• Published 18th Mar 2014
  • 908 Views, 21 Comments

Canterlot University- A Silver Belle Story - GhostInAJar



The CMC, DT, SS and Babs Seed go to Canterlot for some good ol' learning. Nothing will go wrong. No really.

  • ...
4
 21
 908

All Grown Up

Celestia's sun was not yet up fully when a young mare with a cream coat and fluffy red mane awoke.Her signature bow quickly tying her mane into it's usual style,a perfect copy of her sisters,she trotted quietly to the window to open her curtains.Her name was Apple Bloom, second youngest Apple on the Ponyville farm,Sweet Apple Acres.She had held the title of youngest, but since the arrival of her sister's daughter,Candy Windfall Apple,she was finally older than somepony.


In fact,she realised,she could hear Candy whimpering next door.Surely Applejack wouldn't mind if she just trotted in and went to calm her niece?No. It'd be okay.AJ and Soarin' could sleep through an earthquake.The yellowish Earth Pony slipped from her own bedroom into the next one to the left.A blue pegasus stallion was facing her, snoring loudly.She could just about make out her sister's clementine ears from behind his shoulders. Apple Bloom chuckled, making a beeline for the filly in the cot.The small pegasus stopped making curious sounds the moment she saw her aunt, and gave a burbling shriek of glee.AB giggled, holding out a hoof for the candyfloss furred foal to hold onto.Candy gratefully took the hoof, shaking her new plaything.Apple Bloom's golden gaze was as soft as down as she stared down at the young filly.
"Howdy,Windy.Were ya feelin' lonely?Ya don' need ta worry now, sugar. Auntie Bloom's got ya."She whispered, her words cooing and assuring to the young pony. Turning to the window, the farmpony smiled as the saw the first trickles of sunlight begin to seep onto the landscape."Lookit, filly.There's th' sun.Ya like the sun,don'tcha? Soon ya'll be high in the clouds with yer pa."She smiled.


There was a shifting behind her as an older voice replied."Not if Ah have anythin' ta do with it."Applejack smiled, climbing out of bed." Was Candy causin' disturbances?"She asked, looking at her sister. Apple Bloom shook her head.
"No, no. Ah'd just woken up when Ah heard her whimperin'.Thought Ah'd come say hello." The eldest Apple sister nodded,before smiling down at her daughter.The touching moment lasted only a couple of seconds before AJ's head snapped back up.
"Y'all needs ta be down at th' train station in less than three hours!"The mare gasped, ushering her sister out of the room."Ya need ta git ready!Git in that bathroom now!"Applejack commanded,her hooves pressed firmly into Apple Bloom's shoulder blades, guiding the younger pony into the bathroom.

~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★~ ★ ~

It was a couple of hours after Apple Bloom awoke did one of her best friends, a unicorn named Sweetie Belle awaken too.She was staying with her sister, and the older unicorn, a snowy unicorn who went by the name of Rarity, wouldn't wake up for at least another hour or so.Sweetie decided to make the best of this time, using her minty green aura to pick up a book.She had forgotten what it was about, but read on anyway.Eventually she began to remember the past events of the story, and really got into it.She read a few chapters before there was a knock on her door.


"Come in!"She called, tidying her mane a little as her sister stepped into the room, her own indigo mane hanging around her shoulders, not yet styled for the day. The older mare yawned, smiling sleepily.
"Sweetie,darling. I think it's time you showered, big day today and all!"The dressmaker smiled,picking up Sweetie's discarded items from the floor."I'll make breakfast in a minute or so."She added,watching her sister leave the room and head to the bathroom for a shower.

~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★~ ★ ~

The final pony of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, a pegasus, coated in fur of the most vibrant orange stepped out of her own shower, dripping wet.Her violet mane clung to her face,strands of her tail covering her cutie mark.The wheel,set on fire,had adorned her flank for years now. Her best friends had gotten theirs both before and after her. Apple Bloom was the first to realize she loved design,her cutie mark taking the shape of a zap apple being painted with a paintbrush.Sweetie Belle,soon after her friends,decided her passion was singing, and now a pink heart with a purple musical note was printed on her white flank.


"Scootaloo! Kid! Come on! We don't have long. The train leaves soon and I'm sure ya wanna meet up with your friends!"A brash voice called from downstairs. Scootaloo didn't hesitate in rushing downstairs,her mane and fur drying from the speed.
"Here I am Dash!"She smiled,picking up her bags.The rainbow maned pegasus grinned back in response."Come on then! What're we waitin' for? It's time for you to get off to Canterlot University!"

~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★~ ★ ~

Canterlot University.A majestic structure made of the finest marble.It towered above most other Canterlot buildings, adding to the significance of this academic gateway.The sheer beauty of it made the three Ponyville mares feel small and simple compared to the bustle of upperclass ponies swimming around them.


"Wow. Sure is big."Apple Bloom gasped in awe,looking at her friends,hoping to spark a flame of conversation.The others nodded.
"Yeah. It's as pretty as the Carousel Boutique!"Sweetie Belle replied, her eyes shining. Scootaloo looked up at the marble.
"Eh.. it's pretty shiny.. I guess."She said.The three trotted into the building, smiling together.
"Ah hope we're in a dorm together!"Apple Bloom smiled, skipping along the shiny floor.
"AB! Get ova' here ya silly little filly!"A familiar voice called. The CMC turned to the source of the voice,seeing a familiar Earth Pony with a bright pink mane.
"Babs!"The three friends called, hugging her one by one, grins stretching their cheeks wide.
The four then went to find out their dorms.Upon arriving the four mares checked their room numbers.Sweetie Belle was first to read hers out.
"Hey! I'm in room 203!"She smiled,hoping one of her friends would reply with 'Me too!',but it was to no avail.
"908."Apple Bloom replied,making an apologetic face at her horned friend.
Scootaloo put a hoof on her friend's shoulder."1006." She replied.Babs gave a gasp.
"Hey me too!" She replied,putting a hoof up for Scootaloo to bump. The two said their goodbyes to the other two and sped off to find their room.
"Ah guess it's jus' us then.."AB grimaced,nudging Sweetie.Sweetie Belle was first to find her room,and said goodbye to her Earth Pony friend.

~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★~ ★ ~

Apple Bloom smiled,having now found her room.She adjusted her mane and prepared to open her door.From what she could hear, her room-mate was already in there.The voice sounded familiar.AB hesitated, ready to turn away, but decided against it.When she opened her door,the earth pony gave a gasp."Oh no..."
The lilac and white mane, the blue eyes, the magenta coat...
Her room-mate was Diamond Tiara.
"Oh. I hoped I'd get you.Silvie has that songbird,Sweetie Belle,and I wouldn't want that dodo."She told Bloom,whining in that nasally voice of hers.Apple Bloom huffed.
This year was going to be far too long

Author's Note:

My first fic! Be kind. Please? Constructive Criticism is welcomed, but no flames.. please I have a fragile heart. It's as fragile as the Crystal Heart itself owo
Please do comment if you liked it, and the next chapter will be up soon! I hope. I get writers block a lot. ANYWAY! Um.. thanks for reading!