the party pony. Luna walked up to the area which had the seats and motioned for Rarity and Pinkie to take a seat.

"We are pleased that you could join us in Canterlot, Twilight Sparkle. Our sister will be out shortly and we will explain to you the purpose of our calling you here today."

"Thank you, darling. I hate to impose, but do you have a place for a girl to freshen up?" Rarity asked.

"We do. You may use our washroom, follow us."

Luna preceded to open her door, and motioned for Rarity to follow her. Twilight noticed that Luna's room was not dark like she expected, in fact it was quite bright on the inside. Luna closed the door behind Rarity after nodding to Twilight.

Pinkie turned and sat down next to Twilight. Pinkie was clearly aching to move, she was tapping her hoofs on the floor. Twilight smiled, at least Pinkie was feeling fine.

Twilight broke the silence, "Pinkie, it's not that I don't want you here, but why are you here?"

Pinkie's response was just a whimper.

"Pinkie, whats wrong?"

As Pinkie looked at Twilight, tears began to form in her eyes.

"I was talking to Rarity when Luna came in. She started talking about how Rarity would be near immortal. If Rarity is immortal, and I am not, I'm going to die before her. I cant...i just won't. I'm not sad that I am going to die. I'm sad because you and Rarity will have to live without your friends and family. I don't want you to have to face life, while everyone around her is aging and passing on."

Pinkie's voice was barely above a whisper. As she finished she buried her face in her hooves. Pinkie was choking back tears. Twilight had not thought about that. How would she be able to outlive her friends? Could she continue on without her friends?

"Pinkie..." Twilight began, placing her hoof on the crying pony's shoulder. Twilight didn't know what to say. There was nothing she could say.

They sat there, Pinkie's crying slowly stopping, for a few minutes before Princess Celestia came back out. She was not wearing anything. Her royal jewelry absent from her white body. She was even missing her golden horseshoes. Pinkie Pie perked up when she saw the Princess, trying her best to look happy. It was not ten seconds later that Luna and Rarity came out of Luna's room. Rarity noted the solar Princess's appearance with a raised eyebrow and a quizzical look to Luna.

"Rarity, please take a seat with Twilight and..."began Celestia, "Pinkie, um, what are you doing here?"

"Well,” Pinkie's perky attitude was betrayed by her slightly reddened eyes, “i was talking to Rarity about her latest dresses when Luna came in, so I asked if i could come too 'cause I wanted to know what all the shenanigans was about, so while they were not looking I hopped into the carriage and flew back with Rarity and Luna." Pinkie explained.

"I see" Celestia shot a look at Luna, who simply shrugged and sat down beside her.

"I don't mean to sound rude," stated Rarity, "But all I have been told was that I could be immortal, but I don't know why? Why would it be necessary for me to be immortal."

"Rarity, it is not truly immortality"Luna stated,"Thy life is simply extended much beyond any normal pony."

"The reason, as I have already told Twilight, is because we are looking for replacements for ourselves."Celestia said, much to the surprise of Rarity. She was unable to say anything, but simply nodded.

"The only thing I can say is that this won't be easy, it was not easy for me or Luna. I can't tell you how it will go, but I can tell you what happened to us."

Twilight thought about it for about a minute and looked over at pinkie pie, who's eyes were still red, and her lower lip still quivered. Twilight made up her mind. She turned to Celestia and Luna.

"What will happen to our friends?" she asked.

"This is why we did not want Pinkamena Pie to join us on the trip." Luna stated, "We did not wish to hurt anypony."

Pinkie couldn't hold it any longer and she started crying once again. This time Rarity came to be her comforter. She took Pinkie in both her hooves in a hug and slowly began to rock back and forth, if only to show Pinkie that she was there for her.

Celestia looked over at the three with a look of concern and sadness, "Unfortunately, we cannot offer your friends the same. At most Luna and I may be able to pass it to one more of your friends, But the gift cannot be given to all six of you."

Rarity looked over at Luna. "You said earlier that you could tell us what happened to you. Before I can make a decision, I would like to know all the facts."

Luna nodded and looked to her sister. "Shouldest I start?"

Celestia nodded and said, "Before you begin. This is the first, and quite possibly the only time we will tell this story. We would appreciate it if you did not tell anypony else what we tell you. You may tell your friends, but make sure they don't tell anypony."

Pinkie made a few quick motions which Twilight vaguely recognized. Luna looked at the pink equine with a look of confusion. After similar looks from the other two ponies, Pinkie realized that she needed to explain.

"I made a Pinkie promise. I zipped my lips. Then i took the key. Then I dug a hole. I put the key in the hole. Then buried the key. Then built a house. Then up the house on top of the hole"

Celestia nodded, seemingly understanding what Pinkie had meant. Although luna seemed just as confused as before. Rarity simply chalked it up to "Pinkie being Pinkie."

"We art still confused, but we shall begin." Luna had removed the confused look and now had replaced it with one of remembrance. She closed her eyes, and concentrated on remembering what happened all those years ago.

"It all began sometime during spring..."