• Published 16th Mar 2014
  • 298 Views, 5 Comments

Unknown Pasts - Asdera3485



A collaberation of short stories that relate to the pasts of some of the characters in "Morsidus Grim-Record: The Last Element"

  • ...
 5
 298

Chapter 3 - Elayas Silver-Moon

Chapter 2
Name: Elayas Dronjak/Silver-Moon
Job: Drummer/Sweet Apple Acres Market Cart
Type: Human/Pegasus

Elayas was walking around the school, looking for any kids trying to skip class. He still never forgave himself for what happened. It has been a year since the accident that caused Josh's death. No one was over what happened. The band broke up and he was still single.

He went on a few dates with Elizabeth but she dumped him when she found out about the whiskey he had in his drums. No one has seen her since. Zecora disappeared on some sort of soul searching journey. Melody still lives in town but rarely leaves her apartment. The explosion pretty much broke her mind.

Elayas was now in college for Graphic Design classes. During his down time, the school hired him to be a hall monitor. He was paid well and he only worked on days that he was there. He thought it was a fair schedule, otherwise he would be at home with nothing to do but hope that things will get better.

As soon as Elayas turned the corner to go down another hall, he saw a kid holding the fire alarm switch. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." he said as he stopped and stared at the kid. He pulled the switch anyways and ran. Elayas started chasing after him.

After a few minutes and having to avoid tripping on others, he saw the kid run out one of the doors to the greenhouse area. As Elayas stepped through the door, he saw a bright flash of light. When his vision returned, he realized he was in a garden that was nowhere near the school. Upon further pondering, he realized he was tapping his chin with a hoof.

"Oh cool!" he yelled as he looked at his full self, unaware of the guard nearby. When he realized that the guard was there, he froze.

The guard was a typical Night Guard of Luna's Court. He had a spear which was promptly leveled at Elayas' neck. "Under the authority of Princess Luna, I am placing you under arrest for sneaking into the Palace Garden. You will follow me and not try to escape or I am authorized to use lethal force if necessary." he said.

Elayas just had an understanding and blank look on his face, but was definitely scared to death. This guy... pony.... THING just threatened him. He realized that he was sitting and put his front hooves up. "I will comply and follow in front of you if you want so as to keep a better eye on me." He stated calmly.

The guard just nodded and pointed the first direction. After about 20 minutes of walking, they finally made it to the dungeon within the basement of the castle. The guard broke the silence. "You will wait in here until morning when Princess Celestia has a chance to speak to you. The toilet is in the corner behind the curtain. We also have some books if you would like one. Otherwise please remain silent. With how you look though, I would recommend some sleep."

Elayas nodded as the guard walked away. 'For a guy that threatened to kill me if he thought he needed to, he was kinda nice. Now how am I a pony and why is my tattoo on my ass? How did i get here? I wonder if they serve breakfast?' all the questions ran through his mind. the only one that didn't was if there was anyone else in the cell. There was one other, but it was just a drunk stallion who was being detained for being rude during Day Court.

Elayas laid down on the floor away from the booze soaked pony and fell asleep after a little bit.

The next morning, Elayas was woken up by someone shaking him. When he finally managed to get up, he noticed the other pony was right there. Elayas just looked at him all confused like. The stallion spoke to him in a drunk like speech but Elayas still understood him. "The Day Guards are here to bring you to the throne room to speak with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna."

Elayas nodded and walked over to the cell door. He was greeted by a different guard than the one from the night before. They were about halfway there when his stomach growled. "Sorry." he said as the guards looked at him, thinking he was making the noise on purpose. They passed by a red pony with blue hair and black stripes. He apparently heard Elayas' stomach and decided to hand him an apple. "Thank you." he said and the red stallion just nodded before walking the other way.

After a few minutes, they had finally reached the throne room. He saw what appeared to be two ponies that had both wings and horns. One was white and was fully alert and awake. The other was a very dark blue and was obviously sleeping in her throne. He was told to sit and he did so promptly. The white one waived her hoof and all the guards exited the room.

"Greetings, my little pony." The white one had the voice of an angel. He thought she sounded kind of motherly in the way she said those four words. She continued to speak. "I am Princess Celestia, the sleeping one is my younger sister, Princess Luna. I hope you don't mind. She has been up all night and fell asleep right here." Elayas understood and nodded and bowed a bit before replying. "My name is Elayas Dronjak, but everyone at home calls me Elayas Silver-Moon. I understand that I was arrested for sneaking into the royal gardens but to be honest, I don't know how I got there."

Luna was stirring, apparently her sleep was being interrupted by their sleep. Celestia was able to lull her back to sleep. "I can understand that. We had one about a week ago, who stumbled into one of our hallways and said the same thing. So, Where are you from Elayas?"

Elayas went over his tale about where he came from and how he got there. He even told her about the nice stallion that gave him the apple. Celestia nodded as she listened. After about a half hour of listening, she spoke again. "Ah, yes. The zebra stallion is one of Luna's favorite guards. He is always admired for how nice he is. I just have one question. Do you know one that calls himself Morsidus Grim-Record?"

Elayas' eyes went wide as he heard the name. He couldn't speak so he just nodded. "I figured as much. SnowFire, please send a retrieval team to fetch Morsidus and the others at Twilight's Library. Tell them it involves the Fang Wolf-Shadow Case." As she finished the request, the red zebra from earlier was in plain sight not ten feet behind Elayas. He nodded and walked out to relay the message to the guards. He then walked back in and stood back where he was before.

"How is it possible? You said he arrived in this world a week ago, but in my world, he was considered dead for about a year." he said to no one in particular. Luna gave a small yawn that made even Elayas think it was cute. Luna got off her throne and walked towards one of the doors as she spoke. "We had troubles in the distant past of one that could travel between dimensions. We learned from him that time flowed differently between one another. Our time stream just runs at a slower pace than yours."

She left the room and a few minutes later, so did SnowFire. Celestia and Elayas talked about some random stuff about how Equestria worked. At around noon, he heard a familiar voice behind him. "Elayas? Is it really you?"

Elayas just turned and nodded. "Yes Morsidus. I'm really here."

Author's Note:

Chapter three~~~~~~~. (Singy voice)

I don't think it put it in the main story, but his first name is pronounced uh-lie-us
His real last name is pronounced drone-yak

The kid that pulled the fire alarm was none other than the Antagonist of the main story, Fang Wolf-Shadow.

The reason that Elayas doesn't seem freaked out by the fact he was turned into a pony was because he was raised to never freak out unless it was definitely life or death. that and he always wondered what it would be like to be an animal of some sort.