• Published 24th Mar 2014
  • 2,704 Views, 144 Comments

Lyra and Bon Bon visit Wales - Admiral Biscuit



Twilight Sparkle's research into the mirror portal has presented Lyra with a rare opportunity to study humans in their natural habitat.

  • ...
7
 144
 2,704

Going Home

Lyra and Bon Bon visit Wales
Chapter 5
Admiral Biscuit

Thomas walked over to the pair. “It's getting late; you girls interested in coming over to my flat after we leave the beach?”

“Is it far?”

“Couple of miles. I can give you a ride, or you can follow me if you'd prefer.”

She looked over to where Bon Bon was raiding the cooler for another Summer Lightning. “I can't leave her by herself.”

“She's welcome to come along,” he said eagerly. “Or we could go to your place.”

“I don't think that would work out,” Lyra said. “Not this time around. I'd have to check with Twilight and see if it's even possible.”

“Twilight?”

“She's the one who gave me instructions on how to get here,” Lyra explained. “She's our town librarian.”

Bon Bon came walking back over with a bottle in her hand. “Hey Lyra, Pedr said we can come to the pub with them!”

“We could go to my flat after the pub.”

Lyra looked back at the ocean. The sun was rapidly descending toward the horizon. “It would take too long,” she said regretfully. “We have to leave before sunset.”

“Oh, okay.” Bon Bon's shoulders slumped. “Too bad. I really like your beer. I'll go tell the rest of them the bad news.” She walked back towards the cooler.

“Lyra says we have to leave by sunset,” she told Pedr. “So we can't come to the pub. Next time we come, though. I'll convince Lyra we have to go.” She looked around at the group, who were in the process of getting dressed. “Is it a fancy place?”

“The pub? No, it's pretty laid-back,” Pedr told her. “Why?”

“Well, why are you getting dressed, then?”

“You can't go into the pub nude!”

“But you said it's not fancy,” she protested. “Why would you wear clothes to go to a normal pub?”

“Wait a minute.” Gwylan finished fastening her bra as she walked over to Bon Bon. “Are you implying that you would go into a pub without a stitch of clothing on?”

“I would,” Tirion said.

“You hang out at strip joints; your opinion doesn't count.” Tirion stuck out her tongue and gave Gwylan the finger.

“Yes?” Bon Bon looked at her in confusion. “Wouldn't you?”

Gwylan narrowed her eyes. “You're not yanking my crank, are you?”

“Noperson wears anything to Berry's,” Bon Bon said defensively. “Unless they're on a date, then sometimes they dress up.”

“I've got to see that,” Tirion said. “Put that on my bucket list. Is it a pub in your hometown?”

Bon Bon nodded.

“You're putting me on,” Gwylan said flatly. “I don't know what the gag is. Look, here in Wales you've got to wear clothes when you're out in public.”

Bon Bon glanced up and down the beach skeptically. “Really?”

• • •

“I'll walk you back to the carpark,” Thomas said. “Just let me get something on.”

“Um, we didn't come from the carpark,” Lyra said. “Whatever that is.”

Thomas paused, his briefs halfway up his legs. He was suddenly getting the feeling that he was being 'let down gently,' and was faced with an internal dilemma: should he fight it, or bow to the inevitable?

Thus far, he'd been entirely unsuccessful in finding a date who was willing to come to Morfa Dyffryn with him—and, of course, when he was in an active relationship, he couldn't go on his own. All of his past girlfriends had completely misunderstood the concept of naturism, and were far too prudish to try it on their own.

He'd thought he might have found the perfect woman—really, the perfect pair. But, if they were a couple . . . You've just been stringing yourself along, mate, he thought. Of course they aren't interested in a relationship. And if they were, how would that work? Alternating days? Still, a one-night stand or two would have been nice. He sighed and pulled his shorts up.

“I understand,” he said. “I get it—really, I do. But listen, I had a lot of fun with you two today. You're really cool, especially for a couple of French girls. I'd like to stay in contact, at least.” He took out a pen and a piece of paper. “Here, e-mail me when you get back home, or friend me on Facebook.”

“thomas.davis.733450@facebook.com?” Lyra frowned. “That's a weird address.”

“It's my e-mail.”

She held the paper for a moment, trying to decide what to do with it. For a second, Thomas thought she was going to just tear it up; instead, she set it in their basket, before she bent over and folded up their blanket.

“Come on, Bons, we've got to get going,” Lyra called.

“Coming!” Bon Bon was carrying a cardboard box with her. “Pedr said since I liked the Summer Lightning so much I could have the rest of it.”

“That was nice of him. It won't fit in the basket.”

“I'll carry it.” Bon Bon hugged the box to her chest. “I'll keep it safe.”

“Lucky beer,” Thomas muttered.

“Thomas,” Lyra said, walking over to him. “I had a lot of fun with you today. Bons did too, didn't she?”

Bon Bon nodded.

“I don't know how soon we can come back, but when we do I'd love to see your flat.” She wrapped her arms around him; a moment later, Bon Bon relinquished her grip on the beer and did, too.

Finally, the two let him go and picked up their things, and began walking up the beach. Thomas fleetingly thought about following them, but finally decided to just let them go, hoping against hope that Lyra wasn't lying about coming back.


"Admit it, Bons, you had a good time."

"It was an eye-opener, that's for sure," Bon Bon replied. "They all seemed pretty nice, too."

"Thomas was disappointed we couldn’t stay, though."

"I would like to see their homes and kitchens. And Pedr was nice enough to give me ten more Summer Lightnings." She glanced at the collection of bottles. "You'll have to open them for me, I guess."

"Maybe next time, we can go to his flat."

The mares were interrupted by a knock on the door. Lyra opened it and Twilight's grinning muzzle came into view, followed by the rest of the alicorn.

"I saw you'd lit your lamps . . . so, how'd it go?"

"I had huge boobs," Bon Bon told her.

"Aren't they weird?" Twilight grinned. "But what else? Tell me everything! It's for science!"

So they did.

• • •

Once Twilight had finally left, Lyra yawned. "I'm ready to hit the hay."

"Mrph," Bon Bon replied, lifting her head off the couch. She'd been dozing as the two unicorns spoke. She stretched the kinks out of her neck and shook her mane out of her eyes. "Me, too."

As the pair of mares trudged up the staircase, Bon Bon turned to Lyra. "So, is your horn up to a little bit of a workout tonight?"

Lyra grinned. "Always."

"That's good." Bon Bon pushed the door to their bedroom open. "I know something fun we can do." She nodded towards the dresser. "We can watch one of your seeker spells!"

Lyra's face fell. She remembered! "A . . . seeker spell?"

Bon Bon nodded. "You said there were some. Well, come on, let's see one."

"Ah . . . " Lyra looked around the room, trying to remember which object had the least offensive contents.

Bon Bon flopped on the bed and stretched out on the comforter, flicking her tail impatiently. "Get a good one. I wanna have a reenactment."

Lyra's face lit up. She knew just the thing. "Okay, I'll be right back."

A minute later, she was back in the bedroom, an oven mitt floating in her field.